Calliphus- Resto Druid

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

calliphus

Calliphus- Resto Druid

Post by calliphus »

Name: Martin
Character name: Calliphus
Class + Spec: Resto Druid
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Calliphus
Level 80 Alts: Marella - Mage

Previous Guilds:
Isis: I left as frieds and family left, and didn’t feel that although the endgame raid was good within the guild the rest of the environment wasn’t really for me
Mutiny: I left Mutiny to join Isis, after raiding wasn’t possible here anymore due to lack of signups. While here I was an officer and was eventually made GM to try and regain the guilds interest in raiding, which unfortunately I failed at.

I want to Join Ubiquity as I feel that by joining I would be able to experience more of the endgame, and be given a chance to prove my self in a more competitive and challenging environment

I feel I can contribute to the guild as whenever I raid I give 100% and very open to criticism and contributions from other players who feel that there may be a way to improve my healing. I also rotate my second spec between another healing spec with is setup to deal with unusual raid setups, or a balance spec. I also change gear round a bit especially regarding haste and Mp5 depending on raid setup, how the raid is performing and the bosses being attempted

Currently my spec is a bit different to the one that I would prefer to run with as recently I have been running with raid setups where I felt I needed the extra haste from Celestial focus.
My healing style is based around keeping the raid topped in situations where this is need, while also supporting other healers in keeping the tanks up through the use of HoTs and Swiftmend. The other part of my haling is that when I learn a fight I make sure I know what the major sources of damage are and when the come allowing me to be ready for it and pre HoT people, or be extra careful with mana to make sure I have more than enough for such a situation.

One of my main aims when gearing and gemming is to keep a balance between Mp5, spellpower and maintaining the Haste Cap. Due to the ease of getting gems and gold these days altering large numbers of gems in my gear to pick up improved gear isn’t really a problem, and I am always making sure that the balance I have between those three stats is good at all times

With regard to raid experience I am currently at 11/12 in both ICC10 and 25 and have done or at least attempted some hardmodes on 10 man. To add to this I have studied the hard mode boss fights due to being close to entering them myself and that my last guild did have access to 10man hard modes.

Currently and for the fairly long term future I would have no problems attending all of your raids on time and doubt I would have problems even if they were altered in anyway
Now to do my least favourite thing and talk about me; I’m a graduate in Ecology and environmental management, and am very interested in wildlife and habitat conservation. I am currently unemployed, but doubt that getting a job would affect my ability to raid with you. Generally the rest of my free time is spent on the computer playing games, or generally research into various areas
Môurn
Guild Leader

Re: Calliphus- Resto Druid

Post by Môurn »

hey martin,

thank you for your interest in joining us. we´ll give you an answer shortly.

best regards.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

do you have any parses of your healing in meaningful encounters?
calliphus

Post by calliphus »

Currently i have no actual data regarding my healing as for the majority of the time i don't actually keep any logs of healing or don't even make them. Generally my healing can be quite high on the majority of fights but can drop fights such as dreamwalker (not going in portals) and some of the earlier fights in ICC normal modes where the damage taken is quite often concentrated on a few players. In my last guild I was generally in the top 2 healers for nearly all bosses, particulary those with widepread and constant raid damage
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

hey martin,

i´ve decided to accept you for trial. pls whisper any officer for an invite.