Vinster, Retribution Blood Knight.

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Vinster

Vinster, Retribution Blood Knight.

Post by Vinster »

Name

Vinster.

Class

Paladin.

Spec

Retribution 7 / 5 / 59.

Gear

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Vinster

Guild you're in now / guild you were in before (reasons you left)

I am still a member of <The Grip of Saul>, but after 2 years of having a wonderful time the guild came to an end and Saul decided to disband. All it’s left now is a few members chating or doing random heroics.

Why you want to apply to us

I spent most of my time playing World of Warcraft ( almost 5 years now ) as a raider, as it’s my main interest in discovering tactics and careful planning of those to overcome the content that Blizzard puts before us and nothing beats the feeling you get once a new encounter ends in success because of the team work and dedication shown by players. It’s like a sport if I may say so.
I know I’m going to find such team play here, because I’ve been following your activity for a long time ( always played on this server ) and you’ve always been one of the top guilds on the server and, if I’m not mistaking, now the oldest raiding guild that is still standing … and that says a lot in my opinion.

What do you think you can bring to us

To start with the paladin class brings a lot of raid support abilities like Blessings and Auras and even if my main focus as a Retribution Paladin is DPS, I’ll always keep an eye out for how the rest of the raid is doing and if necessary throw a Hand of Salvation on those getting close to overaggroing, a skillfully placed Lay on Hands on a tank or healer that can save the raid from wiping. Also I can use Flash of Light via the Art of War talent in case healing gets tight to save myself or others, even if it comes as a small DPS loss, a dead player is not helping anyone.
Now to continue with what I bring from my talent trees. My Judgements give 3% more critical strike rating to the raid via the Heart of the Crusader talent, and for those hard hitting bosses the –AP debuff via the Vindication talent is always welcome. The Sanctified Retribution talent also adds 3% more damage to anyone in the raid that is affected by my auras. To add to those mentioned here I bring 3% haste via the Swift Retribution talent and mana replenishment via Seals of the Wise.

Now a bit about me on the social part

My name is Geo and I am 25 years old. I’m currently studying Cinematography at the Arts University in Bucharest, so if you have any questions about movies / actors go ahead and poke me. I live with a few friends and everyone in this damned house is playing WoW which makes it a quite funny environment.
I also happen to be quite a drunk and very outgoing person, improvised and not carefully planned parties being my main focus. I’m very humorous and I like to laugh a lot, sometimes I even laugh out of the blue, and I get weird looks from strangers nearby. Sometimes I just do things / take action without thinking too much about the outcome because I believe people spend more time thinking about doing things than the time it takes to actually do them.
I spend my free time playing WoW, hanging around (getting drunk ) with my friends, reading books and sometimes watching the ceiling because I wish I had money to travel. I’m an animal loving person and my favourite companions are cats.

P.S : I’m sorry to inform you but I have no WWS Stats reports to show you as our Guild Master closed the forums. I’ll try to PuG a VoA 10 / 25 and screenshot some recount reports. Unfortunately, buffing in VoA PuGs is not at its best and the outcome might not be he one I’m or better you’re looking for.

With that being said I thank you for reading my application and I look forward to hearing from you.

,Crusader Vinster.
Varanor
Class-Officer

Re: Vinster, Retribution Blood Knight.

Post by Varanor »

Hi there Vinster and thanks for your nice application as well.

As I said with Khrin, we're a bit full on melee but give us some time and we'll give you an answer. We chatted earlier and you answered my previous questions satisfactorily but due to circumstances I forgot to ask you this. Why did you spec for Unyielding Faith in your more PvEish spec? I'm not saying it's wrong in any way but wouldn't for example Guardian's Favor be a bit more useful on stuff like let's say heroic Anubarak?

Also I'd love to see a UI screenshot from a raid environment if it's possible.
Vinster

Post by Vinster »

The reason behind chosing Unyielding Faith over Guardian’s Favor is quite funny. Actually there are 2 reasons. After the guild stopped its activity a few days ago I found myself doing a lot of random dungeons to fill up my time in WoW and it appears that the only random dungeon available for me was Halls of Lightning ( I get that 90% of the time ). Now I bet you know the hallway where those vykrul “statues” come to life when you pass by them and the way they keep fearing you all the time, I was getting annoyed by that.
Second reason would be I started playing WG again and as I didn’t change specs or gear ( I just go PvE specced and wearing PvE gear ) I found myself getting feared more than getting stunned or snared ( everyone seems to want to send Rets as far away from them as possible ) because I love jumping casters more than anything and not to mention those Protection Warriors who love to charge in and fear. So after not much thought I just went and respecced those 2 points only. I will get right back to Guardian’s Favor though. Thanks for pointing that out.
As for the screenshot in a raid environment I only have this from a 10 man VoA from last week :(
I will try to get in a 25 VoA this week though.

- The meters show Damage Done / DPS for Toravon.

Edit :
And thanks to Khrin

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... 433&e=3720
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Hi Vinster.

Thank you for your very nice application but sadly I'm going to have to deny it because of us already having a well manned melee dps group of extremely active people, and I'm not sure if we can fit you into our current plans. You are more than welcome to apply later on if the situation warrants change. Thank you for your interest in Ubiquity and good luck finding a guild to satisfy your raiding needs.