Scamaa of the Undercity - warlock application

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

scamaa

Scamaa of the Undercity - warlock application

Post by scamaa »

Greetings \o

Gonna start with my character info.

Character name: Scamaa
Race: Undead
Class: Warlock
Main spec: destruction
Off spec: demonology (SP buff)
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Scamaa
By the time you will check this out, i should have tier 10 chest equipped and ICC tailoring pants (need 1 frost emblem to do these changes). After that i'll sort out the lack of 1% hit. My weapon doesn't have hit, that's one of the reasons i still use suppression.
Seems like affliction gives the higher numbers, but i just can't get used to all those curses. Desctuction is my spec. Also i believe that is the best spec for progressing in hard modes. You might tell me that affliction heals you, but it doesn't have demonic embrance, soul link, fel synergy and (if needed) improved health stone. Has a high burst as well.
My off spec is demo, witch i enjoy playing for some fights or when we lack spell power buff. One of the fights is Saurfang encounter, since i can nuke the adds with soul fires when he reaches 35%.
For both specs, i got the glyphs that maximize my damage: incinerate, conflagrate and life tap for detruction, life tap, quick decay and felguard for demonology.
My professions are chosen to give me a small "+" when it comes to raiding. Enchanting gives the ring enchants and engineering has some pretty cool toys that help a raider. I like spell power that comes with the parachute, the boots can save your ass or help you get to a target to dps it faster, haste from gloves works like a mini trinket and throwing a bomb when you're moving always improves your damage numbers :roll:

Guild info:
Was a member of Esoteric Foundation, Conquest, Brotherhood of Doom (around 10 days i think) and at the moment i'm a member of Grip of Saul. I was kicked from EF during a break, took it just after we had Illidan on farm. I joined Conquest before expansion and raided with them til we had S3D on farm. I took another break since i didn't had anything to upgrade and came back second day after Ulduar was live. After i raided so much when WOTLK came with them, i was seen as recruit. I left them and applied to BOD, where i had a friend. We ended up by leaving and applying to GOS since we had there 5 real life friends. I found here a great place, with cool people, casual, but that want also to progress. Even if i have a lot of real life friends here, i want more from PVE. Even if i don't get aboard, i'm still gonna leave the guild. I hope that this way they won't feel that i think of them as a safety net.

Reasons for applying to Ubiquity:
As i said, PVE is what i am looking for. You are one of the best guild on the server and i'm sure that you can offer what i'm looking for. I can bring to you a dedicated raider, a social person, hopefully the dps you need (or lack) and more health stones, soul stones, summoning stones and demonic portals. AND life taps that healers love to heal after.

Other stuff:
My name is Florian and i play the character above. I live in Romania, i'm 24 years old. My brother and his wife are moving this week so i will have a whole apartment for my self. This means that i'll have to pay bills all alone and it doesn't sound too good. Gonna have to get used to it. I study economics and i work at a firm that buys/sells stocks, but only in our country for now ("Bucharest Stock Market" i think it's called in english, not sure though). I only update our site at the end of the day, help clients when they have problems with their online accounts, nothing hard since i log from work as well. My favorite band is Queen, but at the moment i listen to Pretty Lights. A good movie i saw recently and liked, was "Up in the air". Enough said!

I apologize for the possible misunderstandings, grammar etc. Though i think i managed to cover everything. Will wait for some replies now i guess.
Byebye
Lanius
Class-Officer

Re: Scamaa of the Undercity - warlock application

Post by Lanius »

Hello Florian!

Thank you for your application, it covered quite a few things, I also have a few questions though.

First of all for the most important thing: Do you have any recordings of your damage, like screenshots of recount or World of Logs parses, which show us your current damage potential, since this is going to be your main job in the guild :wink: Preferably in a raid environment, since target dummy dps is seldomly a good lead to how much dps you can squeeze out (unless ofc you do 3k dps on a target dummy, that might already be a quite good indicator :roll:)

As for your choice of mainspecc i am fine with you being destruction even though affliction is currently the better specc, however, this also means that your playstyle has to be good enough to make up for that gap again. Your offspecc being demonology however is a good thing, since the benefits from dark pact don't need any explaination.

Another question I'd have is about a line you stated in your guild history:
I took another break since i didn't had anything to upgrade
I did not miss the fact that you came back as soon as new content was released and this particular time between naxx and ulduar was a potential drag, however, how is your general attitude towards raiding content that might already be quite old and not offer any upgrades for you but for others and possible bosses that have not been killed and are still on the "to-do list"?

I will leave it here for the time being and am looking forward to your response.

Best regards
Lanius
scamaa

Post by scamaa »

I found some logs on GoS forum:
Festergut: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 068&e=1359
Rotface: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 688&e=2083
I hate that site, i found it a bit complicated. Hope it's good enough though.
On a heroic target dummy i'm doing around 6k, also not hit capped. Will get a screen shot of that.

That break came when we started to raid with alts and i think we had around 30 people geared enough for Ulduar. Was playing a lot and i really needed a break. Back then we didn't had heroic/hard modes, were just gearing up people for the new raids. Was something like: "Ok, open that damn Ulduar already!".

You asked me about my "general attitude towards raiding". GoS didn't manage to progress in ToTGC25. After we got some ICC gear, we went back and got 3/5. Still, it wasn't progress. I don't want to get the same experience with ICC HM so i'm motivated when it comes to raiding at the moment.

Scamaa
scamaa

Post by scamaa »

Heroic dummy recount (80 seconds, while 2 life tap buffs were up)
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1414/w ... 124649.jpg
gantrithor

Post by gantrithor »

scamaa wrote:I found some logs on GoS forum:
Festergut: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 068&e=1359
Rotface: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k ... 688&e=2083
I hate that site, i found it a bit complicated. Hope it's good enough though.
On a heroic target dummy i'm doing around 6k, also not hit capped. Will get a screen shot of that.

That break came when we started to raid with alts and i think we had around 30 people geared enough for Ulduar. Was playing a lot and i really needed a break. Back then we didn't had heroic/hard modes, were just gearing up people for the new raids. Was something like: "Ok, open that damn Ulduar already!".

You asked me about my "general attitude towards raiding". GoS didn't manage to progress in ToTGC25. After we got some ICC gear, we went back and got 3/5. Still, it wasn't progress. I don't want to get the same experience with ICC HM so i'm motivated when it comes to raiding at the moment.

Scamaa
On those parses you are specced as demo, do you got any parses with destro?
I also recommend switching spellpower/haste gems with spellpower/hit so that you reach the hit cap.
Gedo

Post by Gedo »

from what you linked I can see that your management of molten core begs improvement
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
scamaa

Post by scamaa »

Reply for Gedo
I know that, been ignoring it that night on most bosses. That raid i was curious to see the numbers without incinerate, that's all.

And for Gantrithor
Sorry about that, didn't pay attention before linking those. Been playing demo a lot since we lacked the SP buff and i guess most of them are with that spec. Found something from last week as destro.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... 041&e=4357
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... 433&e=3720

Lost that 1% hit last night after i switched some gear, gonna gem some SP/hit as you said and fix it since i didn't find anything in my bags that will do it.
scamaa

Post by scamaa »

I hope you don't think that if you invite i will get some gear and then go on a "break". I'm interested in ICC hard modes and in continuing to play in Cata. Also, joining a guild like yours will give a heard start when new expansion comes. I don't plan to apply for other guilds for now and I rather be guildless than applying for a non progressive guild. I might not be the warlock you are looking for or not get the numbers you expect, but i always try to improve.

That being said, i think i'm trying to tell that if you don't find me suitable as a raiding member, i would like to apply as a social member (if you "recruit" such people).

Thanks o/
Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

Dear Florian,

The officers and I discussed your application the past days and we came to the conclusion that you might not be exactly what we are looking for.

Therefore I have to decline your application.

Good luck with finding a suitable guild.

Best regards
Lanius
scamaa

Post by scamaa »

Alright, thanks for your time and replies. Good luck, ciaoo