[Accepted]Narzhul - Retribution / Holy Paladin

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

narzhul

[Accepted]Narzhul - Retribution / Holy Paladin

Post by narzhul »

Personal Info
Name: Jeroen Vereecke
Hobby's: Surfing, Football, wow offcourse.
Music: Music I like the most is both drum 'n bass and dubstep. Some alternative rock thrown in between isn't to bad either ^^

Character Info

Class: Paladin

Spec: Mainspec: Retribution Offspec: Holy (not finished yet)

Gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Narzhul
As to give a quick hunch on my gear to rule out some upcoming questions. I am a bit under the expertise cap. I have a maximum of about 20 expertise with seal of corruption on. This is getting solved in the near future when I get my full tier set completed. The completion of the set has been delayed quite allot due to guild issues and not having priority on the ep/gp standings. This is also a huge cutback on my dps. When the expertise problem is solved I could go for another weapon aswell. Preferably glorenzelg as this also has a big deal of expertise but it is quite a dps increase. Shadowmourne would be awesome but getting shadowmourne now without having any shards is a bit insane. Therefore any other dps increasing weapon would do as the one I am carrying now is solely for the expertise purpose. I currently gemmed the expertise but in the near future I would like to be able to get rid of these gems and gem it in strength increasing my dps.

Guild: I am a former member of isis and was forced to look for another guild as the guild was disbanding. Right now I am a member of The Soulflayer Syndicate but as I didn't knew I joined a huge group with closely about 15 paladins in it allready. This being to much forces me to go on. As the guild lacks a bit of structure and the perseverence on the raiding part isn't an asset when you have a raiding guild.

Why I apply
As you guys were one of my options where I would apply after having to leave Isis I've gotten a bit scared on the part of my gear. As I know it is unbalanced not many would let me in for a trial. Right now one of Isis' former members convinced me into applying. So here I am. I am looking for a steady raid group that actually doesn't mind wiping for 5 weeks in a row to down that final hard boss. I am also looking for a way to higher my skill in to a level considered to be the best there is. You guys to me are the exact example Blizzard should use when referring to Hardcore Raiders. You guys manage to raid but not solely raid besides that having a great atmosphere as everybody of ubiquity I have raided with are actually nice people willing to help out. Therefore I am standing at your doorstep asking for a trial period where in I can show myself worthy of raiding together with you guys.

What I can offer
I bring my experience from raiding in ICC. Having cleared allmost everything on heroic gives me advantage over some people.
I bring a steady DPS with room for improvement. My class brings some emergency spells and abilities to save that one guy from dying or giving that one person a chance to higher his/her dps without interferring the tanks work. A good attitude and overall activeness should be a bonus aswell. For the raiding part I bring flasks and a good mood to cheer people up when things turn bad. A good sense of criticism and the ability to turn positive comments into a good way of playing.
Beyond that a transmutation master and a jewelcrafting businessman allow me to help out guildies in every way I can.

Raiding experience:
Started in WOTLK when ICC was active allready
ICC 10: 11 / 12
ICC 10 heroic: 11 / 12
ICC 25: 12 / 12
ICC 25 Heroic: 4/12 ( Due to lack of attendancy as the guild still had room for improvement bout could not manage setting up any more 25 man raids.)
RS 25: Hallion Downed
RS 10: Hallion Downed

Alts:
Lvl 80 Shaman
Spec: Ele / Resto

Lvl 65 Death Knight (new project I'm working on)
Spec: Frost dps

Class info
A retribution paladin is a melee class in which the attacks are based on both a standard melee hit as a holy hit or holy spell.
A paladin get's its damage from seals that have to be active to allow a paladin to cast his judgement either replenishing his mana or giving him health. ( A pvp seal can also be used to stun enemies and slow them down). A paladin is a class that can keep himself up or cast usefull abilities, the hands of ... , to help out party members in certain aspects while raiding. We can use some emergency heal abilities if they are needed but as this is optional to the way of playing not many use it but it can be quite usefull.
Rotation
A retribution paladin uses the first come, first serve rule while smashing that two hander of his into the enemy.
The priority is like this.
Hammer of Wrath > Judgement > Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Whenever a spell with highest or higher priority is active the paladin should use it to maximize his dps.
Short explanation: I use the judgement at the start as it gives a quite high crit damage to the enemy. It also gives a nice active spell. It either allows the melee's to replenish their mana from the seal being active or it allows them to regain health while hitting the target affected with the overtime ability. Divine Storm has the second prio for me as the tier 10 double set bonus gives it a chance on hit to reset the timer. This is sometimes tricky as it can be resetted by any melee hit. Therefore I have placed crusader strike after divine storm as crusader strike is an extra hit thrown into the pool to reset the divine storm. Consecration is the dot paladins have placed beneath it's enemy. It can give quite nice crits now and then and therefore the paladin should try and keep it active unless it starts getting a mana draining spell. Fitting this nicely into your spot on rotation should make it just another spell delivering a nice load of dps. Exorcism should only be used when the art of war ability is up, making the spell an instant cast. If this is not the case refrain from using it as the paladin will lose a couple of seconds into dropping dps on that enemy. I refrain from using holy wrath except for the lich king fight where it is another stun against the valkyrs or I use it at the undead trash to stun them all giving dps a nice time to nuke them all down.

World of Logs
I do not have a recent WoL report as it has been along time ago I did raids with a guild. So here is an old one where I had lesser gear then I am wearing now.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/osyel631b12l47w9/

This is the most recent one I come up with doing several bosses. It shows a low dps but this is when I was wearing lot lesser gear. Right now my dps on lets say rotface is close to 12k depending on my movement. Having an optimal set up would increase it a bit but not to much but I have to balance my gear out first.

If there are any questions Contact me in game. I'm online at either Narzhul, Haman or Lokitek.
Cheers, and hope I can talk to you guys soon.
Lumpus
Class-Officer

Re: Narzhul - Retribution / Holy Paladin

Post by Lumpus »

seems like a nice person was in icc25 pug with him today and had a chat with him there.
Since i dont realy know mutch about retri palas i cant say annything there.
Gl with application Akahad wil prolly soon answer you.
brodinski

Post by brodinski »

Narhzul is an irl friend of mine. He's a player you can count on!

Gief more belgians in the guild plix.
Merivu

Post by Merivu »

One of the greatest players I've ever met in game. Active and social, open for ideas and learns quickly, trust-worthy.. All in all he's such a nice guy to raid with. Hope you'll get a spot Narzhul!
Aiselyn

Post by Aiselyn »

One of the greatest players I've ever met in game. Active and social, open for ideas and learns quickly, trust-worthy.. All in all he's such a nice guy to raid with. Hope you'll get a spot Narzhul!

I second this!
/Vouch (if i can vouch) xD

Love Aisey xx
narzhul

Post by narzhul »

Aiselyn wrote:

I second this!
/Vouch (if i can vouch) xD

Love Aisey xx

You stun me guys with the things you say ^^
Anyways thanks for the vouches and nice comments

Love u all, and indeed same thing counts for you guys one of the best peoples I've met in game so far. And brodinski don't hit my ankles next time MMKAAAY ;p

Grtz Jeroen / Narzhul
Attaxor

Post by Attaxor »

Bah, He has my vouch

I WANT THIS PALADIN
narzhul

Post by narzhul »

I have managed to solve my expertise problem for now by changing back to my old boots. It has given me a small dps increase as i was able to regem both expertise gems into pure str gems.

In the long term this could also be a solution when changing weapons but for now the boots seem fit untill I get the expertise bonus off of the sanctified leggings. Changing to these leggings would also give me the ability to change my current weapon into a weapon actually usefull to my class giving me a significant dps increase. When I would get the leggins I should be able to drop oxheart and it's expertise and replace it with a weapon without expertise or a better weapon with expertise.

I managed to gather 2 more marks so now I'm just gathering the frost emblems for my final piece. Headpiece has been upgraded allready and the last one I should have this week or so. If not surely by next wednessday. Tought I'd keep you guys up to date.

Cheers Narzhul
narzhul

Post by narzhul »

Is there any new info regarding my application I'm eagered to answer some questions or to click that accept button ;p

Cheers
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

we´ll let you know in a few days max. sorry for the delay.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
narzhul

Post by narzhul »

No problem at all ^^ I know how stressfull / anoying applications can be ;p
narzhul

Post by narzhul »

Little gear update:
I managed to acquire Brynn Troll HC version so now I'm farming my last frost emblems to get into my tier 10 legs so that I can switch my oxheart into brynn. Doing this would result in me being expertise capped. Having a decent dps weapon and delivering more dps
akahad

Post by akahad »

I m going to accept both you as well as that other retri paladin and see which one of you will perform better. Wisper any oficer for invite.