New mage Application - Vexxuss

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Vexxuss

New mage Application - Vexxuss

Post by Vexxuss »

Personal Information

Name:
Dan Beckett

D.O.B:
28/11/1991

Character Information

Class:
Mage

Primary Spec:
Arcane (57/3/11)

Secondary Spec:
Fire (18/53/0)

Armory Link
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Vexxuss

Be-imba Link
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Defias ... er=Vexxuss

Wow Heroes Link
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zon ... me=Vexxuss

My bracers have only just been recently obtained and enchanted and the armory has not picked up on the enchant.
I am also aware I am slightly under hit cap for fire spec and am currently working on getting gearfor this spec.

Raiding Experience

Naxx 10 - Cleared
Naxx 25 - Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 10 - Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum 25 - Cleared
Malygos 10 - Cleared
Malygos 25 - N/A
Ulduar 10 - 13/14 Cleared (Every Hardmode cleared except one light and Algalon)
Ulduar 25 - 12/14 Cleared (Vezax and Algalon unattempted)
ToC 10 - Cleared
ToC 10 Heroic - Cleared (A tribute to skill)
ToC 25 - Cleared
ToC 25 Heroic - N/A
Icecrown Citadel 10 - 11/12 (Experienced in lich king up to and including phase two)
Icecrown Citadel 25 - 7/12 (Blood council being 7)

Current and Former Guilds

While raiding on Defias Brotherhood
Beyond the Limitation:
A 10 man raiding guild that disbanded to merge with another guild

Helion
This guild collapsed after a lack of progression caused by inactive members

Sidereals:
Progressed through early Ulduar content with this guild. Left due to inactivity.

Tainted:
I left this guild because the main focus for them was getting old content down (Ulduar hardmodes) rather than progressing through the newer content and was getting nowhere with either.

Destined:
I joined this guild about a month before they split up, when they did split I went to the break off guild

A Silent Resolve:
I was only in here for about 2 weeks before I decided to take a break from the game

After a 2 month break during end ToC content and early ICC I decided to move to Daggerspine server to raid with my previous mates in Beyond the Limitation.

Vortex:
This guild disbanded and reformed as become Beyond the Limitation with mostly members of the Defias BTL with with some new additions from RL friends of the GM and officers.

Beyond The Limitation:
Progressed Through ICC 10 content before merging with Eminence to become Solstice.

Solstice:
I left solstice because there was a lack of progression, co-ordination and discipline in the guild, this then became unannounced AFK's, not turning up after sign ups and a lack of knowledge for the tactics in the harder content.

Currently guildless.

My Rotation and why I have chosen it

Arcane Rotation:
Arcane Blast x4
Arcane missiles if missile barrage procs, otherwise arcane barrage
Arcane Blast x4
Arcane missiles if missile barrage procs, otherwise arcane barrage
rinse and repeat.

I use this rotation because 4 stacks of the arcane blast buff is sufficient to give me a high damage output without tanking to much mana.
On the rare occasion when I am running low on mana witha all forms of regain on cooldown
(e.g. evocation) I change my rotation to use 3 arcane blast rather than 4.

Why do I want to Join Ubiquity?
I am looking for dedicated raiding guild to progress through Icecrown Citadel in 10 and 25 man including hardmodes, I think that Ubiquity will be able to provide this because before I left this server and for as long as I played, Ubiquity have been in the top 4 contenders for realm first achievements.
The pc I played on at the time was unable to run 25 man raids so I didn't feel confident in myself or the pc, however I have recently gotten a new pc to play on so I am feeling more confident to apply because I am able to run 25 man raids smoothly.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forwards to a reply,
Vexxuss.
Bussy

Re: New mage Application - Vexxuss

Post by Bussy »

Hey Vexxuss, thanks for your application. We'll take a look at it and give answer as soon as we come to some conclusion.
Deigon

Post by Deigon »

Hello there,I have a few question for you.
Why are you using Sliver of pure ice trinket when you can get Talisman of Resurgence with heroics emblems and get almost 300 more dps?
Why are you using Wrathful Gladiator's cloak of Ascendancy? There are cloaks that you can get with emblems that are better considering that you have almost 100 hit over the hit cap so 2 stats are useless on that cloak.
Why did you chose to take the t10 legs and not craft/use Leggings of Woven death?
Can you post a World of Logs entry or a screenshot of recount in a raiding environment so we can see how much DPS you are doing in raids?
From what i saw in your armory you are using only 2 Runed Dragon's eyes (+39 SP), JC proffesion let's you use 3 gems so you should fix that.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Vexxuss

Post by Vexxuss »

Regarding hit, I am only over cap for fire with a boomkin/shadow priest present and in my last guild this was only once a week, this is also the reason I have chose the t10 legs over the crafted legs.
My cloak it has been a case of taking whats available to me, with my previous being Kurisu's indecision (ToC5 heroic).
As for my trinket I had honestly forgot about the Talisman of Resurgence but will be getting onto that right away.
For my gems I had a runed dragons eye in my old bracers that I had forgot to replace but that will also be fixed today.

I believe that an old guild member has a world of logs from one of my previous raids so I will contact him to try get the link for that.
Deigon

Post by Deigon »

Vexxuss wrote:Regarding hit, I am only over cap for fire with a boomkin/shadow priest present and in my last guild this was only once a week, this is also the reason I have chose the t10 legs over the crafted legs.
If you get Leggings of Woven death + t10 gloves you lose 17 hit rating and that's not much considering the dps you gain.getting more hit rating and gear for fire spec should not be a priority because arcane is still the best single target dps spec for mages and fire it's only used in fights like LK and Lady Deathwhisper Hard and tbh there are a lot of hit rating items that you can get if you are raiding ICC 10/25. Every raiding mage should have Leggings of Woven Death.
I can understand that you can have hit rating problems when a boomkin/spriest is not in a raid, and tbh that should not happen in a 25 man raid, but i think it's better to get the right gear and maybe gem or enchant for hit rating that way you can lose the extra hit any time you want to.

Anyway...gl with your application and i will still wait for that world of logs report or screenshoot.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Vexxuss

Post by Vexxuss »

After asking Rethulion about pugging an ICC25 to get some logs I found a raid group starting from fresh, however unfortunately I only have logs for Saurfang because I didn't know how the worldoflogs client worked and I didn't have it running properly. But here is a link to my DPS on Deathbringer Saurfang.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z8tk ... 158&e=1403
Vexxuss

Post by Vexxuss »

Another update, I have started to collect primordial saronites to get the crafted leggings, this may take a while as I'm having a few gold issues (Left most of it on Daggerspine bank alt) but this should give me time to hopefully obtain the tier gloves from VoA on reset.
I also obtained some new bracers from ICC25 (The Lady's Brittle Bracers)

I'll be selling lots of fish over the next few days if anybody is interested (Glacial Salmon, Mussleback Sculpin and Nettlefish) will also be able to cook it into anything if needed
Rethulion
Raidleader

Post by Rethulion »

Hello Vexxuss
Thank you for your interest in Ubiquity.
There are some things with your dps rotation that in my opinion are wrong anyway right now we took new mage for trial and we cant really take net person uswell.
So right now i need to decline your application.
Good luck finding another guild.
Woman makes you stupid,
When she show a little tail,
I don't know why we need 'em,
Oh yeah: a coffin needs a nail!
Vexxuss

Post by Vexxuss »

Okay, thanks for the replies anyway, I will contact you in game to clear up a few things.
I'll be keeping my eye on your recruitment status so expect a possible future application

Vexx.