Aether - Mage

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Aether

Aether - Mage

Post by Aether »

Class - Mage

Spec - Currently 40/0/21

Gear - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Aether

Current Guild - Malicious Intent

Why Ubiquity - The once solid 25-man team of Malicious Intent has now become a shambles. For the last few months raid attendance of many members has fallen, the players that made raiding a great experience have become inactive or have left the guild. Many raids have been canceled for this reason or instead non guild members taken to progress raids, ending in little progress, with raid members not learning encounters after countless wipes.

I am applying to join because I would like to join a solid 25-man team with the aim of improving my playing skill, character and at the same time making new friends on Defias Brotherhood.

What can I bring to Ubiquity - I would be available to raid on each of Ubiquity's scheduled days and would do so happily. I offer friendly presence in raid and in guild, focus and attention during the course of a raid from beginning to end. All that i can do to help friends and guild members alike I aim to do.

About yourself - My name is Rob, age 23 from East Yorkshire in the UK. Aside from playing too much WoW I am a Bar Manager at a local nightclub, playing Metal, Rock, Industrial, and Electronica, usually you'd find me on the Industrial bar working with 5-6 peons. I have a passion for Science fiction, especially the works of William Gibson and Arthur C. Clarke. I remain politically active, attending demonstrations and meetings to make a stand for what I believe is right, the first step to making changes for the greater good.
Gedo

Re: Aether - Mage

Post by Gedo »

Nice application, I like it.
Are you ready to spec deep fire-icy veins for better DPS or you prefer arcane rotations more? If so, why? What rotation do you use?
What is your raiding experience? Are you gonna be ghost failure on Teron Gorefiend?
What addons do you use? And why?
Are you ready to drop Tailoring in favor of Leatherworking as soon as you change one of your Spellstrike pieces?
Thanks.
-Gedo
p.s. I like Gibson too :D
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

isaac asimov > all !
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

stanislav lem.
<.<
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Vintoran wrote:stanislav lem.
<.<
Was that the guy who tossed a beerbottle at my car?

Larry Niven fo'sho!
quinian

Post by quinian »

Chaim Potok!
Aether

Post by Aether »

Whilst using the 40/0/21 spec I use a cycle of 3x Arcane blast and 3x Frostbolt. I find this spec very enjoyable to play, it has so much utility with icy veins and Coldsnap as a kicker for a second veins or a second Iceblock. I found this spec very useful in MH where MI have had thier attention focused on clearing.

I have also played for a smaller ammount of time with a 2/48/11 fire build and would be happy to use this spec whilst raiding with you, keeping the fireballs hot and the scorches improved.

I Started playing WoW shortly before the release of TBC, Raid experience - Kara 13/13, ZA 6/6 (3rd timer), Grull 2/2 (also tanking Krosh), SSC 5/6, TK 3/4, MH 4/5, BT 4/9 (Including T.Gorefiend). Although only having attended 1 kill of Gorefiend I feel confident that I can keep those constructs well away from the raid.

The add-ons that I use have built up over time and are as follows. Deadly Boss Mods, a must for many of the raid encounters. Omen Threat Meter, another must to manage threat levels and help choose a good time to use invisibility. Decursive, a great add-on that makes removing curses from raid extremely fast, essential for many encounters, Archimonde beingthe most memorable. AG-Unitframes, allows a nice tidy HUD, raid frames which allow viewing of raid status at a glance whilst showing additional important information such as player targets, my focused target, and target of target. Aside from these I enjoy using Auctioneer and Enchantrix to help me make some Gold when I'm not Partying.

Training in LW would be no problem, may need a little time to learn to play drums though, never been very good at playing music :)

Thanks for your replies and hope to speak again soon.

(http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html) - a short story by Isaac Asimov
Gedo

Post by Gedo »

Thanks for answers, /w me or Testament in-game.
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.