X-faction mage application

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

froa

X-faction mage application

Post by froa »

Character name: Phrozen (I'll change it something a bit less OOC when faction changing)

Race: Gnome (soon to be troll because their racial is great for pve and decent for pvp too)

Class: Mage

Primary spec: 57/3/11 arcane. The standard spec lets me put the last 2 points pretty much wherever I want, I chose 2/3 IA because I think it's still useful in some fights even though it was nerfed.

Secondary spec: 20/0/51 frost pvp spec. I like having a pvp spec but I can change it to fire or a different arcane spec if it's really needed.

- Gear (best link to a profile): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Calamity

- Guild you're in now:
I've been in Calamity for a few months now. I'm interested in joining a more serious raiding guild because atm we have trouble even getting 25 people to sign for a raid. People are kind of slacking in 10 man raids too when it comes to progress and usually at least one raid has to be cancelled every week because of people not signing or showing up.

- Why you want to apply to us
I know Ubiquity has very good pve progress which I'm interested in. Also, I've heard nothing but good things about your guild. :) The raiding times are good for me as well.

- What do you think you can bring to us
High raid attendance (most likely over 90%)
I will never start drama about loot / not getting a raid spot etc
And of course, an awesome player that knows his class and doesn't stand in fires.
Unfortunately my current guild doesn't log raids but here's a screenshot: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1315 ... 12650x.jpg
The UI may not be pretty but it works for me.

- Some info about class/spec, dps rotation, healing style
I know people say arcane pve is faceroll but still I see surprisingly many people failing at it.
My rotation:
If I'm high on mana, 4xAB -> MBAM and if MB hasn't procced, I keep spamming AB until it procs.
If I need to save mana, I cast AM at 4 stacks anyway regardless of proc.
If I need to save mana even more, I start using MB procs sooner.
I always try to use all my cooldowns at once and have them up for Heroism/Bloodlust. I'm already haste capped during hero/IV so obviously haste pot and troll racial should be used after IV (still during heroism)

Gearing:
Hitcap>haste=spellpower>int>crit>spirit>everything else. I also use Rawr, it helps a lot. I try to read Elitist Jerks forums every time mages get changed in a patch.
If there is no spriest or balance druid in the raid, I'll switch the boots for http://www.wowhead.com/item=47194
I picked Tuskarr's Vitality instead of Icewalker for my boots because I'm already hitcapped and crit is pretty bad for arcane. Run speed is always useful.
I chose gloves for my offset piece instead of the crafted leggings because I couldn't afford them at the time. I might get them soon though since I have more money now, I have enough emblems to buy t10 gloves if I do.
Because of bad luck with drops I'm still stuck with pvp boots and a 251 weapon. I'll upgrade them as soon as I can.

Some info about me:
My name is Teemu, I'm 18 years old and I live in Finland. I just finished high school and won't start studying again until next autumn so I have a lot of time for playing WoW. :P

This is the second account I made on these forums because for some reason, I never got the confirmation email in my hotmail address. Gmail worked fine.
akahad

Re: X-faction mage application

Post by akahad »

we'll take a look at your application and give you an answer soonish.
Rethulion
Raidleader

Re: X-faction mage application

Post by Rethulion »

Hello there and thank you for your interest in Ubiq.
i decide to accept you for trial.
Whisper one of officers when you will transfer
Woman makes you stupid,
When she show a little tail,
I don't know why we need 'em,
Oh yeah: a coffin needs a nail!