Holy Paladin Application.

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

kalfar

Holy Paladin Application.

Post by kalfar »

I know you have recently accepted a Holy Paladin But I thought I would give it a shot.

Character name: Kalfar
Race/Class: Blood Elf Paladin.
Armory and WoW-Heroes Profiles:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Kalfar
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zon ... ame=kalfar

Glyphs:
Glyph of holy light - Its an Undervalued but the amount of healing it offers is amazing espcially in encounters like Festergut, Sindragosa, Bloodqueen and Valithria as it "Double Dips" With healing Modifiers making it a Huge Healing Bonus.

Glyph of seal of wisdom - Its a no brainer, 5% Less mana on every cast, Win win situation. (Nailed also questioned Why do you use it If paladin gets critical with healing spell you gain mana equal to 30% of the base cost of the spell. If you reduce the manacost by 5%, mana gained is reduced from crits by 5% too.) Illumination is based of the Base cost, Making it optimal.
(I Swap this glyph out for Glyph of Seal of Light On Valithria Dreamwalker to get an extra 5% Healing as mana is never an issuse Unless Im not assigned to a portal.)

Glyph Of beacon of Light - An Extra 30 seconds on Beacon of Light is a god send, It allows beacon to In theory Cost 50% less mana, and Paladins are all about keeping there mana bar right making it a perfect choice.

Professions:
Blacksmithing 445/450, Jewelcrafting 450/450 I've recently rerolled Blacksmithing instead of Mining to gain the 2 extra gem sockets to whore more intellect.

Specs:
Im currently playing the Holy/Protection Spec, 54/17/0. This build offers raid utility Such as Divine sacrifice, Stoicism for Hand of Protection cooldown for fights like Saurfang (Especially in hard mode to limit his Power Initially.) Blessed hands for Hand of Sacrifice for encounters like Festergut.
My Current Offspec is a "Grind" Retribution spec aimed for Grinding Odd Things like Reputation, dailies, and some practice for the future Leveling.
I Also Own a Reasonable Holy PvP Set, And a tier 7 Tanking set.

Gear:
My gear is mainly Icecrown based, with some old pieces form Totc25. Most of my Icecrown pieces are Subpar, and are not optimised for my current stat Priority of Intellect -> Haste/Mp5 -> Crit, But this is mainly down to Drop rates.

Guilds
Brotherhood of doom (Trial) - Recently Joined Brotherhood of doom But After raiding and playing with all the members for the past 2 weeks I've found that Brotherhood of doom Isn't really the guild for me.

A Silent Resolve - The guild was on The fall after a lot of core members left which left the guild spiraling out of control, and it eventually Disbanded.

The Destined - The Destined Core Left the guild after some issues with the management and reformed to the A Silent Resolve.

The Delirium - Delirium Disbanded.

The Requisition - The Requisition sadly Disbanded.

The Soulflayer Syndicate - I left Soulflayers to Join Requisition to get into 25man Raiding again.

Echo of Eternity - Was a Social guild, so I left to raid.

Why do you want to join Ubiquity?
I wish to join Ubiquity because the guild as a whole seems to be very driven and dedicated to playing at a High standard, While not being mindless drones and enjoy a good bit of banter.

Should I be accepted into Ubiquity You can expect someone who can offer your current healers some strong competition. I also have strong Knowledge of encounters and a long string of experience which has lead to good raid awareness which is vital within current hard modes. I also understand how to exploit my class in almost every way possible and I know some Not-that-widely-know tricks Such as Aura mastery/Devotion aura for a Damage Boost for Warriors and Deathknights.

Little Bit 'bout me.
My Name is Chris Thurston, I'm 17 and I am Currently Living in England and have recently moved house. I've been Studying Psychology, Media, English and History and College, Which I plan to do next year as well.

When I'm not playing WoW or studying I try to visit my friends, Or just got out with some random new people that I've recently met. Not a very exciting Life, But.. Meh.
I am rather an open minded person, which reflects my taste in music, I'm open to listening to any song, (Unless its something like Opera....)

Additional notes.
In an attempt you give you an idea of how well I perform Here are Some recent logs from with Brotherhood of doom.
(Log from our Sindragosa kill - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/15unur6gife5aahp/)

I have also Recorded some fights just testing out fraps and Sony vegas. If you have a spare minute or so I would say check out my Sindragosa 25 video to get an idea on how I play.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr2xRRdTC8A)

Best regards!
//Kalfar
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Re: Holy Paladin Application.

Post by Vintoran »

Thank you for your interest in Ubiquity.
We'll need a few days to sort out the recent wave of applications and will give you an answer soon.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

I didn't play with him yet, but from his application I have a lot of confidence he actually understands the class and spec and has a good grasp on the pally healing. I'd recommend him for trial.

-Lore

PS: Just a small hint, I always run with Seal of Light glyph and if I ever run out of mana on any encounter, I got a glyph and libram in backpack, but it just does not happen. Only Sarufang heroic fight is really mana intensive, but I'd still rather arrange an innervate than lose mark because of low throughput. You can save much more mana with Wrathful libram + FoL use during less intensive parts of each fight.
Nailed

Post by Nailed »

Nevermind me! Nice apply. Good luck!
Nailed got nailed!
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

We have decided to decline your application.
Good luck finding another guild.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.