[Accepted] Warlock application

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

gurgh

[Accepted] Warlock application

Post by gurgh »

Application made by Rickard

About Myself!

My name is Rickard and I was born in Stockholm.
I’m a very dedicated player and have been playing both computer games and video games since the young age of 7.
I’m currently planning to become a craftsman (mostly build houses and perhaps roads) but we’ll see how that turns out.

I get to enjoy wow very much thanks to my choose of profession (Short schooldays and no home works) which suits me
perfect since most hardcore guilds prefer very active members, even of raiding schedule.
During my application, if not already will you notice that my English isn’t the best, this is because I have something called
dyslexia. Hopefully will this not cause any problems and I hope that you will be able to understand me anyway.

I think the best way to define myself if trough the word nerd. Sure I have a real life but the only time that I spend time with
my friends are at the weekends, and I guess the reason for this is because they as well spend time in front of the computer
and can’t be asked to miss a raid night. Other then spending time with my friends are the gym one of the only places I spend
some time outside wow, but don’t worry, I’m only there 2 times a week 2-3 hours.(I've gotten lazy lately :))

Character Information

Name: Gurgh
Race and Class: Orc Warlock (Orc because of [Blood Fury] and [Command], [Hardiness] are also very nice for PvP.
Armory Link: Armory Link
Professions:
• Enchanting 450/450
• Engineering 450/450
• First Aid 450/450
• Fishing 450/450
• Coocking 450/450

Tell us about your typical "spell rotation": I start of with Life Tap -> Shadow Bolt -> Haunt -> Unstable Affliction -> Corruption -> Curse of Agony. I then refresh my dots/Life tap glyph when it's needed and spam Shadow bolt when I can. I use Drain Soul if the mob are under 25%.
Upload a screenshot of your combat UI:
How long have you been playing wow?: Since the release 5 years back.
Days played on my main: 186 Days 15 Hours 56 Minutes (11/6-2009 00:05)

Alts:
• 80 Human Female Rogue byggarbengt - Xavius
• 80 Gnome Male Death Knight Tuffabengt - Xavius
• 80 Human Female Paladin Dunderbenget - Xavius
• 70 Gnome Male Mage Anizi - Eonar
• 70 Troll Male Priest Tankado - Dagger Spine

Deleted when I got hacked:
• 61 Human Female Paladin Clementinen - Grim Batol
• 57 Human Female Rogue Liu - Burning Legion
• 50 Blood Elf Female Paladin Deckscrubber - Bloodscalp
• 50 Dranie Male Shaman Glick - Eonar
• 45 Human Male Paladin Glic - Shattered Hand
• 43 Blood Elf Male Paladin Glic - Azune
• 40 Dwarf Male Paladin Glik - Eonar
• 40 Dwarf Female Warrior Glíck - Eonar
• 36 Dwarf Male Hunter Glic - Burning Legion
• 36 Dwarf Male Hunter Glic – Arathor

Banned Characters:
• 70 Undead Mage on Executus
• 70 Gnome Rogue on Genjuros
• 45 Gnome Warlock on Burning Blade

The reason this account got banned was because I let my brother use it. Apparently he did a character named
“natzi power”(I know mature) and went around in Silver Moon flaming noobs or something like that, I can’t really remember.
Anyways did a GM contact him and asked him to stop bothering people and change the name of this Character.
My brother, noob as he is, thinks this is a normal player and starts flaming the GM… and there for I get a 3 day ban.
I later call up blizzard support line and explain that it wasn’t me playing on the account (this was before I knew account sharing was illegal)
and as you might understand were my account not long after the conversation permanent banned.

Were all of the above characters leveled by you from the start?: Yes

What are you goals in WoW and how long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)?
My goals in wow are to become one of the best, in every possible way. The good thing are always
better players then me which means that my goal will always be there keeping me motivated to play wow. My goals ATM
are to find a guild that want to achieve the same things pve wise as me.

Two other things that I would like to improve are my achievements and my leveling. I manage to achieve server second
first level 80 (warlock first, yay!:P) but next time am aiming for server first!

Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame? I’m a person that likes to max everything possible
and have been doing this since the release. So I can easy say that achievement gathering is one of the things that I really
enjoy in this game, and since achievements cover almost every possible thing to do in WoW am I in a way enjoying everything,
even though some achievements are a real pain in the as to get.

How long has this character been you're main character?
If I remember right were my warlock created January 15th 2008 and I have had it as my main since then.

Guild Info

Please state any previous guilds and reasons for leaving (Pre Defias Brotherhood):
I have been very unlucky with my Guilds and many of them have disbanded because the officers
couldn’t act like adults and salve the problems between them.
Even thought you might think that these guilds were controlled by young people is that not the case. Most guilds
were actually controlled by mature players and even thought of the problems I’ve had in my earlier guilds can I easy
say that I prefer mature guilds that have an age recommendation limit at 18+. The reason for this is that mature players
are in general more understand, unselfish and also more capable of working together as a team.

The Guilds I’ve been in before are following:
Wrath on Eonar
Fenimo on Dagger Spine
Awakening Spartans on Ghost land
Revolution on Azjol-Nerub
DM on Farm on Aggramar
Pojkar Med Jättearmar on Shattered Hand
The Dedicated Few on Defias brotherhood

As you can see have I been in loots of guilds during my 5 years of World of Warcraft but most of the times have the guilds
broken up or gone “social” and left me no other choice the to leave.

Here are the reasons why I left my earlier guilds.
Wrath – Didn’t fit my raiding schedule when I were 12 years old (Couldn’t raid to 00:00).
Fenimo – Horde Guild on my Alt.
Awakening Spartans – Went over to ”social” guild were no one spook to each other.
Revolution – Disbanded because of bad leadership.
DM on Farm – Disbanded because of to few active raiding players.
Pojkar Med Jättearmar – Currently in this guild but I feel that some things aren’t haven’t the way it should be in an
end game raiding guild. For example was there this guild member that wouldn’t join a progression raid when he was needed.
To quote the person, “I do not want to join a raid when you whip so much”.
The Dedicated Few. Most players seem to have given up on wow are are never online anymore.

What raiding experience do you have from vanilla wow?:
• ZG Cleared
• MC Cleared
• ONYXIA Downed
• BWL Cleared
• AQ 20 Cleared
• AQ 40 Cleared
• NAXX Cleared
• World bosses Downed

What raid experience do you have from TBC?:
• GL Cleared
• Mag Downed
• SSC Cleared
• TK Cleared
• MH Cleared
• BT Cleared
• World Bosses Downed
• SWP I Were in a 10 man Guild here preparing for WOTLK so we had no chance of experience this.

What raid experience from WotLK do you have?:
• NAXX 10/25 Cleared
• VOA10/25 Cleared
• SATH 10/25 Downed 3 Drakes
• MAL 10/25 Downed
• Ulduar 10/25 13/14
• Toca 10/25 Cleared
• ToGC 10 Cleared
• ToGC 25 Not Attempted
• ICC 10 11/12
• ICC 25 7/12

Tell us about your PvP history:
I have been playing PvP since the beginning of WoW, everything from world pvp to arena
are fun according to me. I first started playing PvP seriously back on Genjuros. Back then were I in the second
best premade in the whole BG, the only premade that actually had a chance were a guild for kazzak. But this
required you to be more active then skilled and as you may know did most of the hardcore players
(Grand Marshal/High Warlord) stop when arena arrived. Thanks to this did my premade break up and I guess this
was one of the reasons I migrated to Anachronos.

Arena wise have I only managed to reach 2119, but hey I played hunter/warlock/priest.

Real Life

Real life name: Rickard
Reasons for applying to Ubiquity: I am I now looking for something much more organized. I also want to play with people that are as motivated as myself and show up for different events in game. Cataclysm will soon be upon us and this time would I like to have an motivated guild to play with from the start. I also see by browsing trough your guild at armory that most of you are achievement hunters, and that is also a big plus for me :)
Expectations: I expect the leaders to be fair and not take advantage of their position in the guild. I also expect
organized runs and professional raid leaders.
Do you have Ventrilo installed? Yes
Do you have a microphone?: Yes
Have you played any games before WoW?:
I started playing Starcraft very early, however did it never capture me and I moved on to
the warcraft series. Between the age of 10 and 12 were both WC3 and Diablo 2 my main game, and I actually
managed to level a barbarian to level 97. Since then have I only been playing World of Warcraft series.
I have also tryed Aion - Tower of Eternity, but I never really got sucked into it, the first 20 levels was fine, but after that were i mainly
grinding to level 30, and after 30 just pure grinding.

Activity:
I'm a very active player, most likely because it's the only thing I have the effort to do
after a day at school. Almost every friend I have play wow or some sort of computer games as well which
means that I also spend loot of my time at the computer on the weekends as well, even thought I sometimes
go out for a few beers as well.

It’s difficult to set a time frame on when I usually play because it changes from week to week.
Currently am I online from 00:00-16:00 since I’m not raiding and therefore prefer to be online at the night because
of all the mature players (most of the kids are at bad at this time of the night which suits me). At a raiding day
will I most likely get up at 7:00 and then play to whenever the raid leaders decide to cancel the raid which usually is around 23:00/00:00.
What I’m trying to say with this is that I have no problem bending my raiding schedule as long it doesn’t interact with my school (8:00-16:00).

I usually spend 8-9 hours on a weekday in front of the computer and even more on weekends.
This is how a normal raiding schedule looks like for me.
• Monday -16:30 - 00:00
• Tuesday - 16:30 - 00:00
• Wednesday - 14:30 - 00:00
• Thursday - 15:30 - 00:00
• Friday – 12:00 – XX:XX
• Saturday – XX:XX – XX:XX
• Sunday XX:XX – 00:00

What can Ubiquity expect from you:
First of all I’m I a very active and dedicated player. As I mention before were my attendance
over a three month period 97%. I’m also a very good warlock and I’m also trying to improve myself, both by maxing
my character ingame but also by updating myself by reading treads on well known forums as elitest jerks and
arenajunkies . I’m also an achievement freak, I’m currently only at(Blaming my break!) 8020 but I keep pushing.

I’m also very stubborn.
One example is the how I obtained my Death Charger. I have always wanted the awesome Death Charger and
after patch that changed the drop rate from 0.2%-->1% were I finally motivated enough to start farming this mount.
So I started farming the mount. According to a post at wowhead the chance of actually getting the mount before 300
runs is about 95% (source http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/15/b ... aphic4.jpg).
I farmed that bloody instance 277 runs before I got the mount. I know that it isn’t exactly as hardcore as the oldschool
players that keep going for mounths and farmed that boss over 2000 times (respect) but I would still say that it take
patients to manage to keep farming the instance for so long.

The other example is when I got the achievement [Realm First! Level 80 Warlock].
I can admit to that patient are one of the few things you need to obtain the death charger.
Getting the server first level 80 achievement requires more than just patients.
First of all does it require loots of planning and stocking up. I think I spend over 5000 gold on repair bots and flasks.
It also requires you to stay alert and motivated during a long period of time, in this case a little less than 3 days.
But I can’t say that I did this all by myself, I were lucky enough to have a friend (Apelsinen, back then known as skogsturken)
who kept me awake after 2 nights of gaming and also healing me when I were AoE farming.

But I’m not only a farmbot.
I’m a very friendly guy that actually enjoys whipping at new bosses rather then entering a farm instance and clear everything
in my way and get a few epics.

Hopefully have I supplied you guys with enough information about my character today but if there is anything els you need to
know just /w me Ingame.

Gurgh
Razzie

Re: Warlock application

Post by Razzie »

best app i've probably ever seen
Apocalypsee

Post by Apocalypsee »

Very nice apply indeed :).
<---[ApocaLypseE]--->

Image <--Click it.
One man, One destiny,
One to RULE them all.... Apoc! :)
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

gurgh wrote:
Alts:
• 80 Human Female Rogue byggarbengt - Xavius
• 80 Gnome Male Death Knight Tuffabengt - Xavius
• 80 Human Female Paladin Dunderbenget - Xavius
Hi. My RL name is Bengt.
gurgh

Post by gurgh »

Thanks for the kind words, had to make up for my lack of current raiding experience somehow though.

What can I say about the names, I have always enjoyed naming my characters similar, check the alt patrol of Glics :)
akahad

Post by akahad »

we ll review your aplication and give you answer shortly.
Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

We decided to give you a chance to prove yourself during a trial period, please whisper an officer online to get a guildinvite.

Make sure to know the tactics for ICC hardmodes by heart, best is to watch a few videos and ofc read the tactics (for example on tankspot.com)