Scourge Strike, anyone? Dedicated DK with experience

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Shisui

Scourge Strike, anyone? Dedicated DK with experience

Post by Shisui »

Character Information
Character Name: Shisui
Class: Death Knight
Mainspec: 0/17/54 Unholy DPS
Offspec (if present): 53/8/10 Blood Tank
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Shisui

Personal information
Name: Felix
Locatione: Stockholm, Sweden.
Occupation: Student, however, the summervacation has arrived, and we all know what that means...

Here we go again... Where to start?
My name is Felix, I am an IRL friend of Rickard's (In-game Gurgh, lvl 80 Warlock on Defias Brotherhood) since many years, and we've been enjoying the game together since the release that wonderful day in 2005.
Ever since I began playing WoW, my greatest passion has been raiding. Ive been an active endgame raider since vanilla WoW, however, I did have a break from the game throughout all of TBC due to personal reasons.
I marched through the instances as a troll rogue from the first day of the game until I stopped playing with the release of TBC, but when Wotlk was finally released I found my true call - downing the most menacing bosses as a DPS Death Knight.

I am confident in saying that I know all there is to know about the class since I havn't played any other class since It became avaiable, Ive experienced it all; The days of the pre-nerfed Scourge strike, hybrid DPS days, the frost and the blood days, and this has resulted in my complete understanding in everything the class has to offer.

So, what do I have to offer Ubiquity?
When it comes to dedication, maturity and quality, you won't find a finer player anywhere on this realm (well, I suppose Gurgh comes close...) Why is this? Beacuse raiding is my passion. There's nothing that even comes close to the thrill of spending the night with those dedicated 10/25 guys in your ears, progressing through the events together, as a team. This is also the reason I chose to apply to Ubiquity. The feeling I get is that this is indeed a serious guild that prioirtates maturity and dedication - This is precisely what I am searching for in a guild. I want to play with players who share my love for the raid and everything that comes with it. An omnipresent guild where people focus on being the best That's my interpretation of what you ment when choosing Ubiquity as the name. I've done my homework. As you'll see later on in this application, I have not yet had the privelage of doing ICC as a hardmode. This is something that drives me mad.
As of this moment, I want to kill the Lich King so bad I can taste it. Never before have so much time gone by since the release of an endgame instance and Ive not yet killed the final boss. The reasons for this being that me and Gurgh together with some other people have been trying to start our own guild on Xavius aswell as Defias Brotherhood only to face the fact that we couldn't find people on the same level as us.

So, in addition to this literary writing, I thought i'd add some pure facts.

What is your overall raiding experience?

Zul'Gurub Cleared
Molten Core Cleared
Onyxia Downed
Blackwing Lair Cleared
Ahn'Qiraj 20/40 Cleared
Naxxramas Cleared
World bosses Downed

/

Naxxramas 10/25 Cleared
Vault of Archavon 10/25 Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 Cleared
Eye of Eternity 10/25 Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 All bosses except Algalon defeated
Toc 10/25 Cleared
ToGC 10 Cleared
ICC 10 11/12
ICC 25 9/12

Microphone/Ventrilo/Skype/TS?
Yes.

Professions
Alchemy/Herbalism. This was to assist mine and Gurghs project on Xavius, moreover, Im planning on changeing them to something that would benefit my DPS more then just Mixology.

I read that you currently aren't specificly looking for death knights, but that you are indeed looking for exeptional players - this is where I qualify, and since me and Gurgh are close friends we wanted to apply to the same guild.

If there's anything else you want to know, please contact me either here or in game and ill brief you directly, until then.

Your's sincerely

Shisui
Wrekk

Re: Scourge Strike, anyone? Dedicated DK with experience

Post by Wrekk »

Any reason you're using a hit trinket when you're already way way overcapped?
Guzurg

Post by Guzurg »

Do you have any DPS parse, like World Of Log or similar?
Any reason you don't have 2 dps buffing professions at lvl 400+?
Any gear you can upgrade and that you are farming for at the moment (outside raid drops)?
ImageImage
Shisui

Post by Shisui »

The reason Im using Mark of Supremacy is frankly that it's the best Ive ever got my hands on. Upgrades would be Whispering fanged skull, deathbringers will or death's choice, something that unfortunatley havn't come my way. I could always exchange it for Needle encrusted scorpion, but I've noticed that the 1024 AP buff is a greater DPS increase.

If you'd like I could always download WoL and see if i can get it to work, no problems.
As I wrote, the reason was that I rolled Alchemy/herbalism to become sort of the local-supplier for the guild we had on Xavius. However, i haven't felt like changing before getting into a guild where it'd acctually make difference - In pug's noone cares.
At the moment there is no upgrade possible for me to farm - they will all come from raid drops (I just bought my final piece for frost emblems, Sigil of the Hanged Man)
akahad

Post by akahad »

you should not totaly ignore passive part of trinket.
i d suggest using some spreadsheat or possibly rawr to make sure you optimalize your dps.

Now to the oficial part: Our Dk roster is quite filled at the moment, so we could not offer you a raiding spot in the guild. However, summer time is about to start, and that meant alot of ppl going for vacations, and possibly you d get a chance to prove you re worthy than- your trial evaluation d happen at end of august latest, and you d either get into core or fail. If you belive that it s not what you re looking for and will decide to move on, i can totaly understand that and will not hold it against you.
Wrekk

Post by Wrekk »

What Aka says about the trinkets is absolutely right, and it's only a good trinket if you actually use the hit rating, which you aren't.
DMC: Greatness springs to mind, relatively cheap and is far from a bad trinket.
What I'm getting at is that if you want to prove that you're dedicated and have the knowledge and skill required, you really shouldn't get caught on stuff like the trinket issue.