Eshnogoohd - warlock

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Esh

Eshnogoohd - warlock

Post by Esh »

Greetings, Ubiquity!

I'm an ol' grumpy warlock with an attitude and ambition to show younger 'locks, that age is no obstacle in pursuing to be the best of the best! My name is Eshnogoohd —friends call me Esh— and I'm of the olden blood of Defias Brotherhood.
-----

The ol' grumpy is of the rare breed of Orcs, and has quite some history behind him. I've been pushing him around for 4 years now (more than 300 days/played), and have no serious alts, although I picked up a friends account with a mage, when he left DB some 2 years ago. The mage is primarily for disenchanting and herbing and has been migrated to the same account as Esh. He's level 80 and unguilded as well.

Eshnogoohd has been in The Orphans Grim his entire life on Defias, from just 7 weeks after the guild was formed. 3 months later I accepted the role as officer, and stayed in management until stepping up as Guildleader at the beginning of TBC. We were the largest guild of older gamers on realm, with some success in raiding, and I've pushed them into battle as raidleader for years with the good help of great officers. I had to step down not so long ago. I couldn't invest the same amount of time any longer, but assisted new Management as officer until my departure just a week ago. the reason: I simply want to focus on raiding, which in turn actually permits me to play less. Sounds odd, but there you have it.

I've raided everything in WoW except TotC 25man. My gear is UL25 with a few upgrades. I've persistently carried an almost 100% raid attendance, have a good grip on all classes and their abilities through my function as RL.

As to my skills... In short; I'm a good warlock. reliable, quick on my feet, prepared as utility (rDPS) and as pDPS/replenishment. I know all the ins and outs of 'locking, and am of the spreadsheet-type, that constantly tinkers with gear and rotations for optimal performance.

I carry two specs, Demonology and Destruction, both optimal for raiding (except 1p short in Demonic Pact), hit-capped without saying for 17% and 14%. I gear for spec and functionality.

You'll find my armory profile here. Mostly I'm using my demo-spec for passtime PvP and heroics, so you'll either find me in PvP-gear or standard gear for daily aggro-pulling. Drop me a whisper for some catwalk if needed, and I'll strike a pose for you. I've got all of last seasons PvP-gear, but have put Arenas to a rest, since finding a regular team and schedule is tedious and troublesome.

As you can read from my 300 days/played, I've been spending way too much time online. I'm 41 years old, have a "better half" and 3 wonderful kids. My plan was to downsize my gaming to only do dedicated raiding. I've amassed enough ingame gold to keep me from dailies etc., so this should keep me on track. All of your scheduled raid days suits me, and I'd hope to attend no less than 75-100% of those, if the dice are in my favour.

My role in any raid would be to add a slice of humor served with sarcasm and witt, while providing the utility or dps you want in any form (but affliction). You'll never catch me unbuffed or faulty gemmed, and yes... I can get my sorry orc-butt out of the fire/void/blowdryer/whatever in time. I've got all the "required" addons and 176 more to boot. So shoot me; I'm a geek!
I like to stay on top of things, stay informed of everything raidwise, so would love promotion to assistant (albeit a quiet one), to keep feeding my addons with usable information ;-)

My damage output is on par with my gear. As demo on the dummy I'll push 3-3.5k selfbuffed, in 25man raid usually 4.5-5k. As destruction dummy gets winged for 4-4.5k dps selfbuffed, fully raidbuffed I'm peaking at 5.5-6k dps. Circumstancial results may vary. I'm not a clicker, every single spell is keybound/macro'd.

References.. hmm... Any TOG-member, and a few LS, P2, CT, Ubi-member. Give me w/ if needed.
Also, I've applied to Last Stand. So the first to pop that /ginvite will get my love :-)
Esh

Re: Eshnogoohd - warlock

Post by Esh »

hmm... formatting looks skewed... Can't edit. Bleh..
Lanius
Class-Officer

Re: Eshnogoohd - warlock

Post by Lanius »

Very nice application, Eshnogoohd.

I've had a talk with the officers and we decided to give you a chance to proove yourself :wink:

Contact me ingame please.