Taelos - Protection Paladin

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Taelos

Taelos - Protection Paladin

Post by Taelos »

Class - Paladin

Spec - Main spec is protection and i have a reasonably geared (ICC10 heroic) holy off spec

Gear - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Taelos

Experience - I have no experience of vanilla raiding byond what i have done at level 70/80,On my druid which was my main during TBC, i was feral and with my guild progressed through to the Tier 5 content before the wotlk patch, after which we had some BT/sunwell attempts. Not long into wotlk i had a 6 month break from WoW, so i had some experience in Naxx but missed out on Ulduar and TotC but since returning to WoW in the late november of last year i have ran both instances multiple times. In ICC i have 12/12 ICC10, 9/12 ICC10 heroic, 9/12 ICC25 and 1/12 ICC25 heroic experience.

Guild info - Currently i am in Walk on Water which has been struggling recently to push forward in ICC25 due to poor turn outs. To be frank i only joined them because there seems to be few spots in most raid guilds for prot paladins. Before that i had a brief stint in Isis as a social which was very frustrating as i simply wanted to raid. Before that i was in the guild Sin Belore, part of the reason i rolled a character on this server was an interest in RP, but after a month or 2 with them i discovered that guild based RP is definately not for me.

Why you want to apply to us - Recently with the disintegration of the raid team at Walk on Water and my growing urge to see some of the more challenging content the game offers, i have been keeping 1 eye trained at the recruitment thread on the DB forums. My friend Krathil left Walk on water yesterday and asked me for advice on raiding guilds he could join, i mentioned that i had seen you were recruiting balance druids and i recommended Ubiquity as you have an outstanding reputation and i havent had a bad experience with any of your members that i have met in PuGs. After seeing Kraths application being accepted and seeing that you are looking for a protection (Possibly holy paladin) i thought i would try my luck as well.

What do you think you can bring to us - I'm a punctual, prepared and cooperative raider. I turn up, on time, to a raid with any kind of buff item i can, that includes runescrolls of fortitude and fish feasts just in case =P. I often log on roughly an hour before a raid is due to start, check my stacks of flasks and such and then sit and watch a few boss kill videos of bosses i know i'll be progressing through that night, and check up on wowwiki to read and fully understand the abilities of said boss. I try and keep up to date with all aspects of my character so i can perform at my best. I bring both sets of my gear to a raid and am happy to respec if it is a help to the group. I'm quite a patient and calm person and if its a heavy wipe night i try and maintain a positive mood and try and make jokes to lighten the atmosphere.

Some info about class/spec, dps rotation, healing style - Right well, for my main spec the stats i favour are stamina/armor/expertise/hit. I'm currently hit capped and expertise soft capped and intend to stay that way as much as possible without sacrificing survivability. My main survival stat i stack is stamina but beyond that i tend to favour stacking armor over dodge or parry because i find that softening every physical blow i take is more attractive from a healers point of view, that isnt to say that i am starved of avoidance, as i naturally get it off my gear anyway, just that where i can, i take the armor. My rotation is the standard 96969, i have my higher threat abilities at the start of my rotation (Including the vital Hammer of the Righteous) and then tail off to the abilities that create less TPS towards the end. While performing my standard rotation and maintaining aggro on whatever im tanking i try and keep as conscious of the raids situation as i can in order to use any of my classes hand utility spells, in fact that is 1 element of paladin tanking i've found so rewarding after making the switch from druid tanking . Concerning my glyphs, i have a stack of various glyphs in my bags and often rotate them depending on the requirements of what im doing, usually ill run glyph of hammer of the righteous on trash and will alternate to glyph of hand of salvation for bosses for the extra CD. For challenging content i have been known to respec my holy OS into another prot spec with extra points spent in the holy tree for the Lay on Hands talent and the Aura Mastery talent for the extra CDs. About my holy off spec, i am knowledgable of the flash of light (Spell power) and Holy light (Intellect) builds for holy and i try to keep my gear gemmed and enchanted accordingly for the build i prefer, which is the holy light build.

Only apply if you can raid at days / hours we're raiding - Currently i have lots of free time on my hands and i will be available to attend as many raids as you can throw at me =]

About me: My name IRL is Jon Bowen, i'm 25 years old and i live in Telford in the midlands in the UK. I am working part time in a bar at the moment (Which affords me far too much time to play this damn game) until my girlfriend finishes uni. I'm an avid music fan and have an eclectic taste, at the moment my playlists include; Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Nas, Michael Bloomfield, far too much Ray Charles, The Animals and Bob Marley, amongst many others =P My hobbies include playing the guitar, skateboarding, reading books and film.
Taelos

Re: Taelos - Protection Paladin

Post by Taelos »

I'd just like to note i often PvP with this character and hence you may find that my gear on armory shows up as that of a holyPvPadin. If thats the case and you're interested in my application simply poke me in game and i'll gladly come for a gearcheck and a chat =]