Aub Restoration Shaman XFACTION

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Aub

Aub Restoration Shaman XFACTION

Post by Aub »

Name: Tom

Character name: Aub

Character race: Female space cow

Character class: Restoration Shaman.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ood&cn=Aub

Ive been playing resto shaman since mid TBC and have experienced all content since then as a resto. My current raiding talent build is a fairly standard choice for all resto's making use of healing focus instead of putting the three points into elemental weapons as the +SP bonus is not worth it, negating spell push back saves lives! Apart from that the rest of the build is all obvious choices making sure that i pick up points in improved shields for better mana regeneration and benift from the improved healing of earth shield.

My current gear level i feel is decent i have achieved the awesome four set bonus but feel that there is room for improvement, however my lack of raiding guild over the past few months has held me back somewhat. My gemming is quite simply all about haste, haste is currently by far the most benefical stat for shamans to gem into as it provides us with three quick and situationally effective heals. Chain heal is the obvious raid heal tool which when coupled with the four set bonus is very effective, ensuring that we use riptide whenever it is off cooldown also gives us an extra haste boost. At higher haste levels healing wave also becomes an excellent large heal for topping up tanks or saving a low hp target while lesser healing way is a great raid healing tool when targets are spread (i.e blood princes). My current glyph choices are earth shield healing stream totem and chain heal, the extra healing from ES glyph is a great bonus for a spell that dosent have to be spammed and the extra bounce on chain heal is always benefical in fights where there is substanial raid damage. My third choice of glyph currently is situational, i use HST glyph in fights such as Blood queen or sindragosa when there is a constant stream of steady raid damage as the extra healing done to my group is really efficent and to a degree passive. However if i was tasked with tank healing i would switch to glyph of lesser healing wave as the extra healing makes it a great tank top up tool.

I feel that my healing style is adapted to the particular encounter that i would be facing, one of the great thing about resto is that we are given heals that fit nicely to serve diffent purposes. For example i feel that we do excel at raid healing through chain heal however we also have healing wave and lesser healing wave which are excellent tank healing spells. I would say that iam capable adapting my healing to suit the encounter and that this is an important trait of a good restoration shaman in my opinion chain heal spam is fail.

Iam currently guildless and playing on the alliance side after being a long term horde player. I was an officer in the guild The Grip Of Saul and did all of my raidng with them even back when they went by the name The Horde Watch. Sadly the guild fell apart and i transfered to alliance and joined a guild named The Dusk Wardens made up of some ex TGOS unfortunatly it didnt work out for me there and i left the guild a few weeks ago. Since then i made an application to Revelations but have been rejected since they recently took on another shaman on trial and cannot justify trialling two shamans. In my quest for searching for a guild i started scouting back through horde guilds and noticed that you are in need of shaman. Being a long time Defias player im well aware of the fantastic reputation that Ubiquity has both in and out of raids and would love to become a part of this community.

I feel that im a mature player and experienced healer, i keep up to date with all changes effecting my class and follow various forums such as elitist jerks and plus heal to make sure that im playing at my most efficent and effective. I feel that i would fit in well with like minded players such as yourselves and would love the opportunity to prove what i can do

There is one problem that i may face however and that is the time i finish work. At present every other week i dont get home from work until just after 19.00 server time which is just after when you start raiding, this obviously may be a problem for you but i would be able to attend until any time needed however late it may be. I would also like to say that this should be changing in the coming weeks.

Couple of bits about me: I work for volkswagen and love drum and bass football and eating out! Im an easy going guy and would say wow is my favorite past time!
Bussy

Re: Aub Restoration Shaman XFACTION

Post by Bussy »

Thanks for your application, we'll have a look and give our decision soonish. =)
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

We have decided to accept you for trial.
Ask any officer for invite.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Aub

Post by Aub »

Thats great. I will do my faction change when i get home tonite.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Welcome Aub =D
Razzie

Post by Razzie »

+1 to the UK massive!
Raf
Site Admin

Post by Raf »

What race will you chose? Troll or orc?
Aub

Post by Aub »

Troll or Orc? What about Tauren!!! ;)
Raf
Site Admin

Post by Raf »

Hehe, that's a possibility too! :D

Just thought that orc and troll had the best racials for shammy?
Aub

Post by Aub »

Yea you are right they do have the best racials, i used to play female orc shaman. But to be fair they arent exactly game changing racials and with the racial changes coming with cataclysm im kind of inclided to play a race that is a bit different. But i still havent made my mind up yet! ;)
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Go female troll, world needs more female trolls!

On the other hand, female orc is only possible combination of shaman we dont have in Ubi