Khrin Unholy Deathknight, spanking and tanking that mob!

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

khrin

Khrin Unholy Deathknight, spanking and tanking that mob!

Post by khrin »

About Khrin
Oh god I love my death knight. Although I do admit it sometimes sucks to be in love with a popular class, when you do get recognition it certainly feeds mister epeen.
Since WOTLK launch I have been unholy till about TOTC came out, although unholy was fun and it easy play style - when scourge strike had a chance to refresh the diseases- allowed for me to learn my cool downs, runes and runic power by “instinct”, I started respeccing into other specs. That’s where I found duel wield frost. Unfortunately duel wield frost was never a good competitor and due to the need of requiring the highest possible dps for progress kills combined with an enhancement shaman starting to attend, I forced myself to unholy once again. In a way I am secretly hoping for frost to become (high dps) viable once again, but till then I will stay unholy buffing the casters and competing in the dps race.)

Khrin in full "glory" on the armory

(Log of my duel wielding ulduar 10 heroic weapon and the one hander from battered hilt.)
Frost pew pew!
(Log of my current unholy dps )
Unholy pew pew!
You see I am still wearing 4t9, as there is some debate whether unholy should switch to 2t10 or wait till 4t10. I am currently doing the later and am just stacking tokens of frost. (Currently a little less than 180)

What about the off spec?
In the end I am applying as a dps, although I dearly love off-tanking (and the occasional pug tanking), my tank gear will always come second place, making it only good enough for alt run tanking/pugs/10 mans.
I tanked all of Ulduar and TOTC on different alt runs.
As I will log out in dps gear, I just wanted to provide some unbuffed stats of my tanking gear
(Almost 27k armor, 42k health with stamina trinkets, 39.9 in “normal gear, 29.3% dodge and 21%parry.
A bit under the hit cap (6%), and way too much expertise 10.75%)
History of characters
I went from a rogue in open beta to a warrior (tank … damn me for getting draconian deflector on the first run!) in vanilla, a shaman in TBC and a death knight in WOTLK. My raiding however only started since my shaman. Unfortunately I fell in love with wrong spec and played an elemental shaman which did not allow me to silence the feeding frenzy of my epeen in regards to dps I was producing. At the end of TBC I was a bit scared to go from easy mode elemental shaman to a up close melee class, but the very little information we were receiving about the death knight was just pulling me towards it. Since I rolled my death knight, my time invested in my alts also plummeted and I have not regretted one single moment of it.

History of guilds
Since I started raiding in TBC I will only list guilds from then on as those are the ones important enough.
Burning Dawn till it was disbanded before WOTLK
Grip of Saul till it is currently being disbanded

About me
I am a 28 year old Belgium aerospace engineer working in Barcelona Spain, (I was dragged there by my soon to be wife, who is from that region). Since my precious Spanish fury is not really a fan of wow, but tolerates it, -like I tolerate her silly soaps ([Scared sounding voice] No look dear, I deleted the silly! Please do not …. ARRggjhhh… [Soft crying]).
Oh where was I… well I have been playing since release of the open beta, without any break till now at the same casual tempo I always did. To be very honest, my girl is the one that keeps me a bit in check regarding playtime. Next to getting married soon [metal chains sounding on the background] *shudders*, we are also looking for a house to buy.

Why another dk?
So now you are asking why this death knight nr25464 is applying to your guild: Next to being the only guild that has a raiding schedule that fits my needs on horde side, but also not demanding more, then casual me can handle, about every friend I asked referred to your guild. I have to admit, your progress is about 2 or even 3 bosses further in ICC then we got (Putricide stuck on 25 and all down on 10 man before last wing was opened and let’s stay completely silent about TOTGC). Next to this Ubiquity has been referred to me as a stable guild.
Although I understand that raiding spots might be full, I would not mind being able to already socially sniff up the raiding & guild atmosphere and fill in spots where required.
What i bring is mostly solid dps, a person not minding to off tank or pass on loot. (In the idea off the guild wins, so it means I win also), and one that loves to read all theory crafting, trying to get the best out of his character.
If you have any questions, let me know!
Varanor
Class-Officer

Re: Khrin Unholy Deathknight, spanking and tanking that mob!

Post by Varanor »

Hi there Khrin and thanks for a nice application.

We're a bit full on melee at the moment but give us some time and we'll give you an answer.
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Hi Khrin.

Thank you for your application but sadly I'm going to have to deny it as I just can't see a way to fit yet another melee DPS into our already crowded roster. Problem is this far into the expansion most of the rosters are pretty much set in stone and all our melee have really high activity so I don't really see a way we can offer you anything meaningful. Thank you for your interest in Ubiquity and good luck finding a guild that will satisfy your raiding needs.
khrin

Post by khrin »

Well good luck in you future encounters and give Arthas my regards in the form a good spanking!