Menyx - Warlock

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Menyx

Menyx - Warlock

Post by Menyx »

- Name: Menyx
- Class: Warlock
- Spec : 3/13/55 ( Destruction )
- Gear (best link to a profile): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... od&n=Menyx

-Guild you're in now / guild you were in before (reasons you left):

<Blood Guard> - Left due to inactivity
<Maelstrom> - Been GM , but due to no progress i disbanded it.
<Brotherhood Of Doom> - Same , no progress so i left it.

- Why you want to apply to us
You guys are are a mature focused guild which i would like to take part of , i am looking for a new and STABLE home where i can stay for a long period and have fun and in the meanwhile also progress.

-What do you think you can bring to us
I can bring a mature dedicated raider , who can focus and have a laugh with when needed.

Raiding Experience:
TBC: Everything till Kil'Jaedan.
WotLK: Ulduar 10/25 - cleared , but no hardmodes im afraid exept Levi ,and ToTC 10/25 - cleared , same no hard modes. And of course Naxx 10/25, EoE,OS,VoA,Onyxia.

Additional information about me:
Name: Marin
Interests: Hanging out with friends, music,and ofc videogames.

Thank you.
Nazelus

Re: Menyx - Warlock

Post by Nazelus »

Well, what can I say, a bit of a light application but you definitely deserve a chance as I can see the good gemming and the gear is up to the challenges we face now. Hit rating is way over cap so get rid of the 3 points in Suppression and go for Soul Leech. Per total it's a well written application, even if, as I mentioned is a bit of a poor one, but you compensate with the class knowledge (seeing the gems, enchants). The only issue I can still notice is one of your professions. Mining is useless in PvE as well as every grinding profession is. Go for Tailoring for the cloak enchant or for Jewelcrafting. Other than that, a warlock just left our ranks these days so that should mean we might be able to give you a chance. Thumbs up from me and good luck with your application! ^^
/Naz

Menyx

Post by Menyx »

Hey,

I have done what you suggested and took Tailoring instead of Mining.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Now that is what I call dedication
Cibee
Class-Officer

Post by Cibee »

Dug wrote:Now that is what I call dedication
Professions which arent even on the level to get yourself the buffs they are designed for? Nah.
superuberpwneristic expialidocious
Tzobee

Post by Tzobee »

Hello.

I am bothered with how little time and effort is put down into the recent applications here. This is by all means nothing personal to you, im sure you are a great player but when you apply to an endgame raiding guild you really need to sell yourself alot better. I see nothing special in why the officers should invite you over the next generic lock outside Orgrimmar AH.

That being said I have some regular questions for you.
-Would you respecc to affliction if it turns out to do more damage in another patch?
-What sites do you use to determine course of gemmin/speccing/enchanting?
-How old are you? If you don't want to answer, how is your living condition, with parents? Alone? With a partner? Can you raid til 00.00?

I wish you the best of luck!
Menyx

Post by Menyx »

Hey Tzobee,

Yes i would spec affliction if it turns to do more dmg as it is in my interest and my guild's interest.
I use Elitejerkz.com, WoW Europe,Ensidia forum etc.
I have 19 years old so there is no problem with the raiding hours.
Droxx

Post by Droxx »

I am sure Lanius will get back to you soon on this. I would like to see you on trial. Only way to really tell if someone is good or not is to see how the handle a raid environment with new tactics (since it varies from guild to guild). My 2 copper.
Why are we not supposed to eat animals when they are made out of food?
Nazelus

Post by Nazelus »

-Would you respecc to affliction if it turns out to do more damage in another patch?
Not a complete question. First of all, according to mmo champion in IC patch, the best specs will STILL be destro and demo. So the main idea is, will you respec to any spec when you're asked to and needed (i.e. we need you Demo for the shadow bolt debuff of affliction at Yogg Saron) or when the spec you are to respec to is better in PvE?
Professions which arent even on the level to get yourself the buffs they are designed for? Nah.
Well he listened to the advice. He wouldn't have the time to max tailoring in 1 day. But yes, it's not really dedication if you don't max them asap so, work on it. :)
Best regards
/Naz

Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

Hello Menyx,

thank you for your application, although it is a bit slim, but the main points were stated, so it's no big issue.

Your gear looks solid and the gems/enchants look ok aswell. It's also good that you are already leveling tailoring up to get 2 good raiding professions.

According to Nazelus' post, I would also like to know whether you are ready to respecc to a certain specc (most likely demonology) on demand, since it provides very noticeable buffs to raiding. You don't have to specc that right away for your application now, of course.

Additionally, can you provide some data about your dps, maybe a recount screenshot from a raid situation or a WWS log. If not then at least numbers from target dummies in your destruction specc.

Another question i have is about your PC and your connection. Do you have a stable connection and fps? Do you often disconnect from the game or have screen freezes on bossfights?

Best regards,
Lanius
Menyx

Post by Menyx »

Hello , yes i have a stable connection and a good PC , and i will show you my dps on a dummy right away.
Menyx

Post by Menyx »

Lanius
Class-Officer

Post by Lanius »

Considering that target dummy fights are always simple "tank n spank" situations where you don't even have to move and the fight was below 2 minutes time I have to say that your dps are way too low.

Warlocks are a pure dps class without any possibility of execute a healer or tank role (except for certain encounters), that's why it is imperative that our damage is as high as possible and with your current gear (which really is quite nice) you should be able to squeeze out about 1,5k- 2k more dps.

Therefore i have to decline your application at the moment, because i fear that your dps will not cut it at heroic modes, which we are progressing through at the moment.

You are on a good way when it comes to your gear and enchants, but you have to work on your rotation (especially corruption as a destruction warlock is lowering your dps alot) to get your dps closer to the potential of your gear.

Good luck finding another guild and best regards,
Lanius