Myfanwy- Mage

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Myfanwy

Myfanwy- Mage

Post by Myfanwy »

Class - Mage

Spec - 40/0/21 (This was suggested to me by an officer in MI)

Armory Link- http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Myfanwy

Current Guild - Malicious Intent

Why Ubiquity - Malicious intent used to be pretty impressive, we progressed from karazhan to BT and MH in about 5 months. We always had raid sign ups, and raids were nearly always very successful. However, a lot of the players including officers have either stopped playing completley or have stopped for AoC. Now we are left in a real bad situation, with a poor raiding alliance with Brewmasters (!). Raids are being cancelled, or when we do raid, we wipe for hours endlessley on really easy bosses. Considering I find all the content I have done so far very easy, I feel like im bashing my head on a brick wall. You guys seem to have what im after

Raiding History- I have been raiding since Crimson Tide started in Karazhan. I progressed to the end of t5 content with crimson tide, and left due to my situation at that time. I joined Malicious Intent where we went through all of t5 again, and got up to Archimonde and Gurtogg in t6. I have recently updated my mobo, and now I sit at 40-70 fps.

Spec- My spec was recommended to me by an officer in Malicious Intent. if there is better, ill change it

What can I bring to Ubiquity - I will always sign up for raids as soon as I see them posted. I have no problem following instruction or respecting authority in raids. I feel that I am getting good at this raiding lark, its very rare I find a boss hard.

About yourself - Im 22 years old and my name is Lydia. I live in East Yorkshire UK (am originally from Wales). I pride myself on my academic achievement, I have a BSc in Psychology and am back in university training to be a Psychiatric Nurse. I am interested in Neurology, psychiatry, psychology, human biology and IT. I intend on being a modern matron in a secure psychiatric hospital when I qualify. I love King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, The X Files, and Dexter, and enjoy pretty much all Asian Extreme movies by Tartan. I have a boyfriend of 7 years who I live with here in Hull. I listen to heavy metal and techno

NB: Aether is a rl friend and guildie- he is real nice and is better at WoW than me :)
Gedo

Re: Myfanwy- Mage

Post by Gedo »

Nice and honest application, and from a girl!
But, when I see something like "this xx was recommended to me by xxxx", I start to worry about persons' understanding of their class.
So a little quiz
a) What makes Fire tree so good? Why deep fire builds are labeled as best sustained DPS ? Answer as short as possible. (or maybe just name the talent :) )
b) How do you see difference between various mage builds? Describe what spell rotations would you use and why for 40/0/21, 2/47/11(+1), 0/0/61 talent specs?
c) How do you manage your cooldowns in listed above specs?
Okay I'm done with stupid questions, on to the normal ones:
1) Aside from 25man dungeons, how you think you can improve your gear? Give a detailed answer, please.
2) Do you plan to reach "Exalted" status with Scryers reputation faction? And when?
3) What was your best DPS on Teron Gorefiend? Do you have problems with killing Constructs?
4) Do you remember Morogrim Tidewalker encounter? What was your role there?
5) What addons do you use? How do you think they help you?
6) What do you think of raidframes? Do you think only healers should use it, or every single raid member? Why?
-Gedo
p.s. At the moment your gear is not that good as I wanted it to be, but if you make some corrections with badge items and then total regemming I think it might work just fine.
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
Kezmo

Post by Kezmo »

Any of the original guys from MI get my vote, played with both Myfanwy & Aether, both skilled players and good fun & would be an asset to the guild imo. :)
Myfanwy

Post by Myfanwy »

ooh a challenge!

Im in university right now, so ill spend some time doing these tonight if thats ok.
Gedo

Post by Gedo »

Yeah sure, take your time!
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

Gedo wrote: 6) What do you think of raidframes? Do you think only healers should use it, or every single raid member? Why?
good question. *stares*
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.