Rezeka - Destruction Warlock

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Rezeka

Rezeka - Destruction Warlock

Post by Rezeka »

Personal Information :
Name : Max

Character Information :
Name : Rezeka
Race : Undead
Class : Warlock
Armory : Link
Main-spec : Destruction
Off-spec : Affliction (Might change this to demonology)

Destruction Glyphs :

Glyph of Life Tap : Due to the high spirit you can get from gear, I found this to be a very sufficient for a raiding warlock

Glyph of Conflagrate : Due to not removing Immolate which boost Incinerate damage, it's 1 less spell to re-cast to up the dps

Glyph of Incinerate : Since it's the spell you use the most while Destruction, it's always best to up that spell.

Affliction Glyphs :

Glyph of Quick Decay : Reduces the time between the damage ticks on Corruption which is controlled by Haste. Found it to be an exceptional glyph whilst raiding as affliction to speed up the damage.

Glyph of Haunt : +3% Damage Over Time effects additional to the base +20% from Haunt. As your damage is mostly from DoTs, 3% is a very high upgrade

Glyph of Life Tap : As above

Could add a list to the glyphs I'd use for Demonology if asked for it.

Current, and former guilds.

Unfortunatley, this is a semi-long list, but there is a solid reason for all of them.

The Requisition - Got in a dispute with Sitruc on a raiding night which I couldn't follow through, and got kicked.
The Unsung Heroes - Was in there because a mate of mine invited me while I was guildless so I could have a social guild while looking for a new one
Premise - Merged with La Onda
La Onda - Disbanded
Dénouement - The left-overs from La Onda, mostly social. Left due to people losting interest.
Delirium - Disbanded
The Esoteric Foundation - Made a wrong choice to raid on my paladin a night I got declined from a raid, and then whilst in Naxxramas, got asked to relog (First night of hitting 80, first alt I've ever levled, I was extatic too see how it was)
Intensity - Same mate that ran The Unsung Heroes, also same reason there
Sidereals - Back here I had a really crappy computer, and I didn't want to ruin their raids by not being able to keep my FPS up, so I left for Tainted
Tainted - After being there a while, I got my new computer, so I had the urge to do 25mans again on a semi-core level atleast, and that wasn't going to happen in Tainted
Sidereals - So I got accepted in here once again! But then the guild started to slowly die out (Glad for them that they picked it up again), so I left due to lack of interest from the members
A Silent Resolve - I joined this guild instead! Had many laughs in here, and alot of progression raids, but several reasons got me to leave. (Can name them if it's felt to be needed)
Renatus Vir - Same reasons I joined The Unsung Heroes and Intensity, just another mate of mine.
Quantum - The guild leader gave away promises of very active and progressive end-game raiding, but then abandoned it.
Deus Ex - Was a reform of Quantum members, but it died in less than 1 day (Mentioning incase someone will notify it)
The Soulflayer Syndicate - Only joined here because the members in Quantum have been offered a free invite to the guild. But after talking with the lot of them, it really wasn't the guild for me.

Try not to look at it as if I'd be a guild hopper. As I've stated above, I had more than solid reasons to have jumped these guilds, and I'm willing to elaborate more on this point if needed, because I feel myself that, yes, this doesn't really look good, but I thought it'd be best to state it all, so you wont see it as I'm trying to hide it from you all.

Why do I want to join Ubiquity?

I'm looking for an active progressive guild that can keep up with the end-game relases as they come. I believe that I can tribute to alot when it comes to just doing a dps-job in raids, aswell as discussion alternative tactics if it's needed for new bosses that's released.
If I'm to join, I can assure that I always come read-up, flasks ready, potions and other reagents that might be an addition to raiding during events or similar (Currently with the Love is in the Air event, I have 5 stacks of spellpower increasing perfume standing by.) I'm punctual and a very active WoW player, so I would be able to join almost every raid, with maybe a few exceptions to real life plans, that would be told of to an officer in advance.
As I'm currently as up-to-date on warlocks as I feel is needed, I'm always up for learning more about the class in all aspects.

If there is anything else you want to ask me, feel free to ask.
Lanius
Class-Officer

Re: Rezeka - Destruction Warlock

Post by Lanius »

Hello Max,

thank you for your application, it covers the basics, I do have a few questions still open though.

First of all I would like to see some indicators on how much DPS you are doing in raids, since your job would be mainly that in raids. Preferrably would be a World of Logs entry or a screenshot of Recount, best in a raiding environment, since target dummy dps is not really a good indicator of damage potential.

Next your armory brings up a few questions. One would be about your very high amount of hit, since you are even above the hardcap of 17% and we usually always have a shadowpriest or boomkin (or both) in the raid. My guess would be that you just recently got your T10 legs and they probably replaced a non-hit item there, but I would like to hear a confirmation of that or other reasons you might have. Your destruction specc is also a bit suboptimal dps-wise. The usual cookie cutter specc is 0_18_53 with the main focus of buffing the imp dps in the demo tree. Your affliction specc is a bit off the normal aswell, but that's no issue, since it's mainly about the hit there and you got plenty already anyway. You stated that you might change one specc to demonology, which would be a good idea if you get invited, because the raid-dps buff is more or less mandatory due to its massive spellpower improvement. Which specc would you saccrifice for the demo specc if we'd ask you to respecc?

Your glyphs look solid, that might change a bit in the future, which is brings me to my next question: Which stats do you see as the most important ones for warlocks and in what order would you rank them?

About your guild history, i cannot speak for all officers, we will discuss that aswell, however i do admire your honesty in listing up the whole history at least, and i think honesty should not be punished. But like i said, we will discuss that and i can probably give you a more "official" answer to that topic later on.

I still have a few questions, but i would rather have you answer the ones i gave you now first and as stated above, a WoL report or Recount screenshot from a raid environment would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Lanius
Rezeka

Post by Rezeka »

Hey Lanius, thanks for a quick reply.

When it comes to a World of Logs entry, I dont think I could post one of those since I really have no clue on how that website works. I could altho post a screenshot of Recount with a graph of it included as soon as I get into a raid, aswell as remembers it. (Could try to find one tonight)

The hit is basiclly as you said, I got my T10 legs not too long ago, and haven't been able to see a potential upgrade that could reduce my hit and not drop the other stats too much, or even at all. The wand is only there due to the hit so I can reach 17% incase I get into a raid without a boomkin nor shadowpriest. For a "main wand" I use Scepter of Imprisoned Souls (Heroic). For the destruction spec I've mostly copies Hams spec in Ensidia (Link to his armory).

Tho due to the new buff on demonology, I would sacrifice my affliction spec for it, because I find destruction to be a more satisfying playstyle as it's not as much stress to keep haunt up on, say, Saurfang after proc'ing the Nevermelting Ice Crystal just to keep the high-crit Corruption going whilst nuking the adds, aswell as Destruction gives a higher burst. (I haven't played affliction since last patch, so can't really say I'm that up-to-date on that fact about the spec itself. But can't see how it would've changed.)

The way I would rank the stats for warlocks would be :
Spellpower > Haste > Crit > Spirit.

And yeah... I made an application to Brotherhood of Doom a while back, and they stated this fact aswell. And instead of you finding it out for yourself, I thought I'd save you the thought about me hiding something, and coming clean right away. Because such a thing should be one of the last to be hidden, as it could give a massive wrong impression for those who'd find it.
Rezeka

Post by Rezeka »

I got into Isis ICC25 man raid tonight, and as much as I tried to get a combatlog saved, it didn't really work. I do have some screenshots from wipes on Blood Council Princes tho!

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5
Screenshot 6
Screenshot 7
Screenshot 8
Screenshot 9
Screenshot 10

EDIT : As I can't get a log working at all, I thought I'd post some more screenshots.

Koralon 25M (Demonology)
Toravon 25M (Demonology)
Saurfang 25M (Destruction)
Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

Hello Max,

i have to admit i expected something else, it would have been more informative if you'd shown your "damage done by spell" pie chart, but well, it's sufficient.

We are not 100% sure yet if you will satisfy our needs, however we decided that we will give you a chance to prove yourself during a trial period.

Whisper me or another officer (Vintoran, Mournie, Rethulion,...) ingame to get your guildinvite and then feel free to impress us :wink:

Best regards
Lanius