[Declined] Raigy - Retripala application

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Raigy

[Declined] Raigy - Retripala application

Post by Raigy »

Hello to you all. First I have to mention that I am applying here because of your newest recruits, Leonid and Zehluj. As some of you might already know we were going to put up our own guild which didn't happen due some negative feedback. I also checked that you are seeking paladins but not Retri if I completely understood it? A bit confusing because I recently heard that you actually are seeking a Retri pala. Anyways, I'm gonna take my chances and see where it takes me, here I go! :)

- Name: Raigy
- Class: Paladin
- Spec: Retribution
- Gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Raigy
- Guild you're in now / guild you were in before: Luminous Path, Immortal Legion and some small RP focused guild which name I can't remember :). IL and the other guild broke down.
- Why you want to apply to us: As explained above because of my two buddies. Our main goal was to start raiding so it doesn't really matter where we do it. I'm looking for good spirited raiding buddies and hopefully lots of new ingame friends
- What do you think you can bring to us: A teamplayer equipped with a sence of humor.
- Some info about class/spec, dps rotation, healing style: Well retri ain't that tricky to play. DPS rotation is simple and follows a pattern based slightly on gear you're having. Opening strikes are vital and after that you start with FCFS principle. With priorities in mind ofc :)

Sadly im unable to post you any specific DPS from 25-man raids since my current guild is not doing them atm. Only raids they are doing is 10man ICC heroics and sadly I rarely get a spot in there. I have however posted you a link to my gear so you'll get some idea what I am able to pull.

Some aditional info about me:
My real name is Johannes, I live in Tampere Finland and I am 24-years old. I have studied ICT in Turku Uni for two years but left my studies there. Hopefully I get in to study economy here in Tampere. I will get information about that in a week or two. I also sing classical. Next august I will start my fifth year in classical singing.
Zehluj

Re: Raigy - Retripala application

Post by Zehluj »

Though I can't vouch for his performance I can vouch on him being a nice guy
and the fact that he wants to learn how to raid properly.

Would love if we could try him on a trial period atleast.

And seeing as your gear isn't really up for like, heroic LK, you might only be on farm runs
in the beginning, if you would get a trial, though that shouldn't mean you can slack :)
Raigy

Post by Raigy »

Trial would be awesome. And yeah, my gear has a few spots crying for upgrades but farm or real raid, I'll take em on :)
And no slacking here :)
Zabii

Post by Zabii »

Hey Johannes,

Gear needs upgraded in some places as you said but I would aim at changing your spec. Take 3/3 in healing light and 2/5 in divine intellect in the holy tree as you may need to Flash of light yourself in certain situations. Also the Agility ashen verdict ring is slightly better for retribution at this current point in time.

Looks good otherwise, Good luck with your application :D

/zabii
Raigy

Post by Raigy »

Hi there Zabii and thanks for the hints. I looked at that ring in rawr and it told me the same thing as you did. I chose the ring I have now without that knowledge so I'll get it changed. :) I'll look at my spec aswell.

Raigy
Zabii

Post by Zabii »

Cool stuff, could go for mirror of truth too instead of Lotheb's Shadow. Possibly the crafted bracers if you wanted but may get a lucky drop in toc 25 or indeed icc :D

Should see a dps increase with that. What have you set your priorities as for retribution?

/zabii
Raigy

Post by Raigy »

Hmm, according to Rawr mirror of truth's days are already numbered when compared to Loatheb's but I can give it a try.

My rotation atm is somewhat like Judgement - DS - HoW - CS - Consecrate - Exo - HW. T10 set bonus for 2 gave some changing for rotation since DS can proc more often which is kinda cool :)
If and when I get 2 more pieces of T10 I have to check my rotation again.

Ps. Im waiting to get lucky with bracers, they'll drop, I have the feeling for it :)

Raigy
Zabii

Post by Zabii »

Sounds good, ive set mine as

Judgement of Wisdom > Crusader Strike > Divine storm > Hammer of Wrath > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Its only a small dps increase from the one your using, by that I mean like litteraly 100 dps or something, Well it was for me anyways.

Looks like you know what your doing though, definately deserves a shot at trial.

Good Luck Johannes

/zabii
Raigy

Post by Raigy »

Thank you Zabii for all the advice and trust I've had so far. I hope to prove my skills in raids and make a good impression to you all in the wonderous world of warcraft.

Ps. Maybe Leonid would like to say a few words on my behalf aswell when that soon-to-be-a-real-soldier has the time to visit forums *cough cough* :D
--
Raigy
Zehluj

Post by Zehluj »

Hey, the guy is busy training to save Finland from being dominated by other countries! Give him some space will ya?! JEEZ!
Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hey, indeed I have been busy getting ready to go all-out booz...I mean ready to enter the reserve forces.

Regardless, allow me to express my two cents about Raigy. I've known him long enough(since early tbc in fact, even if paths in-game have taken us to different guilds since) to know that his cooperation skills, good team-spirit and will to learn make up for any inexperience he may have with the current endgame and raiding. The game-mechanical things are easy enough to fix, "if" Raigy is reliable and learns fast :roll: .

In my opinion Raigy should get a trialspot to show that he can step up and commit to raiding full-scale, pending the merciless judgement of the people in charge of recruitment around here 8)

_Leo
akahad

Post by akahad »

For now we ll have to decline your aplication, as we re going to test another retribution paladin. I wish you best of luck, and maybe you can reaply once you gear up and gain some more experience.

With regards, Akahad.