Munafos - Marksman hunter

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Munafos

Munafos - Marksman hunter

Post by Munafos »

Class
Hunter

Spec
Markmanship

Gear (best link to a profile)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Munafos

Guild you're in now / guild you were in before (reasons you left)
Fel marines was my first raiding guild, but sooner or later it died because of all the problems going around and having a bad name on the server "fail marines"
we all changed guild to Renatus Vir, which was no diffrence because it was the same guild master and members. due to a newly dinged 80 member that could come to icc 25 with no gems or enchants.
the guild died and everyone left (the newly dinged 80 was a real life friend of the guild leader).

Currently I am in Violent noise which is no problem with it at all. I love all the people in it.
But I espect more from the progression raids, and I want a harder raiding guild
Also i want to be able to raid icc 25 with the guild, but due to lacking of members we can't.

Why you want to apply to us
Well, explained most of it in last part but why I want to join Ubiquity is because you guys are all smart and well known people that knows what to do, knows your class
great raiding experience which I would love to be a part of it.

What do you think you can bring to us
As a leatherworker, I can provide drums of the wild and forgotten kings to the raid,
I am always well flasked and have my own food buffs, As a fisher and cooker I bring fish feasts to the raid to provide them with a nice food buff.

Some info about class/spec, dps rotation, healing style
A hunter is the only not caster ranged dps, which her pet is also quiet important.
As a hunter people want me to deal a nice amount of damage, and as a MM hunter to give a nice 10% attack power buff when there are no DK's :p
Tho I cant hug up nice and cudlie on a group where you need to do so on lord marrowgar.
So when there is a hunter in the raid, people will have to run to me to free me when im spiked.
On fights as festergut a hunter has to stand allways in the range and has to make sure the ranged group got the spore.
I can also freeze nasty mobs when they are attacking a healer and the tanks aren't paying attention, but hope that there are no Dots on the target ^^
or at lady deathwhisper when she lind controls people, I can trap those.
A hunter is also very nice in kiting and will mostly be assigned for the kiting job in the raids.
Its a hunter's job to kite the zombies at dreamwalker and when a healer gets agro from it to use distracting shot.
Hunters lay down frost traps at deathbringer saurfang to make it all easyer for the ranged to kill and blood beasts
Also when a hunter sees a blood beast is comming way too close to a caster that is killing a blood beast, she/he will use distracting shot on it to get it away from the mage and preventing him from dieng when healers dont notice.

I've been playing around with this spec to make it at the end as good as I think it is, looking to other MM's hunter spec's how they have done it and such.
I dont have a dual spec because I dont think i need/want it as a pure dps class, and im not that much of a PvP'er, just doing some WG's every now and then.
I have choosed markmanship because i'd say its the best spec for PvE hunters, when I lvl'ed i've been beast mastery because i just loved my lovely kittycat <3
but my dps wasn't really nice, so i've changed to survival between 70-80, but that still didn't suite me on lvl 80 with nooby gear I did like 800 dps or so,
so I've changed to MM and my dps was much much higher, the rotantions are easyer and it sooth's me well.

I have chose glyph of serpent sting because chimera shot deals 40% of total dmg taken by serpent sting.
Also I have glyph of Steady shot because with my rotations I should have serpent sting all the time on a single target boss.
This with glyph of chimera shot, to be sure to hold my sting on the target when I'm slacking and because chimera shot can deal some nice amount of damage.
Also I'd rather use a shot like steady shot then serpent sting that is on the same GCD

Why do I find my stings so important ?
Because I'm still stuck with some T9 pieces and the first T9 bonus makes my serpent stings to be critical sometimes which is awesome as a MM hunter.

My main pet is "Leeroy" a wolf which is nice with the Furious Howl.
why my pet has this name.. well if you really want to know just ask :D
But I think some of you Ubi people may know that allready as I raided Icc 25 with some of you :)

My proffesions are Leatherworking and Enchanting that is not maxed out because I just wanted to be able to enchant my rings, and my main enchanter is my priest.

My alts
I have 4 lvl 80's
Lonafos - A well geared blood tank with blood dps off spec
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Lonafos

Ghalanoma - A holy priest atm, sometimes I am disc with off spec shadow
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Ghalanoma

Hanefos - A prot paladin with off spec holy, not so well geared though since it hasn't been lvl 80 for that long
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Hanefos

I have all classes on this realm (no lifer idd) most of them are around lvl 20-40
but having a mage that is 64 atm

YESSS I am a blood elf freak I know <3
blood elves <3
I also love to lvl up these little alts :)

My availability
Well, i will say it short "always"
I have no work, no school, nothing, I just visit my friends/ family every now and then

Info about me
My name is Sandra, and I'm 20 years old, Live in Hellgium (belgium)

Anyways, I hope my application was good enough and not too long :p
Thanks for taking time to read it.
Munafos

Re: Munafos - Markman hunter

Post by Munafos »

lol @ my subject "Markman hunter" Marksmanship hunter I mean ofc :p (fixed! :wink: - Raf)
Sorry for this second post but I forgot to post my rotations, so..

My rotations are:
first of all I put a hunters mark on the target, then I use my serpent sting, after that I use directly my macro which is trinket 1, trinket 2, rapid fire and kill command because its a diffent GCD so I can spam all of those directly, then aimed shot because it has the longest cooldown then I directly use silencing shot, it has a diffent GCD aswell, then chimera shot to deal some amount of dmg and to refresh my sting, then arcane shot and after that spam steady shot untill aimed shot and chimera shot are from CD and I use those again followed by arcane shot. as soon I see my trinket or rapid fire from CD I'll use my macro again.
Oh and every now and then I use readiness, mostly right at the start when I shotted all of my CD's
I love when I have Readiness at the end of an encounter when I can use Kill shot, I can use it twince then ^^
akahad

Post by akahad »

We'll have a look at your aplication and give you answer shortly.
party

Post by party »

Hello Munafos, i have some questions to you.

Do you know about hit cap for hunters?

Why don`t you use Nightmare tear (+10 to all stats) to activate your meta instead of 10agi15sta in your bracers and other yellow gems which you can replace with 20arp?

Your 2nd trinket (Mark of Supremacy) isnt really good for hunters (even you are overhitcaped). Banner of Victory (+110dps more for you) from 5man Colliseum or Needle-Encrusted Scorpion (+170dps) from 5man FOS or even Darkmoon Card: Greatness (+140dps) are much better.
Raf
Site Admin

Post by Raf »

Thanks for your application.

Some questions:

- Why not go for the "standard" 7/57/7 MM spec which yields more dps?
- You're 58 hitrating over cap. Why go for [item]Mark of Supremacy[/item] as trinket which gets you way over cap and not for example [item]50198[/item] which would be a much better trinket for you?
- Why have you gemmed with orange and purple gems when you as MM should have gemmed pure arp and [item]49110[/item] to cover meta?
- Why haven't you changed to 4-set tier10 for the bonus? Or not even gone for the 2-set bonus? The tier9 2-set bonus is nice and all, but with the helmet being ilvl 232 and the shoulders having 0 arp you should clearly go for 4-set t10 instead even if it's just 251 pieces.
- You say you use trinket1 and trinket2 in your macro? Do you have other trinkets than the ones on armory?

A tip:
- You shouldn't use arcane shot in your rotation. Since it's arcane damage it doesn't benefit from arp and is worse than a steady shot(which you should use instead) in high end MM gear. You could then move those arcane talent points to the BM tree.

PS: You could have edited your first post and the topic there! :wink:

I see Parti have "repeated" some of my questions while I wrote this.
Munafos

Post by Munafos »

hello Parti and Raf.

I do know I'm overhitcapped, and I've been farming for both of those trinkets you mentioned, but never got lucky, or some1 else ninja's it.
So i've been training out my inscription on my mage that just got 65 yesterday, and now will be able to go for max inscription and being able to make those nice trinkets.
As soon the new darkmoon fairy comes, since I have tons (but seriously TONS) of northrend herbs I rather make it my self then buying the trinket.

As I said, I've builded my own spec and I didn't knew there is such as a "standard" spec 0.o
I tought it was nice to have the socket bonus from the orange gems I have.
Hm I tought I knew enough about hunters to find out these things my self :S the trinket I knew that should be changed asap.

I'm fixing my gear right now and should have 4-set tier bonus now from tier10.
The macro I use is pretty old and used to have 2 trinkets for use, and its still like that. It doesn't change anything so .

Well sorry for the 2 posts again, couldn't find the "edit" button as it was like 2.00 AM when I made the application :p
Raf
Site Admin

Re: Munafos - Marksman hunter

Post by Raf »

Sorry to say, but we have to decline your application.

We're currently doing ICC25 end bosses in heroic mode and need to have very high standards when it comes to level of gear and class knowledge.

Good luck in finding a suitable raiding guild!

Just a footnote:
Didn't you have [item]49988[/item]? If that was the case you should have replaced your t9 gloves with the t10 ones and not the leggings, even if that takes you even further above hit cap. Those pants are one of the best you can get as MM besides the hc version. And when you replace your trinket you should be right around cap again.