[Accepted] Onida - Restoration Shaman

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Taelos

[Accepted] Onida - Restoration Shaman

Post by Taelos »

I'd like to mention that i have recently applied on my prot paladin Taelos, but after speaking to some of the officers on the unlikeliness of that application being accepted i've decided to try out for a spot with this character. Some of the information will be ripped out of my other appli as its equally relevant here =]

Class - Shaman

Spec - Restoration

Gear - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Onida

Experience - I have no experience of vanilla raiding beyond what i have done at level 70/80,On my druid which was my main during TBC, i was feral and with my guild progressed through to the Tier 5 content before the wotlk patch, after which we had some BT/sunwell attempts. Not long into wotlk i had a 6 month break from WoW, so i had some experience in Naxx but missed out on Ulduar and TotC but since returning to WoW in the late november of last year i have ran both instances multiple times. In ICC i have 12/12 ICC10, 9/12 ICC10 heroic, 9/12 ICC25 and 1/12 ICC25 heroic experience on my paladin, and only have first 6 boss experience on this character. I'd like to note though that i have both healed and tanked the content i mentioned on my pally and also have healed 2 wings of ICC10/25 on my resto druid.

Guild info - This character is currently in the guild Navratil as more of a social member than anything. As i have been raiding on my main character (Taelos) i havent had the time to be as active as i like with this character.

Why you want to apply to us - Recently with the disintegration of the raid team at Walk on Water, the guild in which my main character (Taelos) is in, and my growing urge to see some of the more challenging content the game offers, i have been keeping 1 eye trained at the recruitment thread on the DB forums. My friend Krathil left Walk on water yesterday and asked me for advice on raiding guilds he could join, i mentioned that i had seen you were recruiting balance druids and i recommended Ubiquity as you have an outstanding reputation and i havent had a bad experience with any of your members that i have met in PuGs. After seeing Kraths application being accepted and seeing that you are looking for a protection paladin i applied with that charcter but was told there is possibly not a spot for me and that it would be better perhaps if i applied on this character.

What do you think you can bring to us - I'm a punctual, prepared and cooperative raider. I turn up, on time, to a raid with any kind of buff item i can, that includes runescrolls of fortitude and fish feasts just in case =P. I often log on roughly an hour before a raid is due to start, check my stacks of flasks and such and then sit and watch a few boss kill videos of bosses i know i'll be progressing through that night, and check up on wowwiki to read and fully understand the abilities of said boss. I try and keep up to date with all aspects of my character so i can perform at my best. I'm quite a patient and calm person and if its a heavy wipe night i try and maintain a positive mood and try and make jokes to lighten the atmosphere. Despite the fact that up til now this character is an alt, i would completely switch focus onto him if he was accepted.

Some info about class/spec, dps rotation, healing style - I understand that for a restoration shaman, the main way to increase throughput is to stack haste rating as the primary stat, beyond that the stats i work on are spellpower >> crit >> MP5. I have healed end game content on both a resto druid a holy pala and this character and so far i have by far enjoyed healing with this character the most. As opposed to the HoT blanketing style of the druid and the 2 spell healing style of the paladin, i enjoy the fact that the shaman has to adapt his spells to the situation as much as possible and be aware of how the raid is grouped also. I dont really have a set rotation, but i do have prioritys, i keep earth shield up on the main tank with every GCD i can spare. Beyond that i keep Tidal waves procced and ready using riptide if there is only tank damage incoming or chain heal if there is raid damage to be attended to. Beyond that i patch up the raid group with lesser healing wave or the tanks with 30% faster healing wave. I heal agressively with riptide and usually its never off CD and i glyph for it to prolong the HoT. Finally i refresh water shield with whatever opportunity i can. A note about some of my gear choices as well, i run with the emblem of heroism trinket the egg of mortal essence despite having opportunities to get higher ilevel trinkets, this is because i believe that particular trinket is a fantastic improvement for throughput over other ''better'' trinkets. Another point i'd like to mention is that with this character i have gone straight away for the 4 piece restoration T10 bonus as i feel they are incredibly strong but i will be filling out the belt, relic and cloak slots of my gear with frost emblem upgrades asap.

Only apply if you can raid at days / hours we're raiding - Currently i have lots of free time on my hands and i will be available to attend as many raids as you can throw at me =]

About me - My name IRL is Jon Bowen, i'm 25 years old and i live in Telford in the midlands in the UK. I am working part time in a bar at the moment (Which affords me far too much time to play this damn game) until my girlfriend finishes uni. I'm an avid music fan and have an eclectic taste, at the moment my playlists include; Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Nas, Michael Bloomfield, far too much Ray Charles, The Animals and Bob Marley, amongst many others =P My hobbies include playing the guitar, skateboarding, reading books and film.
Krathil

Re: Onida - Restoration Shaman

Post by Krathil »

Good luck mate, your gear is looking ok, hope you get the chance to come on trial, i know you really rocked as a tankadin.
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

I'm sorry for the delay, but we're trying to figure out stuff.
We'll get back to you in a short while.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

The "short while" is taking longer than expected.
You could try to reach me ingame though. (just ask random people in ubi if I'm on an alt)
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

We have decided to accept you as trial, but we should talk ingame before you join the guild.
Sorry for the long wait.
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Re: [Accepted] Onida - Restoration Shaman

Post by Vintoran »

We got cut off, but I told you what I wanted to say. Ask any officer for invite if I didn't scare you away.