Hopos - Mage

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Hopos

Hopos - Mage

Post by Hopos »

Name: Hopos
Class: Mage
Spec: 2/48/11, I used to be arcane specced though I found 2/48/11 to be the easiest way to dps and support the raid, and I know deeply how to play that spec.
Gear: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... od&n=Hopos (please note that I'm not in Property of Jexa, armory hasn't updated that yet strangely.)
Guild you re in now / guild you were in before (reasons you left): Only guild I've been on in Defias Brotherhood is Property of Jexa. I left cause I wanted to get back to the hardcore raiding I used to do at Sporeggar before I transfered.
Why you want to apply to us: I save the note on the forums that you're recruiting mages, I got really interested since I know that you're a real hardcore guild, and I would really like to be a part of this guild. I love raiding, it's my favorite aspect in this whole game, and I think that I can really enjoy raiding with you people.
What do you think you can bring to us: One of the best CC methods in the game, everlasting supplies of food and water, portalling out people and of course a fire mage's dps.

Some aditional info about you, maybe your rl name / kind of music you listen and so on...

My name is Antti, I live in Sweden and I am 17 years old. I enjoy life through being with my girlfriend, my RL friends and of course playing music. I'm a musician, and I listen mostly to deathcore and trash, death and goth metal. Then of course I love to play WoW. I've been playing since the beginning of TBC, so no pre-tbc experience here. I used to enjoy most of this game through raiding from everything from Karazhan to Black Temple with my old guild, we experienced alot and progressed a whole lot. As I understood I had so much dedication through doing something that I really like, so it was kinda big for me to kill Kael'thas and start Black Temple and Mount Hyjal before 2.4, and I really loved it.

I think that's about it, I'm free to answer any question.
Renkyl

Re: Hopos - Mage

Post by Renkyl »

1) Why dont you have a cape enchant.
2) If you didnt gem 9 spd all over the place you wouldnt have to waste a glove enchant on 15 hit when you could have 20 spd.
3) You have mentioned that you bring water and portals to the raid, but not decursing. Do you not feel decursing is an important job for a mage?
Gedo

Post by Gedo »

Hello Hopos, thanks for your application.
Though I am almost satisfied with your gear, I still have some questions.
As Renkyl mentioned above, your gear, gemming and enchanting are not perfect or close to, even for your level. Some items (for head slot, for example, and belt) can easily be changed in favor of much better items. Badge vendor/Zul'Aman/Trade channel are at your service to help with this matter. :)
If you're feeling serious about this application, please gear yourself up to the max, we expect max output from all members.
Cya in future
-Gedo
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
Hopos

Post by Hopos »

Firstly I'm answering to Renkyl's questions:

The reason I don't have a cape enchant, is that I've yet to find someone that can enchant subtlety on cape.

Yes I'm aware of the enchant on my gloves, that was just put there when I first got those gloves to cover my spellhit cap. I'm about to enchant with 20+ strength and gem the rest of the hitcapping.

Of course I do feel that decursing is an important job, I just didn't think of mentioning here. At Archimonde, the decursing is first priority before dpsing and everything else. And at the Hyjal trash I aswell spend my dpsing time to use it for decursing the 33% hit chance reducement or what it was.

And to Gedo, I'm aware of what I need to upgrade and where they can be found. I'm currently spending time to get Spellstrike hood and 12+ spd gems to it, and as for the belt I can craft belt of blasting, and I'm aswell grinding the mats to that. I'm really serious about this application, and really dedicated to raid again, so I will gear up the best I can.

I've been doing Zul Aman and lots of small raids with PoJ aswell, it's just that there has never dropped a replacement for my hood that I'm so ashamed over for me.

// Dundundun Hopos
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Perkeleen Hurri Antti :D

Oo suomalainen äätana!
Hopos

Post by Hopos »

Kyllä. Can't speak finnish tho, just got finnish name :3.
Hopos

Post by Hopos »

As an update, I'm replying that right now I'm focusing on getting Spellstrike Hood. I got 3/4 of the mats at the moment and it's my first priority to get it and gem with 12+ spelldamage gems. Aswell after that I am focusing on crafting Belt of Blasting. At the same time I'm grinding badges to get the new badge gloves. As I don't have any possibility to raid at the moment (Besides PuG raids, uhhh...) I think this is the best I can do to upgrade my gear at the moment. And of course grinding more badges for 12+ spelldamage gems.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

really great effort! however, we aren´t recruiting mages at this point anymore. we will see how our trials work out and possibly recruit in some weeks again.

exceptions can only be made if you are already sunwell ready, which unfortunately isn´t the case in your case.

hope you find another guild to raid with. check the pve progress thread and apply to a hyjal raiding guild.

take care.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Hopos

Post by Hopos »

Thanks for the reply, I will problably be on standby, and try again to apply in some weeks if there will be some more need for mages, since this is the guild that has been most interesting to me so far. Thanks for the reply, and good luck with the Sunwell.