Nazelus - Affliction Main Spec Warlock

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Nazelus

Nazelus - Affliction Main Spec Warlock

Post by Nazelus »

- Name: Nazelus
- Class: Warlock
- Spec : 56/0/15 (Affliction)
- Offspec: 3/13/55 (Deep Destruction)
-Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Nazelus
-Wow heroes link: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu ... me=nazelus
-Proffesions:
-460 enchanting
-450 tailoring (if anyone will need anything from me I’ll naturally help him/her)

-Major alts:
-Dutas, level 80 restoration wannabe druid
-Bloodspring, level 71 protection warrior (my main during TBC)

-Guilds I have been in before (reasons I left):
<Blood Guard> Left them for raiding inactivity (6 months in there).

<Risen from the Ashes> Guild disbanded (from the beginning).

<Burning Dawn> Members started not to show on raids and in the end, 70% of the raids were canceled (3 months in there).

<Discordia> Guild wasn't raiding anymore and officers started to leave (3 months).

<Piston Broke> Similar reason to leaving Discordia. (4-5 months).

<The Requisition> Lots of reasons. First of all, in the last while, the members wouldn't show any interest in progress. The last three 3 drakes raids were canceled due to the fact that people didn't sign. Also, the officers would invite their IRL slacking mates rather then invite serious and eager for progress players. Also, a lot of afkers during the raid and lack of focus when it comes to it. There were also great people in there and I respect them very much but I thought very much about leaving as I like to be loyal to guilds I apply to but I just couldn't stand it. Been in there for almost 5 months. Now, guild disbanded.

<Crimson Tide> It was indeed a very mature guild, with a nice atmosphere, and very nice people (at least, most of them) but a few days before I left I have been given a stable full-time job and their raiding scheduele wasn’t fitting me anymore and with all the respect for it’s members, I really wanted to continue my raiding activity.

<Ubiquity> Well, as you might know, my pc broke ~6 months after I joined. In the first instance, I was thinking on a long term solution and for that I didn't have time for raiding anymore so that was the reason I left.

<Brotherhood of Doom> Two months after I joined them I was named warlock class leader. Great bunch of people, I have only good words for them. The reason I left them, after 6 months, is that many core raiders have left lately, however, that wasn't the factor that made me make the decision. The raiding schedule was changed aswell a week ago and it just doesn't fit me anymore like it did. BoD is a hardcore 25 man guild and attending only one raid per week isn't quite what I'm aiming for.

- Why do I want to apply to you

I've been in here before and I can only say that this has been my favorite guild I've ever been in (the atmosphere during and outside raiding time is just what I'm looking for), during my 3 years of WoW and I still regret every day the fact that I left it. It's a mistake I'd never do again (even though I was quite forced by IRL problems).

-What do I think I can bring to you
An experienced, dedicated and serious raider. Even though they say locks can only bring dps, I can bring more than that to a raid environment. ^^

WoL link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqxxj02pphmewngt/ (last raid I have attended in BoD)

Raiding Experience:
TBC: Everything except Felmyst -> KJ (raided on my warrior back then though)
WotLK: Everything up to 25 man normal mode Lich King. I know that's not a thrilling experience but I'm a fast learner.

Playing time

Monday-Wednesday: 18:30-00:00

Friday: 21:00-00:00 (if really needed to attend a raid earlier might be able to come on ocasion)

Saturday-Sunday: 21:00-00:00 (might aswell attend earlier if really needed)

References: Most of you I guess. :)

Additional information about me:

Name: Bogdy

Interests: Graffiti, Basketball, Cycling, hanging out with friends and ofc, video games. I do have a microphone,both ventrilo and mumble and a stable nice internet connection.

Here is my RP story:
Nazaal Laas was born in a hut near Silvermoon City. When he was at the age of 6, his mother was killed by mistake by a holy creature and he remained alone and forgotten, forced to earn his living and prepare for revenge. At the age of 15, Nazaal meets a dark wizard that trains him and teaches him the art of dark magic. One day, Nazaal woke up and couldn't find the wizard anymore. Then he realized that the wizard was nothing more than a demon that sensed in Nazaal the rage and hate for everything holy. He decided to search for that demon until he'll find it but on his journey, he met more and more different kind of creatures and discovered and experienced unknown magic powers. When his hope was almost lost, the demon appeared in his dream and told him that he'll reappear only when he'll find the necessary balance and rage to summon him. 2 months later, Nazaal woke up surrounded by a weird dark aura that was empowering him. He went for a walk but the aura was still surrounding him. Then he whispered something that only dark wizards could understand and entered a trance in which he dreamed what is there to be done to summon a creature. He woke up from it 1 week later feeling prepared for it but when he tried to summon the demon, only a little imp exited the summoning portal. Since that day he was trying every day to summon it but other kinds of demons were exiting the portal. 1 year later, he was thinking of getting up and went for something to kill. After some time, he amazingly found the holy creature that killed his mother when he was a little child. He attacked it but death wasn't enough for him so he absorbed it's soul into a shard to capture it and become his minion but when he looked at the shard he saw the wizard's face in it's reflection so he tried to summon it again. After an hour of dark and intense incantations he finally managed to summon the demon. Nazaal wanted just to know what is more to be done to become a true master of dark magic. The demon answered him that a demon to acompany him was the only thing left for him and that now, he is powerful and prepared to confront everything. Since that day, Nazaal Laas became Nazelus and he is looking for eradicating everything holy in this world and for more challenging adventures along people like him.

Shall it be anything you want to know from me please ask.
/Naz

Bussy

Re: Nazelus - Affliction Main Spec Warlock

Post by Bussy »

Hey Nazelus and thanks for application. We'll have a look and give our desicion as soon as possible.
Bussy

Post by Bussy »

Few gear tips:
Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Subjugation is very easily attainable and should bring nice dps boost. Also i could recommend cratable legs: Leggings of Woven Death.

Worries me little bit that you have raided ICC25 in a good guild as warlock class leader and didn't even bother to get those to max dps? Also legs are pretty much BiS.

Cloak:

+ 60 haste
+ 4 int
+ 32 Spell power

- 49 Spirit
- 42 Crit

Legs:

+ 20 int
+ 34 Haste
+ 22 Spell Power
+ 1 Socket

- 6 Crit

Total:
94 haste, 54 SP, 24 Int, 1x socket vs 49 spirit, 48 crit

Looks quite a dps boost.

Before applying to us you should max your gear to show us that you are atleast trying your best and putting effort to gearing up and your character in general. I get a feeling that you are expecting us to gear and carry you?
Rezeka

Post by Rezeka »

Hello Nazelus.
I looked at your affliction spec and noticed that you had the Life Tap glyph, instead of say, Shadow Bolt for mana sufficency.
How would you look at the change from Life Tap to the Shadow Bolt Glyph?
I also noticed that you're aiming for the 11% reach due to 3/3 in suppression, yet, you're overcapped on that cap with the Boot enchant. How would you think that Tuskarr's Vitality would be a change for the various amount of bosses in ICC?
Also, due to the massive amount of threat an affliction warlock can burst out, why did you take Improved Life Tap instead of aiming for Improved Drain Soul that gives you a -20% threat?
Nazelus

Post by Nazelus »

Greetings and thanks for the fast answers.
Few gear tips:
Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Subjugation is very easily attainable and should bring nice dps boost. Also i could recommend cratable legs: Leggings of Woven Death.
Regarding the cloak, yes, it might be easy attainable just that I don't quite like to PvP at all. As for the legs, I just was one saronite short, because I bought the recipe myself. I did craft and do wear them now. :)
Worries me little bit that you have raided ICC25 in a good guild as warlock class leader and didn't even bother to get those to max dps? Also legs are pretty much BiS.
Being a class leader doesn't mean I also have a lot of money. The craftable legs are quite expensive but as you see, I managed to get them this morning. As for the cloak, as I said, I don't PvP and didn't have the luck for them to drop from Toravon yet.
Before applying to us you should max your gear to show us that you are atleast trying your best and putting effort to gearing up and your character in general. I get a feeling that you are expecting us to gear and carry you?
Yes, you are right, my bad that I didn't wait for me to get the last saronite before applying, for a better first impression. As for the gearing up and carrying, I never took that as granted from a guild, neither was that one of the reasons I applied. I'm sorry if it seemed so.
How would you look at the change from Life Tap to the Shadow Bolt Glyph?
The Life Tap glyph gives me (if properly used) 62,8 Spell Power (plus the restored amount of mana) while the Shadow Bolt Glyph shortens the Shadow Bolt casting cost by 65,5 mana. So I think we all agree The Life Tap glyph is well superior to the Shadow Bolt one.
I also noticed that you're aiming for the 11% reach due to 3/3 in suppression, yet, you're overcapped on that cap with the Boot enchant. How would you think that Tuskarr's Vitality would be a change for the various amount of bosses in ICC?
I didn't have movement problems in ICC so far but indeed, I am to choose between 12 crit and Minor Speed increase. I know that crit is one of the most unimportant stats in affliction and I'll switch the enchants straight away.
Also, due to the massive amount of threat an affliction warlock can burst out, why did you take Improved Life Tap instead of aiming for Improved Drain Soul that gives you a -20% threat?
I didn't have threat issues so far with my current talent tree (and even if I do, one Soulshatter at the right time should do the trick for the remainder of the fight) and I find the Improved Life Tap talent a more valuable one by awarding me 20% more mana per use (especially if I have the Life Tap glyph, which I do).

Shall there be anything else you want to point out, please do. I'm more than happy to answer! :)
/Naz

Bussy

Post by Bussy »

Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Subjugation costs only 52k honor. Even if u don't pvp at all (don't do even WG Q:s) u still should have enough honor from Stonekeeper shards from heroics. Doesn't really matter but its a decent option for a cloak =)
Nazelus

Post by Nazelus »

Alright, I've solved the cloak problem aswell. I had a few spare Stone Keeper's Shards after all. Shame on me I didn't think about that solution yet. :?
/Naz

Bussy

Post by Bussy »

We looked at your application, considered your past with us and decided to decline you. Good luck finding another guild that fits you.