Mage Vorista Zaga'torn reporting for duty!

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Vorista

Mage Vorista Zaga'torn reporting for duty!

Post by Vorista »

----

“Hello again mother.” the tall character says as he approaches the small cliff pointing out towards the ocean that surrounds Durotar and The Barrens. It had been a hard journey getting here, the small mountain path that he had carved out several years ago had almost disappeared because of vegetation and the course of time. When he arrived at first, he almost thought that it had disappeared completely. It was only through extensive searching that he had been able to locate it again. But that is good, it means that no one will come here and disturb this place. A most sacred place for this character, ever since he came here the first time. It brought him much joy to stand here again, but it also gave him much pain. He knew that he would sit in Silvermoon City after this, in a corner at the tavern, drinking away his sorrows with his favorite drink, Pinot Noir. It was never easy to speak with his mother. But it had been so long ago since he was last here...he could not put it away any longer. He had to do this, after all that had happened with him recently.

“I brought you some flowers...roses. Your favorite.”
He pulls out a small bouquet of red roses behind his back and smells at them. Their scent travels through his nostrils and puts his mind at ease slightly, but he cannot shake off that old, familiar feeling of being in a place where he does not truly belong. But he must focus now. He cannot turn his back to his mother as he stands here, speaking to her.
“I hope you like them. I bought them in a store in Orgrimmar...that special store which you always visited, you know. You and father...”

He sighs quietly. It was going to be one of those meetings.
“I’m sorry for not coming earlier, mother...I don’t have a good excuse for it. I can only hope that you forgive me.”
He puts the roses down next to him carefully as if he was giving away his first born son. He looks up at the cliff all the time, not letting his eyes off it for a second even. Slowly, he puts down his dagger and his crystal to show that he means no harm.
“I just want to talk to you, that’s all...”

She haven’t said a word yet. His beautiful mother, Veria. She’s exactly as he remembers her, with her chestnut hair put in a tail at her neck just like he got his. The blue eyes which has passed over to him too. The facial features, he inherited more from his father but he still thinks that he looks more like his mother than his father.
“So...how are you doing?” he asks her, with a solemn expression. He doesn’t know what she will say to him. Maybe she will still love him as much as she always has been doing? Or maybe she is angered? He doesn’t know, and that uncertainty is making him uncomfortable.

“I am fine these days...but I was close to dying just a month ago. I had nightmares which prevented me to sleep. I would have died if it weren’t for the Second Gur-...”
He quickly grows quiet before finishing that sentence. The old scars on his back suddenly begin to burn and the echoes from the whip linger in his head. He closes his eyes to try and shake them away, to try and forget. His mother doesn’t want to be reminded of anything that happened back then, so if he mentions the Second Gurubashi Empire, she would most likely be angry at him despite the fact that they saved his life a month ago.
“For a guild that helped me deal with it before it was too late...” he says instead, thus ending the sentence.

He already gets that familiar feeling that he shouldn’t be here, standing on a cliff overlooking the great, vast sea. Why can’t he just leave? It’s not so hard, put one foot in front of another.
Something is holding him there. His conscience maybe? Or is it something else? He doesn’t know, and quite frankly, he doesn’t want to know either.
“Mom, I...”
He sits down on the rocky ground, still looking at the cliff.
“I just want you to know, that even though I may not show it...I love you. I’m your son, your own flesh and blood. Even after all that has occurred between us, you are still the mother I love as much as I did when I was young. Father even...although I still don’t know where he is.”

Were he going to say this to her? About father?
“I heard a rumor...”
Yes he would.
“That father was seen in Everlook, having a chat with a few goblins. They say he looked old and fragile, but that he had helped so many people up there in Everlook and beyond...I immediately went up there. But they said that he had left to help others who needed it.”

It was going to be a sad report to her, he knew that.
“I kept on searching the entire northern Kalimdor but I always seemed to be one step behind him. All I heard was about his deeds and what he did to try and help everyone that he encountered. He’s exactly like...like...”
He shakes his head to try and concentrate and to prevent the tears from coming out of his eyes.
“Like he has always been...a mage that uses his powers for good rather than evil. Mother, you should have been there with me to hear all the things they told me about him. You would have been so proud...so proud...”

He can’t keep it in any longer. A single tear goes down his cheek to end up at his chin before it is claimed by gravity and falls down on the dry ground. For a second, he was about to run away and begin the return to Outland, where he knew that his comrades were awaiting him. But so much had changed there as well, he doesn’t know if he even wants to go back there any longer. Is it really worth it? Can’t he just retire from his adventuring days and go back to Sen’jin Village, just a few paces away from here? To strive and become the fisherman that his father had been from the very beginning?

Does he have the strength?

“I’m sorry for making you sad mother...and for crying in front of you...”
But then, a gentle breeze of wind touch his cheek as if someone was putting their hand right there, to try and comfort the character. He senses this, and wipes off his tears to replace them with a small smile.
“I will always love you and father, mom. Never forget that. I may not be here so often, but remember that whether I am in Outland or here on Azeroth, aiding my comrades and helping those in need just like father seems to be doing...you and him will always be in my mind, cheering me on until the day I draw my final breath.”

He feels satisfied then, and gets to his feet.
“I have to go now, mother...I will see you soon again I hope.”
And with a smile that would out everyone around him at ease, Vorista turns his back to the tombstone and walks off the cliff while a white dove lands on the roses and rests her weary wings, burying its beak in the roses as if smelling its scents.

“Thank you son.” the wind suddenly says.

----

Greetings and salutation to you all in Ubiquity!
Stefan Axelsson
-Playhours per week:
I would say that I play WoW about 15-20 hours per week or so. It may differ from time to time, but this is roughly it.
-Interests:
I enjoy doing many things, but the main ones are: Roleplay, video games, fantasy movies, books and listening to good old power metal *Winks*
-Why do you want to join Ubiquity?
I am currently a lone troll mage that has had difficulties finding a good and respectful raiding guild. I have sought amongst many, but I have also always considered you as well since I recognize your name and what you stand for. You are a guild that respect the rules of the server, as well as being a from what I can see a friendly community with a lot of players. I wish to be a part of this honorable community, or at least, try to become part of it, hehe.
-How do you believe you can contribute to the guild?
I will do my best to contribute to you 100%. I will offer my skills in Alchemy and Herbalism, which I try to tune into perfection each day by attempting to discover various flask recipes. I will also give you my skills as a frost mage (as stated later on, the spec can always be changed should you wish so), where I fight until I drop to show everyone that I am a dedicated player that will do his best in everything!
I may not have that much of knowledge and my raid experience may be a bit lacking as well, but I promise you that you will not be disappointed if you consider taking me in. You will get a mage that can help whoever needs it, an instance booster if you want so as well as simply being a good friend. I can always borrow a shoulder if you would want me to n_n
-What guilds were you previously in, and why did you leave them?
During my entire WoW time, I have not been in that many guilds to be honest. The first was The Bloodwatch Legion, an RP/PvP guild. This disbanded at some point though, so I decided to try my fortune with the guild called Burning Dawn. After being with these friendly fellas for about a year, I somehow felt that I no longer fitted in the community since the guild leader and I did not see eye-to-eye when it came to respect newbies and newcomers, no matter how much training they might need. So, I left them not too long ago to try my fortune elsewhere. I finally managed to get a spot in Violent Noise, but this guild sadly disbanded on my second day of trial...
And here I am, without a guild once more. Thus, my eyes turn to you in Ubiquity.
-What days a week can you most often raid, and between what hours?
In my previous guilds, I have raided around 7:30PM to 11 or 12PM, so as I check upon how you guys and girls raid, I believe that I can turn up to all of your raids except for some Sundays (see below for explanation). I do not have anything to do once I get home from work, so raiding hours is something I am very flexible with.
-How many raid-nights per week can you commit to?
I will do my very best to commit myself to each raid night that you bring up, all to try and help the guild in every way possible. Mondays and Wednesdays should not be a problem at all. However, Sundays might be a bit of a bummer in my case considering that I have a job that forces me to work during weekends. Since your Sunday raids start at 3PM server time, and I leave for the day from my work at 5PM, that can be a bit difficult.
Note, this is not the case for all Sundays. I can both be free some Sundays, and work the other Sundays.
-What consumables do you bring?
Depending on what raid and what boss we would be facing, I would be using different kind of consumables. But if we are to face a boss that requires heavy resistance gear for example, I would use:

Brilliant Wizard Oil
The type of Major Resistance Potion needed (Shadow, Arcane, Nature etcetera)
Flash of Chromatic Wonder
Blackened Basilisk
Super Healing Potion
Super Mana Potion
Healthstone (if a warlock would be so kind as to give me one)

If it is a boss that does not require many resistance buffs, I would use:

Brilliant Wizard Oil
Elixir of Mastery
Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
Blackened Basilisk
Super Healing Potion
Super Mana Potion

If we would venture into a raid that we consider a farm, I would usually consider bringing these unless I am required to bring anything more:

Elixir of Mastery
Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
Blackened Basilisk
Super Healing Potion
Super Mana Potion
-What is the most imporant part of raiding for you?
I believe that the best parts in raiding are several key components actually. One being everyone having fun. Another being the boss encounters and conquering these bosses that one have not conquered before. A third reason is also the type of communication you can have with your fellow guild members. To be able to use either TeamSpeak or Ventrilo and have a chat about tactics or a simple thing such as how the day has been is something quite astonishing to me.
These are the three main reasons as to why I raid. That, and seeing new raids, hehe.
-Character name:
Vorista Zaga’torn
-Level:
-Class:
Mage
-Spec:
0/0/61 This spec can always be altered or changed completely if you would require so.
-Armory link:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... &n=Vorista

*Hails*
I hope that this application has been to your satisfaction and that all of you enjoyed to read it. If you wish to contact me in WoW, I will usually be online during the afternoons considering that I work during the days. Do not be afraid to ask me anything, I will do my best to answer all of your questions.

I realise that if I am applying to a guild that are the ones who did the Horde first kill on Illidan in the entire server, then surely I must bring something more impressive than the badly geared character that I am showing in my armory page? Well, I am going to be brutally honest with you all and say, no. I am not currently attuned to Hyjal or BT, the best gear I have is the one that I am wearing on my armory page and my raid experience is probably not something to brag with either.

But if you all, in Ubiquity, would give me a chance and put me on a trial for your guild, I hereby swear and promise on my name that I would give everything in my power to show you that I can learn fast, I can fight for everything that you stand for, and I can prove to both you and the rest of the server, that Vorista Zaga'torn is a troll mage that can earn his name amongst the legends of the server if he gives it his all to show it.

You will not be disappointed, should you accept me as what I am. An undergeared, inexperienced, unattuned mage that wants to prove himself to Ubiquity, and to others.

Thank you for your time, and farewell!

Vorista Zaga’torn
Magus
Vrenel

Re: Mage Vorista Zaga'torn reporting for duty!

Post by Vrenel »

The best application I have seen in my 3 years of playing WoW, very nicely written :)
Vorista

Post by Vorista »

Whoa, kind words there Vrenel. Thank you very much ^^
*Bows*

Vorista Zaga'torn
Magus
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

rethulion our mage co will talk to you soon. i think your chances are not too good even with the great application unfortunately, due to us being fairly full. he will let you know either here or ingame. stay tuned. :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Traffkor
Class-Officer

Post by Traffkor »

This apply burned me!

Make this apply to a sticky! Everyone who applies should take this as an example!

Good luck with your apply :mrgreen:
Hautala
Officer for public affairs

Post by Hautala »

Hi there Vorista Zaga'torn, since your apply was so nice (i finally got time to read it), i would like to give you some tips. In end-game raiding guilds gear is really needed. You should concider getting the Spell Strike Set (easy to farm takes about 1 day or 15 mins in ah...). Also i would suggest on buying the Nimble thought shoulders and bracers. With patch 2.4 comming it is actually possible for an undergeared, new-to-pve char to meet the minimum requirements for Sun Well even. I suggest you farm about 300-400 badges of justice. Easy comparing to maximize your dps via gear is given in maxdps.com. More accurate comparison for mages is here.

Also the best pve-spec (for raids, frost is best for farming) is 2/48/11, but i myself use 0/47/14 to have some nice improved blizzard for aoe and solo-farming. Also check mages @ elististjerksfor ideas about mages role in pve and pvp.

The problem with Ubiquity at the moment is that we have 3 active mages and we just finished an attunement run, so this application is a few weeks too late. But i'll let Rethulion, the leader of the Forsaken Maguses of Ubiquity, give his final word (which is law to us mages).

-Hautala, Herald of Ubiquity
Vorista

Post by Vorista »

*Salutes*
Thank you all for your great and wonderful replies! Truth be told, I did my very best on writing this application to try and impress you all, and from the looks of it, I seem to have succeeded, hehe *Winks*

Hautala
Your advices will not go unnoticed, trust me on this, my friend Hautala. If it will force me to change professions and turn into a tailor to meet your requirements to fit into your guild, then so be it. I am willing to do everything in my power, to turn myself into something that will be considered worthy in you, and all of your guild mates, eyes. Do I need to change up my spec a little? No problem! Consider it done, I'll just need some time to change it and get comfortable with it as well, which will probably only take a day or so.
I need to change my gear? That is not a problem either, friend. If you say that I should consider changing it, then I will change it. It may take me a few days to gather up enough gold and reagents to be able to get the entire set, but if you say that I should consider doing so, then I am only glad to obey. The same goes for the Nimble Thought shoulders and bracers.

*Kneels*
I realise that I may sound like a desperate, guildless mage at this moment, and that I may be making a lot of promises that makes you wonder if I will be able to uphold them all.
But truth be told to you all, I want to make a difference. I too, wish to be amongst those noble names who fight each day to prove themselves in the world of Outland and Azeroth even. If it is going to take me months before I am considered worthy to all of you, then so be it. But I will not rest until I have followed every advice, bought every gear and changed to every spec, if it means having a small chance to fit in amongst you.

Once again, thank you all for your time, for your wonderful replies and for your great advices.

Vorista Zaga'torn
Magus

EDIT: I have now changed my spec to what you suggested, Hautala. I must say, it feels quite odd to once again be a fire mage, but the feeling is so strangely familiar too...
I think I'll enjoy this, hehe.
Rethulion
Raidleader

Post by Rethulion »

Hey there. I need to say that this application is really nice.The best application I have seen for long time. Sadly we are full of mages atm. I wish to talk with you in game when ill be online. Atm sadly application rejected. I wish you best luck finding another guild and maybe apply in some months again.
Woman makes you stupid,
When she show a little tail,
I don't know why we need 'em,
Oh yeah: a coffin needs a nail!
Vorista

Post by Vorista »

Ah, well...if you're full on mages at the moment, then I can't do much about that now can I? *Grins*
Thank you for giving me the chance however, your replies will give me a lot of help min the long run I suspect. I might as well continue my hunt for the gear pieces that you suggested that I should get, my friend Hautala.
Rethulion, I'll be online most of the day I think, farming gold to be able to buy these different pieces of gear suggested, hehe. If you do wish to speak to me, just send me a whisper. Don't worry about the timing, I always have time to sit down and chat with someone.

Thank you all, and take care!

Vorista Zaga'torn
Magus

P.S. If you would get a free spot one day in your guild and you wonder who would be able to fill it, then please. Do not hesitate to send me a whisper about this either. I may have been rejected now, but you never know what may come up after all, right? ^^
Take care everyone!
Traffkor
Class-Officer

Post by Traffkor »

<3
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

maybe stay in touch with hautala from time to time. rogues that pester me for months usually get into the guild at some point. :wink: :mrgreen:
Vorista

Post by Vorista »

Hehe, well if you ever wish to speak to me at any time, as I said, Don't hesitate to give me a whisper in WoW or perhaps sending an email to my hotmail, which is:
StefanAxelsson2@hotmail.com

I will do my best to follow the advices all of you have given me, and I am currently trying to gather reagents and money for the spellstrike set. I admit, it feels odd being specced fire again after so many months, but somehow, I feel so strangely comfortable with it as well, as if I wasn't supposed to be frost after all *Grins*

Again, thank you all for your wonderful comments! Don't be a stranger, as they say ^^

Vorista Zaga'torn
Magus

P.S. You're saying that I should pester Hautala to try and force him into inviting me, Môurn? Haha, I wonder if my chances to get an invite would increase or decrease should I decide to do so :)
But really, it's your guild and so, it's your choice whether to take another mage in or not. Whatever your decision is, I'm fine with it. So don't worry about me, my friends. Just don't be a stranger, as I said. I'll be in WoW in the meantime!

Looking forward to speaking to you by the way, Rethulion!
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

what i meant is whisper hautala every other month to remind him you're still interested. as the applicant it's up to you to follow up and ensure you remain in our heads. with the amount of applications we get both ingame as well as the forum, we tend to not remember every applicant (unfortunately).

take care and have fun getting yourself truly endgame ready. :wink:
Vorista

Post by Vorista »

Oh trust me, sir. I am doing my very best to farm the materials now for the entire Spellstrike set. I have already collected 360 Netherweave Cloth, 40 Arcane Dust, 10 Primal Earth and 10 Primal Air. So I am slowly but surely getting there *Grins*
Your kind words will not have been written in vain. It will probably take me a couple of days, but eventually I will have gathered the last materials needed! All that is left is 30 Primal Fire, 30 Primal Mana and 10 Primal Water.

*Bows*
I shall do ask you ask of me, sir, and remind Hautala once a month or so on my progress. I did have a chat with Rethulion as well actually, and I will keep in touch with him as well. This, sir, I promise you ^^

You all have a great day now! :)

Vorista Zaga'torn
Magus