Pejcha - Restoration druid

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Pejcha

Pejcha - Restoration druid

Post by Pejcha »

Personal information

Name: David

Character information

Name: Pejcha
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Pejcha

Explanation of gear, spec and glyphs:

As my job was to “soften” raiddamage with my hots, I focused mostly on things that helped me to cover as many raidmembers as possible. That means that after the change to GotE, I focused a bit more on haste to get my GCD as close to 1 sec as possible without hurting my other stats.
As Swiftmend and Wild Growth are pretty standard glyphs for AoE healing, I think the only one I should explain is Innervate. As I said, my target was to cover as many players with HoTs as possible, so Rapid Reju wasn’t optimal choice for that task. As other major glyphs are more singletarget oriented, I decided to go for Innervate, so I can help our arcane mages while still getting some mana of it.

Raid experience:

pre-tbc I cleared everything pre-Naxxramas (with exception of Ouro and Viscidus). I also killed first five bosses in Naxxramas 40 (Spider wing + Noth and Instuctor)

TBC I cleared everything with the exception of last 3 bosses in SWP. At that time I was feral tank/dps.

WotLK – all easymodes with exception of 4 bosses in ICC. Also got server first on XT HM (14/6) and server second on Thorim HM (4/6)….also got some more HM and ToGC kills, but they were so late after they were added to game that they are not worth mentioning

Previous guilds

I play since beta, so the list is a bit longer

Stormscale
WWN Felguard – guild of players that got their betakey from worldofwar.net and decided to stay together. Unfortunately, it felt apart after 3 months due to different goals of different players in it.

Ragnaros
Invictus – I was there for more than two years, part of that time as druid/healing officer. I was there from first two molten giants, through Naxxramas till Lady Vashj kill. Unfortunately (at least for me) at that time, the guild got new GM and I was “socialized” without chance to join any raids.

Massacre – felt apart during BT

Avenging Wrath – drop of attendance during SWP caused we couldn’t continue to raid after we reached Eredar Twins. It was changed into social guild and felt apart at the beginning of WotLK

The Inevitable – felt apart at Mimiron

Genjuros
Torment – started really well, fought for server firsts in Ulduar, but lost many good players during summer break and never recovered from it. Disbanded in November.

Defias Brotherhood
A Silent Resolve – players were attending only lootraids. Died few days ago.

Why I want to join and what can I offer?

Well, I don’t like changing guilds, so what I’m looking for is guild that stays together. I want to kill Lich King and experience ICC hardmodes (and reach 9k achievement points :D ), but most of all I want guild that’ll keep trying even if the bosses are hard and they have to work to kill them.
For that, I offer player that brings his consumables, don’t stand in fires of different colors and still does good healing (atleast I think so) and stays with his guild even if it has some problems. I don’t say I don’t make mistakes, but I learn from them and I don’t do them again.

Playtime:
I can be online every day with exception of Tuesday after 18:00 (on Tuesday I can be online around 20:00)

As forums ate my first post I hope I haven’t forgot something in this one.
Razzie

Re: Pejcha - Restoration druid

Post by Razzie »

looks good! just what we need!
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Is that a vouch Razzie?

Since everyone you vouched for turned out to be really fail :D
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

[edit for evaluating reasons]

we´ll let you know shortly.

best regards. :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Vintoran
Class-Officer

Post by Vintoran »

Hello there and thank you for your interest in Ubiquity!

I have a few questions for you:
How is your PC and your internet connection?
Please comment on the use of Ember Skyflare over Insightful Earthsiege while still socketing int/spi to meet socket boni where you could use haste to reach the haste cap with your build. How much haste would that be? Would there be an imidiate way to gain haste cap?
Could you explain the reasoning of buying Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky while still wearing tier9?
If possible I'd also like to see a WoL or similar log.
Mancher wird nie süss, er fault im Sommer schon. Feigheit ist es, die ihn an seinem Aste festhält.
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

How is your PC and your internet connection?

I will be honest, I don't understand computers, so I'll just post what I find:
Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz, 1.98 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX
internet should be 10 Mb/s download, 1 Mb/s upload

This is what I use to raid, usually have latency under 80 ms and fps over 40. With the exception of my last raid I haven't experienced disconect for a long time. In near future I plan to buy new computer, but atleast first few weeks I'd use this one.

Please comment on the use of Ember Skyflare over Insightful Earthsiege while still socketing int/spi to meet socket boni where you could use haste to reach the haste cap with your build. How much haste would that be?

As I don't have celestial focus, this cap is either 856 rating (with totem and moonkin aura) or 1193 (without them). The use of spirit gems is due to my "fetish" to follow socket colour if it's not totaly retarded, the use of int gem (I just noticed I still have two) is due to me being stupid sometimes and I'll replace them with haste gems asap. I use Ember Skyfire over Insightful Earthsiege since I rarely have manaproblems, so I prefere that little throughput it gives me. I know this should be reflected by my blue gems (or to be more precise their replacement by redgems) first, but as I mentioned before, I realy like to have socketbonuses.....ofc if you insist, I can always regem.

Would there be an imidiate way to gain haste cap?

Moonkin, totem and bloodlust :P . On serious note, I can sacrifise spellpower and gem more for haste, just tried to keep this balanced, but I can switch to what guild needs more. Even faster way would be probably respecing for Celestial Focus, than I'd already be 33 ratings over the cap.

Could you explain the reasoning of buying Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky while still wearing tier9?

Well, I'll explain both wearing T9 and using that cloak. I use T9 shoulders as unlike T10, they have haste instead of crit. Buying the cloak wasn't the smartest thing I did, but at the moment I did it, I had full 245/258 gear and cloak from Kel'thuzad. I was too focused on replacing it and wasn't using my head enough :oops:

If possible I'd also like to see a WoL or similar log.

couldn't find one that shows much, so I'll post atleast some

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a339 ... alingDone/ it's raid when we were wiping on Putricide, I'm first there simply because I'm the only healer that always managed to survive till P3 and didn't take malleable goo. Don't think it shows much.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shcl ... alingDone/ again fail raid, we wiped on Festergut alot thanks to serverlag, so it's not optimal.

I can also post log from our last raid, but I had to play from work and had latency/disconects problems. But if you want to see that one, it's here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/aim1 ... alingDone/

Unfortunately seems no1 posted logs of our decent raids
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Just noticed that I can edit my original post, so this one is useless.
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Update: both gems with int fixed and replaced by sp/haste gems
Bussy

Post by Bussy »

Did a quick look to WoL:s and didn't see anything out of ordinary. Good thing was swiftmend usage, which isn't used enough by most druids and usually only pvp:ing druids can use it effectively. =) Glyphs and talent choises i could argue a bit but it comes to what druid is usually healing. [item]Glyph of Nourish[/item] and [item]Glyph of rapid rejuvenation[/item] are both quite powerful glyphs, but also situational and depends of given healing assignment. [item]Ember Skyflare[/item] is also something i favor over [item]Insightful Earthsiege[/item] to give little extra boost for HoTs =).

Actually i could ask about Nature's Grace and 3 talent points u spent there. While it is not bad talent, very rarely raid healing tree can benefit from it (aka casting 2 or more nourish/regrowth in a row). Is there some specific reason u chose that talent and not for example more powerful direct heals.

another question is about your feet enchant. 18 spirit vs Tuskarr's Vitality?
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Bussy wrote:Did a quick look to WoL:s and didn't see anything out of ordinary. Good thing was swiftmend usage, which isn't used enough by most druids and usually only pvp:ing druids can use it effectively. =) Glyphs and talent choises i could argue a bit but it comes to what druid is usually healing. [item]Glyph of Nourish[/item] and [item]Glyph of rapid rejuvenation[/item] are both quite powerful glyphs, but also situational and depends of given healing assignment. [item]Ember Skyflare[/item] is also something i favor over [item]Insightful Earthsiege[/item] to give little extra boost for HoTs =).

Actually i could ask about Nature's Grace and 3 talent points u spent there. While it is not bad talent, very rarely raid healing tree can benefit from it (aka casting 2 or more nourish/regrowth in a row). Is there some specific reason u chose that talent and not for example more powerful direct heals.

another question is about your feet enchant. 18 spirit vs Tuskarr's Vitality?
To my glyphs - I have scriber alt, so I can switch those from fight to fight. But as I mentioned above, my job on most fights was to cover raid with hots to soften damage, so neither nourish nor rapid reju were good choices for that.

To Nature's Grace - well, this is between faster, bigger or cheaper direct heals. I usually use those heals when something goes bad and both my NS and swiftmend are on cooldown. So it's just to recover and that extra speed on second heal sometimes helps. But this is nothing big and I don't think switching those 3 points somewhere else would change my healing alot.

To boot enchant - I have one boots with spirit and one with Tuskarr's Vitality. Usually switch to those when the fight is more about movement, while using spirit ones on fights without "fire" on ground. Again, not such a big difference, can reenchant for every fight without problem if it's needed.
Bussy

Post by Bussy »

Pejcha wrote:Usually switch to those when the fight is more about movement, while using spirit ones on fights without "fire" on ground.
Just of of curiosity, in which fights in icc you would use spirit on boots rather than extra movement speed?

hint: [item]Pattern: Blessed Cenarion Boots[/item] are really good for resto druid. :wink:
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Bussy wrote:
Pejcha wrote:Usually switch to those when the fight is more about movement, while using spirit ones on fights without "fire" on ground.
Just of of curiosity, in which fights in icc you would use spirit on boots rather than extra movement speed?

hint: [item]Blessed Cenarion Boots[/item] are really good for resto druid and craftable. :wink:
Festergut normal mode. We had healers standing in melee group, so I had no reason to move at all. Also Deathbringer and Gunship Battle didn't have movement where every second mattered.
Bussy

Post by Bussy »

Pejcha wrote:Festergut normal mode. We had healers standing in melee group, so I had no reason to move at all. Also Deathbringer and Gunship Battle didn't have movement where every second mattered.
Not counting gunship because it is just ridiculously under tuned fight even in heroic. Even in Festergut you might get spore and need to move out from melee. My point was that, in 1 fight out of 11 you gain alot more from extra speed over few spirit. Though i can understand your point there if u have 2 pairs of same boots with different enchants. =) But using spirit on "better" boots is not really something you can easily reason.

Extra movement speed gives you:
- self protection: less ticks from fire on ground
- "faster heals": when someone is out of range and u need to move closer, extra movement speed can get u in range maybe 0.1-0.2sec earlier.
- Less healing needed. When u can avoid fire and dmg taken u can cast that rejuv to someone else rather than yourself.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

if i were you i´d take the insightful meta and then go with mainly sp gems. the insightful meta is much better than the other ones.

you want to get your spellpower as high as possible. in the immediate future you will not be able to avoid speccing for 3% haste from balance (since you will want 4 tier 10). that will free up even more gem slots you can put pure spellpower gems into.

the 18 spirit is quite pointless on boots. the movement enchant isn´t much better, but the best of the lot.

in terms of glyphs, swiftmend and wild growth are a given. normally i use rapid rejuv with those, but sometimes i go with either nourish or rejuvenation depending on what i need to heal. on blanket fights i think rejuvenation is the best third glyph since you get no use out of nourish. innervate is always an option though.
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Pejcha

Post by Pejcha »

Môurn wrote:if i were you i´d take the insightful meta and then go with mainly sp gems. the insightful meta is much better than the other ones.
As I said, didn't have manaproblems so far, so I haven't felt need to use insightful. This may change if I switch my gems to red and I have no problems using different meta if it proves to be more usefull.
Môurn wrote:you want to get your spellpower as high as possible. in the immediate future you will not be able to avoid speccing for 3% haste from balance (since you will want 4 tier 10). that will free up even more gem slots you can put pure spellpower gems into.
I know about that spec (with Celestial Focus) and I have no problems using it.
Môurn wrote:the 18 spirit is quite pointless on boots. the movement enchant isn´t much better, but the best of the lot.
Agree that both are bad, so I have no problem using any of them :lol:
Môurn wrote:in terms of glyphs, swiftmend and wild growth are a given. normally i use rapid rejuv with those, but sometimes i go with either nourish or rejuvenation depending on what i need to heal. on blanket fights i think rejuvenation is the best third glyph since you get no use out of nourish. innervate is always an option though.
As I said, I took innervate to boost our dps a bit. Again, I have no problem to use any glyph ingame or switch between them based on what fight I'm healing at any given moment (remember times when I had to respec and reflask for every boss, this is nothing compared to that :) )