[Declined] Thalendrios (blood elf warlock 80 x-realm)

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Thalendrios

[Declined] Thalendrios (blood elf warlock 80 x-realm)

Post by Thalendrios »

Character Name: Thalendrios
Current Server: Argent Dawn-EU
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Warlock
Talent specialization: Demonology
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... halendrios

Talent spec comments:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZbGchkA0ihsgdAoE00V

The standard demonology spec, with points in Improved Healthstone rather than Master Summoner. I currently use MS because another warlock provides Imp HS, and the talent is useful if for some reason your demon dies and also reduces down time between wipes but largely is unnecessary if another warlock does not provide the healthstones.

The spec's highlight is Demonic Pact, providing close on 500 sp in raids with my gear (around 400 outside a raid with MS procced through Hellfire.) I take 2/3 points in Improved Demonic Tactics simply because of limit of points. Metamorphosis is taken for a reliable on-demand damage boosting CD. Molten Core is taken to increase the spec's dps output by the hasted, high DPET incinerates and high crit Soulfires when it procs. Decimation is taken for the very powerful buff it provides when bosses fall under 35%, bringing Soul Fire's cast time down significantly, removing the shard cost and giving demo a very powerful execute phase nuke.

Destruction talents are taken to improve the damage output of Shadow Bolt (plus provide its debuff) and Incinerate/Soul Fire.

My off-spec is destro-ISL. I go for survivability and control talents, for fights like Saurfang. I can do high enough dps with destro and my crit allows me to drop 3/3 Backlash, with immolate glyph as opposed to LT due to insufficiently high spirit to justify the latter glyph, and the high DPET of Immolate justifying its choice now. I am flexible wrt my second spec and would love to try affliction too. I like all warlock specs. I know the theory behind affliction, and I love destruction (even its spells suit me to a tee.)

Gear/glyphs/enchants/gems comments:
My gear, as far as I can help it, focuses on +spi and +haste, with some +spi/+crit and +crit/+haste items. The reason is DP should benefit from as much spellpower as possible. Via Fel Armour, and Life Tap, spellpower increases via spirit, and in turn increases mana returns via Life Tap for the very mana intensive demo spec. I prioritise haste over crit because it offers higher dps returns for demo and its very slow nukes. Gems are in order to maximise dps returns and spellpower by unlocking socket bonuses, providing higher overall bonuses to damage than jamming in pure +23 sp rubies would (and also to allow me to use some of the gear for destro/affli.)

As for glyphs, I go for GOQD for more frequent MC procs, the FG glyph because the beast constitutes a sizeable proportion of my dps and LT to boost the spellpower I have at any given time (my spirit in raids is high enough to justify it and this glyph should always be had by a demolock providing DP.)

Previous raiding experience:
I started playing during WOTLK, a year ago, so I am unsure whether its worth mentioning pre-WOTLK raids as they've been nerfed, but over my mage, lock and ret I've cleared AQ20/40, BWL, Onyxia's Lair (level 60), SWP, BT, MgL and Karazhan.

On my mage (Amaalthazar on DB) I raided WOTLK Naxxramas all the way to KT, and Ulduar up to Y-S, though not many HMs included. I never had much of an opportunity to do Ulduar on any of my characters. My mage has 5/5 TOC25 and 4/5 TOGC25.

On this lock I've done ICC 10 up to the LK, ICC 25 HMs (aside from PP, Sindragosa and LK), and TOC as with my mage. The similarity of roles mean I could migrate experience from the mage to the warlock.

List of alts:
Amaalthazar (draenei mage, 80, Defias Brotherhood), my first character, originally a blood elf mage, he has undergone many changes over the years. I now retain him for PVP.

Thaerazan my beloved belfadin, I'm trying to gear him up for raiding/PVP too but he's primarily an RP character.

Class role:
Unlike many people I do not consider dps an excuse to slack nor to be an "easy" role - they all have a part to play - and I understand our role in HMs is to get the boss down before enrage timers hit, as well as survive and reduce pressure on the healers. To that end my specs maximise survival where dps losses are minimal. You will not hear me whining about how 'easy' the game is because I find warlocks engaging in the execution of their part.

Previous guilds, and reasons for parting with them:
On Argent Dawn, The Shadowstalkers, trialed with them, progressed well, learnt a lot about raiding from them. I later decided to return to Horde, where I've been with Lunatics Convention for around a month. I'd continue as I like the guild a lot and cleared many HMs with them, but I need a change of setting from AD, irrespective of faction. I left both guilds on good terms.

Reasons for applying, what I have to offer:
I want a mature guild focused on progression and fun. I like joking around but I am tenacious when it comes to raiding and will not give up till a boss is downed. I seriously hope for a LK hc kill soon before the buff further devalues it and would like to join a guild that will do well with 3.3.5 content. I am social and I am willing to learn from mistakes. The only thing I do not take to is being yelled at. I do not react aggressively but I'm grown up enough to know when I've made an error and would rather constructive criticism than drama. Your guild is one of the best on this server and I think I could learn much from it and offer it a dedicated player willing to improve.

Recent log parse:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/25797/

My guild logs. Should provide an in-depth analysis for the past month or so.

My availability:
Whenever, literally. I usually notify when I cannot be. I am doing a dissertation over the Summer, so I've no exams, just library-based studying that should not interfere with raiding.

Computer & connection stability:
It's capable of running WOW on medium to high settings. It's admittedly outdated and it is a laptop but it's been reliable and it more than suffices for WoW. My connection is very stable.

This template is from another guild app I've made (in fact a collation), supplemented as necessary. I trust you provide these templates to extract information you seek and not for rigid adherence, so I am sure you will not mind this.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Re: Thalendrios (blood elf warlock 80 x-realm)

Post by Môurn »

we only ask people to put some effort in their application and try their best to impress us. using templates or any other help to better achieve your objective is fine with me. :)

thanks for your application. we´ll review it and get back to you asap.

take care. :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Thalendrios

Post by Thalendrios »

Seems my armory link didn't get pasted properly, so here it is:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... halendrios
gurg

Post by gurg »

How many guilds have you applied to?:O

The Hungering Cold

Phase Two

Revelation
Thalendrios

Post by Thalendrios »

Well yeah, I applied in parallel because from experience these applications take time to process. That's not an issue, I hope? :3
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

no it´s fine.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Thalendrios

Post by Thalendrios »

Thalendrios

Post by Thalendrios »

Here's my logs for VOA 25/ICC10N with affliction:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/76603/

I'll post a revised UI later.
akahad

Post by akahad »

I m sorry to say that, but I dont think that your DPS is good enough for icc 25 hardmodes, couple that with us already trialing 2 warlocks, and we will not be able to give you a spot in our raiding roster. I wish you best of luck in finding another guild.
Thalendrios

Post by Thalendrios »

No problem then. Thanks anyway.