Barokh, Survival Hunter

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Tilanna

Barokh, Survival Hunter

Post by Tilanna »

Application of Barokh!

Outside game information.

I’m 21 years old, currently residing in a small village called Fågelfors in Sweden.
Unemployed at the moment and living with my two cats.
Besides from WoW my other interests would be doing stuff with my friends, mostly alcohol combined with some console gaming or soccer(Fulham FC btw, just so awesomesauce). :D

In game information.

Character: Barokh (Formerly known as Teila if that rings a bell)
Class: Hunter
Spec: Survival, (Beastmaster offspec)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Barokh
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Defias ... ter=Barokh

Why the spec?

I’m always trolling EJ, pretty much every day before login into WoW, to stay updated on what’s going on and to ensure I have the latest sheet downloaded and ready for use. I also checking my spreadsheet every time there’s an new upgrade gained.
To ensure my talents, gems and other piece’s of gear works together in the best possible way.

Things in my spec that I think might need an explanation:
I’m currently in a 0/18/53 spec, In 3.2 we got the new tier gear, and with the 2set bonus, our serpent sting will now crit, and it does that fairly often. That made me move three point to[Improved Serpent Sting]in the Marksman Tree, that are three points I think is kinda mandotary as long as we have the 2set bonus of tier 9.
I just simply stole those points from [Resourcefulness]. The point’s was worth more dps in Imp. Stings because of the cooldown on [Lock and Load], if I have too many point’s in it I might throw away a few Black Arrow tics when they simply can’t give me a L n’L Proc.

And other thing are my 1/3 in [Exposed Weakness], in 3.2.2 they made the serpent sting crit’s being able to trigger the regular chance on crit effects I got both thru talents and trinkets.
That along with my 53% unbuffed crit makes it safe to only have one point in there, 92%ish up time calculated by the spreadsheet.

I’m also aware of the 2 points in [Improved Aspect of the Hawk] is pretty neat, as the BiS sheet says . Tho as I’m not there yet I rather put those 2 points in [Hunting Party], so far it seems 2% agility is superior, not by far tho, as said, I always check other options when there’s a new upgrade in reach.

Shot queue/priority would be: Kill Shot>Explosive Shot>Black Arrow>Serpent Sting>Aimed Shot>Steady Shot.
Im aware with the serpent sting being really neat and heard about ppl prioriting that before black Arrow, I just havnt got around to test it, my sheet still says black arrow should be applied before it.

My Secondary Spec:
As Secondary spec I have a Beast Mastery spec, Its always been for solo stuff(Zul Gurub mostly). NO real raiding purpose with it.
Used it once or twice since it got slightly buffed for pve.

Raiding

I can attend to ever raid day that was listed, and more!
When raiding im always having my own flasks and buff food at hand.
I use [Flask of Endless Rage] and[Blackened Dragonfin].

Im Also using my Professions as much as I can to help me while raiding.
By having the hand enchant from Engineering: [Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket].
If you look at the screenshot abit down it does about 1%ish of my total damage, witch is a damn good enchant to me :P
I also using the Cloak enchant witch gives 23 Agility and the Rocket boots, witch can be really neat on bosses like Northen Beast.
Besides that Im using my own Jewelcrafting to make sure I got my three dragon's eye gems and epic gem in every other socket.

My Player versus Environment philosophy and role.
I love raiding, that’s where I like to accomplish stuff along with likeminded.
A nice raid evening to me is to do your best, as a guild and player, to afterwards actually being able to say that everyone did their share and what they could regardless if we got a boss down or just got some nice practice.
I like a challenge, I don’t mind “winning” a content, but the satisfaction of beating an encounter you been practicing on for days, weeks even, beats everyting!
Even getting that new weapon. *grins*

My own role is being on top of my game of cause.
And by that it’s not only by doing as much dps as you can, but at the same time use your peripheral vision.
Being able to pay attention to what happening around you at the same time, and being able of judge when to give a helping hand in complicated situations.

History and Experience.
Some about the content I've been in:
TBC: SCC, Maggy, Gruul, KZ, ZA, Eye and Winterchill in MH cleared.
WotLK: Pretty much everything but a few hardmodes in uld25. Algalon25 and TotGc25.

I migrated here from a server called Eonar just before the expansion released.
While doing that I also did a sexchange, female orcs are pretty! So I played as Teila on this server.

When arriving to Defias I joined a guild called <Thirteenth Regiment> a short time after I reached 80. Had a good time there and got in touch with the current content, one of the greatest feelings I ever achieved in WoW was when we got KT on 10man for the first time.
I moved up a bit when I left for a guild called <Alas thus be thine face>, the guild im currently in for that matter.
We killed Malygos on 10 man the day before I joined, they kinda bribed me with the one handed sword that dropped, Hailstorm. :P
I enjoyed my time there but after a while they got more inactive, so I decided to try my luck in a bit more core raiding environment. That was when I joined TEF.

It was in <The Esoteric Foundation> I grew most as a player, the bm cookie-cutter spec was no more. :roll:
It was the first time I really tried raiding with Survival, and how I felt in love with it.
Upon the guild’s disband I went back to casual in <Sidereals>.
After a while I wanted to get back to some more serious raiding, so joined up with Kograk and] <Destined>. We had a strong and great setup for 10mans and got both Algalon and Insanity in Totgc10, But when it come to the 25man raids things was different, and my rl mate and my brother and I decided to leave after being in a situation with Kograk.

Why I want to apply.
The reason I wanna join Ubiquity is cause I idolize you guys, been since the day I got here, being a part of one of the most elit guild’s on the server would be something special.

Despite an inside source(Featherstomp) that assured me of no hunter spot I've decided to apply and take my chances.
I know you are pretty “full” on hunters, and I just want to input that I’m more then fine with being a substitute. I would be ready and attend for about every raid without having a spot, just in case, and bring a positive spirit and contribute with what I can, be updated and read up on tacs and be ready the day you guys would be short on hunters.

Misc.
Sadly I havn't raided with any combat log analyzer in a while, so I have to provide a silly screen of me getting down with the Heroic Target dummy.

Thanks for your time lads! :)
Varanor
Class-Officer

Re: Barokh, Survival Hunter

Post by Varanor »

Excellent application and it's always nice to see you've taken the time to put some effort into it. Good luck with your application.
Raf
Site Admin

Post by Raf »

Thanks for your application!

Removed coloring for easier reading! :wink:

Will review shortly and get back to you.
party

Post by party »

I havent raided as Surv for a long time now, but isnt Black Arrow has more prio than ES? I guess you want LnL to proc.
Dug

Post by Dug »

From what I have seen of him, a very good hunter indeed
Tilanna

Post by Tilanna »

Thanks for those words Varanor! :D

Raf wrote: Removed coloring for easier reading! :wink:
Im sorry Raf, I really thought the coloring made better then white on blue, my bad.

party wrote:I havent raided as Surv for a long time now, but isnt Black Arrow has more prio than ES? I guess you want LnL to proc.
Not really, try think about it like this:
If you start with an Explosive Shot you have 6 seconds until its ready again. and Black arrow cant proc a LnL until its first tic, witch is 3sec after its casted

Do a rotation like this with Explosive shot just before Black arrow:
Exp Shot+1,5sec gcd -> Black Arrow+1,5sec gcd -> any other shot+1,5gcd. and by the time the first tic starts your explosive shot is about ready.
Explosive shot is far to superior to be on hold, it should really be fired as often as it can.

If theres anything else please ask :)
Gedo

Post by Gedo »

vouch from me aswell, dps on par with our top hunters for sure
Gedo, a Wizard of sorts.
party

Post by party »

yeah i researched it already with Raf, switching BA and ES dont give any difference in dps coz you can shoot only 3 ES maximum per 1 BA (except LnL procs and it procs only once per 2.6 BA in 6mins fights)

and i just wanted to hear explanation from you. many hunters just copy talents/shot rotations/gear without understanding how it works
featherstomp

Post by featherstomp »

Epic Vouch!!! Really skilled player, instanced and raided with him since almost start of Wotlk.
Former member, Retired Happyface Tree
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

Vouch for Teila, really good hunter and reliable and easy to talk to and friendly player. -Lorenai
Aslad

Post by Aslad »

looks like a steady hunter to me :D
akahad

Post by akahad »

used to be one of top tef players, vouch.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Post by Môurn »

whisper any officer for an invite ingame (preferrably raf). welcome to ubiquity! :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money