Grumbax - 70 - Destro Warlock

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

grumbax

Grumbax - 70 - Destro Warlock

Post by grumbax »

Name: Martin
Freetime: Work, WOW and friends.

Gear

The wowamory link below is with no buffs at all. Raidbuffed I have aprox. 1400 spelldmg.
With a switch of trinket I am hit capped with 210 hit though I get a small decrease in spelldmg. The link below I use for trashclearing in instance/raids and for farming. I switch trinkets to scryers bloodgem and Darkmoon Card: Crusade at bossfights. If u want a closer look at my different gearspecces I am available in-game.

I lack T6 gear because of onlucky DKP bids and drops, but I do have a lot of endgame gear to make up for it imo.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Grumbax
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Defias ... er=Grumbax

Mainspecc

As of 3.0.2 I am playing with the specc linked below. Its experimental and will soon change with the upcoming LK expansion.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen ... &n=Grumbax

Guilds

I was in The Requisition untill last night where I left because of the behavior against me recently from the guildleader and some of his officers. Accusations where wrongly made against me and the tone on vent was mostly harsh and inmature. The attitude from the guildleader and some of the officers where childlike and the guildleader behaved like a "know it all". I then decided, that this wasnt the guild for me afterall.

Raidexperience

KA, ZA, GL, MAG, SSC, TK, MH, BT (except Illidan) and some tries at Brutalus in SWP.

Why Ubi?

I have heard only good things about Ubi from Saphne. I believe Ubi is the mature guild I am looking for. I like to raid and I like to progress. I would also like to join a guild with who I can experience Lich King and do some fun raids with. I like the raiding hours Ubi has. I have work so I cant raid after midnight in weekdays and sundays. I still need Winterchill in MH so I can get my Adal titel;-) The titel is still available for those who still have the quest in their qoestlog pre-patch:-)

What can I bring?

I am alchemist/herbalist, so I can bring most pots and elixirs and flasks.
A wellgeared, dedicated player who is totally in love with the wow environment. I know my class and like everybody else I think my class has been nerfed big time in LK and as a true lock I hate rogues. "stun, stun, slice & dice and dead", damn u rogue.

I have a lvl70 Tauren Hunter as alt with blues and some Kara/badge gear.

I am not much of a pvp player, but do enjoy a BG now and then.

I like to help other guildmembers like leveling alts with them, bring mats for pots and elixirs and I dont mind doing some old world stuff like a run in MC or BLW. For me wow is about having fun while progressing.

Who do I know in Ubi?

Saphne/Doomhawk, who I talk to occationally and we have done some fun instances together.

Last comments

I hope so much that U will accept me for trial and that I have made a good impression. Looking forward to hear from u.
gantrithor

Re: Grumbax - 70 - Destro Warlock

Post by gantrithor »

Hello Grumbax, given I'm not an office but just curious.

Any reason for 5/5 Imp. Corruption?
Thoughts about 1/3 backdraft?
Shadowburn for?
1/2 HS?
Nether prot?

Just curious what your thoughts are about that specc, and why you specced like you did.

P.S. To give a really good impression it's best to stick with real words... my point typing YOU instead of U. D.S.
grumbax

Post by grumbax »

As I said in my application, the specc is pure experimental as the lock trees has been totally changed/nerfed after patch. I have to try out what specc suits me the best. I took the specc from the warlocks den because it was the closest to my previous specc. I chose imp because imp has been buffed alot in the new talenttree and destro locks are more depented on firedamage in the new patch and improved imp and empovered imp go well together in the destro specc. The improved imp also provide more stam to the raid.

As I wanted to try out chaosbolt I had to prioritize the talent points at my disposal so thats why there is only 1/3 in backdraft. Things will change as I lvl up to 80 and get more points to spent. Shadowburn could maybe easily be used somewhere else. Its just a left over from my previous specc.

I dont see anything wrong in having nether prot. since its a nice protection to have as a clothuser. And its handy in BG too.

About the 1/2 HS I believe as there will be other warlocks in a guild some of them might have 0, 1/2 or 2/2 and I believe its best for the raid to have the variety of HS so people can carry 3 kinds of HS at the same time.

But as I said, lvl up to 80 will give me more talentpoints and more possibilities to move around some points for better specc.

And last, me saying U instead of YOU really shouldnt have anything to say in an application. Even in the application readme on the front page there are words like grp and rl, so no need to be a nitpicker. Its how you do in game and in raids that should matter imo.
gantrithor

Post by gantrithor »

grumbax wrote: About the 1/2 HS I believe as there will be other warlocks in a guild some of them might have 0, 1/2 or 2/2 and I believe its best for the raid to have the variety of HS so people can carry 3 kinds of HS at the same time.
I'm afraid Healthstones are UNIQUE now. So it doesn't matter if you have improved HS or not.
People can still only carry one. :(
grumbax

Post by grumbax »

No, people can still carry 3 different HS. If that has changed please give me a link where I can read about it.

What about this specc http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZzxcZVcGVr0uVoAcct

Would that be better?
Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

Hello Grunbax!

Thank you for your application, i fear however that we are already full on warlocks. We have 4 active ones atm and a 5th one becoming active with WOTLK again, so i doubt we have a spot for a 6th. If we get some spots open i will talk with Saphne and you can apply again if you still want to join then (or simply bump this one to being active again).

Take Care :)

Lanius
gantrithor

Post by gantrithor »

grumbax wrote:No, people can still carry 3 different HS. If that has changed please give me a link where I can read about it.

What about this specc http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZzxcZVcGVr0uVoAcct

Would that be better?
How about our raiding experience in 3.0? Trying to give people different Healthstones...
So no you can only have one stone at a time as it is now. :(
grumbax

Post by grumbax »

Thanks for the reply. I will keep myself updated via Saphne and cross my fingers that a spot will open in the near future.

Just to let u know. I have respecced and I am moving towards this specc up to lvl80. http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=IZdxc0cZVcGVr0uVsAfct