Cassindra - holy paladin (transfer)

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Vcoue

Cassindra - holy paladin (transfer)

Post by Vcoue »

Name:
Cassindra
Class:
Paladin
Level:
Race:
Blood Elf

What's your name, age and country of residence?
And how well do you understand English? [1-10]
My name is Andy, I'm 19 years old and from Austria. ( No, not the country with kangaroos, the one with Mozart )
My english isn't perferct, but I'm able to follow every conversation and bossintroduction. As the case may be I can comment these and bring up my ideas. If you won't mind little mistakes I'm sure we will come along very good : ) ( If I can trust my self-assassment, a 7 would fit to me )

Talent specification for raiding (tank, dps, healer - xx-xx-xx). And why have you specced so?
Holy - 51-0-20
In my opinion this spec qualifies me to bring out the best of my charakter.
For example, improved speed gives me the chance to avoid damage and/or be more flexible in movement situations.

Did you level this character yourself? If not, have you bought it, or do you share an account with someone else? Does anyone else have access to the account, ie a friend or relative?
Yes, I leveled it by myself and I think since I hit level 10 I'm holy-specced ; )
No, no account sharing and no one else has my logindata.

What other characters do you have, which could be useful for the guild? This doesn't only mean raid wise, but also for farming, for instances.
I have a lot of characters/twinks (lvl 80) and every profession maxskilled, but I'm not sure if I will transfere these, because I would have 9 additional characters to switch and this would be a bit expensive ; )

Are you playing at home and is your internet connection stable?
Will you be able to attend full raids with no connection problems?

Yes.
Armory link.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Cassindra

Current and/or previous guilds (any useful references?)?
Why did you leave/are you leaving?
Past Guilds
Whatever
Sanguineus
The Unleashed
EF BI EI
Aggrocuture

21 Mad Dogs
My previous guild named "Gehenna"

I left because our guildlead didn't manage raids and social behaviours.

Why have you decided to apply to Ubiquity and are you applying to other guilds at this point?,
What do you expect from us?

Since I left my guild, I was searching for a competent, social and active guild. This wasn't possible to find on Stormreaver, so I had to look for it on another realm. A friend of mine, who appyed here also, told me that this guild was always a good one and i should try it here :)

What can you offer the guild besides the role of your character?
1. Jewelcrafting, and I always got 4 emblems left, because if someone needs a gem which I'm not able to cut, I can buy the recipe : )
2. Good humor and a friendly being. Always polite and very less flaming ( AND the best - my enrage encounter is very long, so I can withstand evenings of wiping and whining ; )
3. Teamplay
4. Good movement
And 5. Skill ( Bubble+Heartstone ) ^^

What's your raiding experience?
This means both at levels 60, 70 and 80. Please describe in full, so we know which bosses you've done.

I started playing frequently at BC.
70lvl Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, SSC, TK, MH, BT + 1. boss SWP clear.
80lvl Naxx, I had a break when Ulduar came out, Totc10 + HC, Totc 25, ICC 10/25 7/12

Raiding times are 19.00-till ou goals reached.
Can you manage these times? Also is there a possibility that you could stay past raid end on progress nights?

Yes.

Which days are you available?Keep in mind, that we expect people to raid from the start to end of the raid.
Every day.

Would you be willing to respec for us if we asked you to?
Do you have duel spec and do you have acceptable PVE raid gear for that build?
Yes, I have dual spec. But I really prefer playing holy, because I suck playing melee. ; )

Would you be willing to farm mats and donate them to the guild if needed?
Yes, sure.

Do you have a functioning mic? and are you confident talking on ventrillo in raid/social situations?
Yes. I'm very chatty

Can you take criticism? If for example you make a mistake, which was easily avoidable, or caused by not having learned the tactics you might get shouted at. Can you handle this?
1. Yes, I can handle critisism if the person who criticises has elaborated arguments.
2. I know every bosstactic ; )
3. I don't like getting shouted at. To my mind everyone should be able to talk in a normal way to me or everyone else.

Hows your ingame economic situation? Are you able to provide flasks on a daily base. Able to repair on a daily base, provide gems, topped professions etc?
I can provide everything needed.

If there are some other questions, I would like to give u more information about me :)
"störts di wenn i rauch?" - "oida, mi störts nedmoi wennst brennst..."
Razzie

Re: Cassindra - holy paladin (transfer)

Post by Razzie »

Looks good! Could use some gear upgrades like the shield and stuff, there's always one unlucky holy paladin when it comes to shields.. :P

One quick question,

I've always wondered why holy paladins use +10 all stats though. Surely 10int and 5mp5 is that tiny little bit more useful than 10int and some useless spirit, strength, stam etc? I also noticed your libram, if in such your gear coincides with the whole holy light spammer/stacking int (and it's more than likely you will be assigned to tanks, especially with the high damage in ICC25 Hard-modes), surely the holy light reduction libram would be more useful, no? Another question, do you have any mana issues? I noticed that you're using Seal of Light glyph as oppose to Seal of Wisdom, could you shine some light on this choice?

One final question, you may be needed to adapt to certain situations quickly, to counter this, do you use appropriate bindings for things like BoP, sacrifice and freedom?

Thanks a bunch, hope to see you soon in our guild :)!
Vcoue

Post by Vcoue »

Yeah i know my shield is very old, but I never had the luck to see a better one.
To my libriam i can say that i have both.. the only problem in my old guild was that the others flamed me for uing the lightreduction one.. so at least I changed it.
The reason why i have the lght and the managlyph is that on not every boss (random hc/ raids) i need so much mana, so i can witch one my light glyph and heal more^^
BTW for the metagem which the most holy paladis use u need one blue, one red and one yellow gem for the bonus. For example. I have only yellow gems in my items so i need blue and red. and the 10int and 5mp5 gem is green so i also miss red.
Thats the reason why we use the prismatic one^^
Razzie

Post by Razzie »

Fair enough! I always sacrificed that when I played holy paladin, and used an orange gem for perhaps a sweet socket bonus or something.
Vouch from me anyway, looks good.
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Cassi wrote: My name is Andy, I'm 19 years old and from Austria. ( No, not the country with kangaroos, the one with Mozart )

And basements.

Anyway I like your application. We'll just see how long this one will last before wanting to either reroll or go ret. :p
Vcoue

Post by Vcoue »

Don't worry. Like i said I hate to play melee and i hav n kill in it too.
I love my Holadin and I'm sure i will never play soething other^^
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

we´ll have an answer for you shortly. :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

Why not aura mastery? Would there be any advantage to 51-20-0 spec for raiding? What would you say has the most effect on your healing effectiveness? Talents, gear quality, gear selection and geming, spell selection or player skill? And why?

-Lore
Vcoue

Post by Vcoue »

Like I said in my opinon 51/0/20 is more usefull:
retri: In this tree i have benediction (10% less manacosts on every instantspell. Very usefull for holy shock,
or rebuff while trying/killing a boss)
Heard of crusader 3% more damag support of there is no other paladin in raid or group.
Improved blessing of might usefull e.g ifthere is no other retri in the group.
Convidiction, Sanctity of battle: 8% more critt
more critt= more heal = more mana regeneation
Pursuit of Justice: Improved speed gives me the chance to avoid damage and/or be more flexible in
movement situation. I'm faster to heal my focus in my new position too.

I have no aura mastery cause i dont think it's more usefull than the other spells i have skilled. In my opinion it's a too short boost and i think it is a waste talentpoint.

The player with the best gear, the best gems and enchants and the best suport isn't usefull when he has no skill!
If a player skill a talenttree well without any help of internet or friends is it also skill, because it shows the knowledge of one in his own class. A lot of peolpe copy something from other players but dont know why or what they have from this talentponts and these are only lazy...

A player with skill and no gear is also not the best. In my opionion you need a special level of gear to really do your job well.
(e.g. Nobody is able to heal Icc 25 naked, but you also dont need gs 6000 to be a good player)

To sum up to my mind skill (incl. right choice of gems, enchants and talentpoint) is over the gear but it is always usefull to have it.

I hope you can follow my thoughts^^
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

I didn't really ask why you have the 51-0-20 talents, I asked what would be the advantage of the other spec. Since you are giving it up, I wanted to know if you know what you are giving up. Situation when Heart of the Crusader and Improved Blessing of Might will be useful won't occur in 25-man raids. So all you get is 10% mana from instants (what % of your spell casts are instants?) and 8% crit, how much mana is saved by that crit in your play style? And 7% movement over a Tuskar's vitality enchant.

So what are you giving up by not having the other spec?

Also, since you think skill is the most increase in healing for paladin, what type of skill. What is the thing you do as a paladin that other less skilled paladin's don't do, which increases your effectiveness as a healer? Can you elaborate?

-Lore
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

Sorry to interupt Lorenai here, but we have decided to give you a chance to prove yourself in a trial.
Whisper any officer for an invite once you're here.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Nailed

Post by Nailed »

I also have one question about your Glyph of Seal of Wisdom, what is your point to use this glyph? If paladin gets critical with healing spell you gain mana equal to 30% of the base cost of the spell. If you reduce the manacost by 5%, mana gained is reduced from crits by 5% too. Well it can be usefull somehow if you are suffering great mana issues, also its just so few encounters where you can auctually melee between spellcasts to gain mana from Seal of Wisdom. Is there any other solutions? Welcome to Ubi
Nailed got nailed!