[Declined] Fübar - Resto Druid

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Fübar

[Declined] Fübar - Resto Druid

Post by Fübar »

Dear Ubiquity Members,

I'd like to point out I am happy to apply as a full time 'back-up' member as I get home about 20:00 realm time, I'd love to come to raids but if there isn't space on a given night I don't go emo, I'm happy to go grind my 'The Insane' title which I've been working on. So anytime you want me to come heal I'm up for it, other than that I've grinds to do cos I'm an achv whore (6.7k).

Welcome to my application. I am the Fübar, the one true ring, friend and gimp of Superiority, sometiems known as 'failbar', 'gaybar' or whatever Super feels like when he has sand in his vagina.

And here is our story...

A long time ago in a realm far, far away... (well actually it was just Burning Blade yesterday but that's not important)

It is a period of noob war in /2.
Rebel ninja guilds,
striking through random pugs on Burning Blade,
have won much epic loot from,
the evil Galactic Epeen of Fübar and Princess Superiority
(for indeed he is transgender - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender).

During their time on Burning Blade,
Rebel noobs managed to steal Superiority's LK kill,
As well as the Achv's required for Fübar's Epeen,
the ultimate weapon, the DEATH PEEN,
an armored epeen with enough power to destroy an entire internet connection.

Pursued by the noobs on Burning Blade,
Princess Superiority races to the account managment page,
custodian of the stolen credit card he saves his friend and transfers to another realm,
thus restoring balance to the force...

Happy ending = win.

...........................................................................................................................

HaHa ok this has been fun but seriously you want me to make a real application, well it goes a little something like this (cue some generic gangsta rap).

CHARACTER
* Nick: Fübar
* Class and Race: Druid, Tauren Sex Machine.
* Level: 80 and then some.
* /played: 99 days
* Armory link: my armoury isn't working but feel free to inspect me anytime, careful with my udders though, they're sensitive.
* Professions: (can you craft something special?) Max JC and Max Alch with most recps.

Progression:

Naxx10: cleared
Naxx25: cleared (I think)
Ulduar10: up to yogg
Ulduar25 up to yogg
Toc10: cleared
Toc25 cleared
ICC10: 11/12, 4/12 HC
ICC25: don't remember but it's not as good as ICC 10.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
* Sex: Male
* Nationality: English
* Playing time: I can come and raid anytime I'm online. If I'm online = I will come to any raid you ask me not to get myself saved in.
* Previous guilds and reasons for leaving them: I migrated because Burning Blade hasn't many good guilds and Super was coming here so I thought "why the hell not?"

* Were you ever an officer or obtained a leadership position of your past guild(s)? Yes I used to run 'Dreader Than Dread' here is the website link... http://www.dreaderthandread.co.uk/

* Fluency in English: Perfect
* Connection/Computer: (Write a details of your computer (specs) and connection. Are you DC-ing?) 6GB Ram, 1GB dedicated Graphics Card, i7 processor, internet is 'up to' 20mb - it's generally good. Best one I can afford. I rarely dc.
* Can you use ventrilo and microphone? Yes in my sleep.

YOU AND YOUR CHARACTER:

* Talents: Explain why you have the spec you have; why it suits you the best? Does it have any advantages/disadvantages when compared to other specs? I've spent a huge amount of time testing different specs as resto druid, I've always been a healer (an old account I was a holy/disc priest). My druid spec has been built up from harvesting and posting on the druid forums and a lot of testing. Originally I began with a HT spec, moved that onto a haste + nourish spec. In the end I am spec'd to drop rejuv/regrowth and spam nourish under heavy dps spikes. Wild growth ftw. I top most healing meters and I can dance like Mick Jagger (I mean follow tacs).

* Gear: Write a few lines about your gear; what does your current gear lack? My gear doesn't matter. I'm about 5.9k GS, it's good but my skill is what brings high healing and skill matters most. To tell you the truth I upgrade when I can but I never worry about gear. I think at the mo I'm in the process of swapping some spellpower/haste gems with spellpower/crit. It's minor changes I make depending on how I feel things are performing.

* Guild: Why do you want to join us? What can we gain by accepting you into its ranks?
I want a stable guild I can join and be a part of. I hate guild hopping and I want some people to play with who are fun and skilled. I've heard Ubiquity is one of the best guilds and spoke to Rez. So here I am.

* WoW goals: For how long are you planning to play this game? What is it you want to achieve? Are you willing to leave behind your WoW/irl friends for pve progress? I want max PvE progress, I am willing to wipe and keep playing even when its tough. I am an achv whore. I have no friends, only fans.

* Performance: Tell us something about your playing style (WWS link, recount screens, etc. would be a very nice addition). Tell us how you are playing:
I use Grid as my unit frame and I'm dropping rejuv. I see two types of healing, preventive (hots) and reactive (direct heals). Therefore I'm dropping rejuvs (also this helps with Revitalize http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48545 which gives crazy mana/energy/rage/runic regen for whole raid), if I know a tank of someone is taking regular dmg I opt for regrowth. I spank wild growth out whenever it is off CD if raid is taking dmg. I lifebloom on tanks and then under heavy dmg nourish and regrowth. Basic resto stuff... it's not the art, it's the artisan! Also use Bartender, Recount, Drdamage, Deadly Boss Mods in raids.

MISCELLANOUS:
A few meaningless questions that the Management wants to ask.

* Wipes: Are you patient and can withstand hours of wiping on new bosses? Do you tend to blame others for screwing up the fight?
I can admit when I've failed even if it means getting raped and I am willing to wipe and be patient. I'm easy going and my only weakness is a tendency to chat too much.

* Farming: I hate farming and use AH to top my gold up. I'm not too rich but I'm rich enough to raid.

Finally, after the application, I am confident as a healer. My HPS is high and I love WoW. Trial me up...
Rezeka

Re: Fübar - Resto Druid, Guild Gimp, International Playboy.

Post by Rezeka »

Fübar wrote:I've heard Ubiquity is one of the best guilds and spoke to Rez. So here I am.
Representin'
Fübar wrote: I have no friends, only fans.
I lol'd

Overall I think it's a very personality filled application and shows obvious signs of effort put into it. Tho I'll let the druids handle the questions they might have about you, as I'm not personally that involved in the tree climbing business.

Good luck!
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

I'm waiting for my kebab to be delivered at 00:52... sigh, Super made me do it!

I think we've become semi-married online.
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Lunchbreak and I thought I'd come and hang out here, "coffee is for closers" our boss says... and I have a Starbucks mug the size of a chinese orphan's head. I did rob it from Starbucks = win.

Of course I don't condone ninja'ing. Starbucks deserved it though.

P.s. My kebab was poorly put together last night and I was grossly disappointed in the state of the pita bread. I still ate it tho...
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

MY amoury is now working thanks to some tech blizz guy...

Here is the link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... F%C3%BCbar
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

thank you for your application. we´ll let you know asap.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Exciting! If this was on facebook I would 'like'.

I'll be online tonight if you want to trial me in a raid before you make your decision. I'm confident I'll perform well.

Anyway - peace out. I got work and coffee to be doing.
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Also please consider this application along with Superioritys as we are friends playing together.
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Dear Ubiquity,

I have baked cookies and made fresh bread. I've a couple of bottles of the champ on ice.

When can we start celebrating my trial? I'll bring the ho's.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

i´m afraid we will have to decline your application. we don´t think you´re ready for real endgame raiding. your gear is very weak and in addition to that it´s gemmed incorrectly in parts (sp + crit). furthermore you are sitting 204 haste rating below your 25 man raid haste cap.
good druid hps will forever be tied to hots and the more you can dish out the better it is. so, taking 3% haste from balance would be the much better choice at your weak gear level.

we wish you the best of luck finding a more suitable guild.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Fübar

Re: [Declined] Fübar - Resto Druid

Post by Fübar »

Some interesting points and I'm glad you talked about haste as I've gone and read up.

The cap is 735 haste with 3/3 Celestial Focus, and 856 haste without Celestial Focus
(http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t88239-rest ... iscussion/)

So I will swap out my SP/Crit gems with SP/Haste until I get to the cap.

(my spec includes revitalize which is proven to give between 10-20% energy/mana/runic power/rage regen. This is an amazing help to a raid vs celestial balance don't you think?).

My gear is 5.9k GS. That is enough to raid isn't it? My healing is high in all raids.

Why don't you let me come to a raid and prove myself?
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Would apprecaite your comments as maybe I'm misunderstanding something important. There are some improvements that I can make which I'm happy to do.
Saddim

Post by Saddim »

Hello Fübar.

I can't tell you why you were declined, but you are somewhat miss informed about stats order and what you need.

Indeed 655 was the haste soft cap (1.0 sec Global Cooldown), but the pretense of was indecate the past and the homepage that you linked is from 2009. I myself follow Resto4life but you might what to look at something written more recently.

I'll give you the run down:

Haste rating:
32.79 haste rating gives 1% spell haste. This reduces the cast time and GCD of all of our spells, to a minimum of 1 second GCD. An important value is the amount of haste needed to reach this cap, because beyond that value, haste has no effect on any of our instant-cast spells or on Nourish. With all raid buffs and 5/5 Gift of the Earthmother, the cap is 735 haste with 3/3 Celestial Focus, and 856 haste without Celestial Focus. See TreeCalcs for the haste cap with other combinations of buffs. (http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t88239-rest ... iscussion/)

Spellpower:
Improves all of our heals. For more detail on spellpower coefficients, you can see [below post] or look into TreeCalcs. For the purpose of improving throughput (healing done per unit time), spellpower will always be a top stat.

Critical strike rating:
45.9 crit rating gives 1% to crit. Crit heals do 1.5 times the healing of non-crit heals (1.545 with a Revitalizing meta). Nourish, Healing Touch, Swiftmend, the Regrowth direct heal, the Lifebloom bloom, and Rejuvenation ticks with the 4T9 set bonus can crit. Crit rating provides significantly less throughput increase per point than haste rating.

Crit in my personal opinion is not really optional, we have it thrown at us and you will see this with all the tier sets. The crit mechanic isn’t really going to effect your HoT's much, but it is nice to have some crit to work well with Living Seed. This will proc more as you crit and is great to try and proc on tanks since you will generally take a fair bit of effective healing from it. The bad thing about crit is they are not reliable, you cannot control when the crit will proc. So by stacking it and praying for a crit, you will most likely be accumulating much wasted overheal. I view living seed as a bonus, if it procs is great, but trying to focus on keeping it up 100% is a waste.

So therefore as Resto Druid make sure you are capped and then go all out on Spellpower.

Kindest regards, good luck with finding a suitable guild.
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

Hi thanks mate.

I suppose now I've had time to think about my feelings are simply though gear and stats are important so is skill.

You can have all the gear and stats in the world and still do low HPS. What I feel has been missed here is that I actually am good at my class, I have talent.

I would like to suggest you test me out. You might find out I'm right and I am quite good.
Fübar

Post by Fübar »

I've regemmed all my spellpower/crit to spellpower/haste.

My haste is now 722.

As I said I would choose revitalize over celestial as the revialize is a raid wide regen. It regens mana/energy/runic power/rage, on the meters has given between 10 - 20% to everyone in raid. Thats huge.