Nekune - prot / arms (cross realm)

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Nekune

Nekune - prot / arms (cross realm)

Post by Nekune »

Character: Nekune, female tauren protection warrior
Guild: Omni (currently gleader)
Realm: Earthen Ring

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... g&n=Nekune

I began playing right before TBC hit the shelf. I started off my WoW career in Stormreaver. Ever since I've had problems with leveling, I didn't hit 70 untill Black Temple, Hyjal were implemented. I enjoyed playing solo, making many, many alts. Then one day I made a druid, I got it to 70 in no time, joined a casual raiding guild with few Norwegian guys a the core. We cleared Karazhan very quick, I was promoted to officer. My memory is failing, so I can't quite remember what my real life situation were, but I think I felt WoW took way too much time of my life, so I decided to quit. So only Kara and Maggy in done in TBC.

After couple of months I bought new account, joined Alliance side in Defias Brotherhood and tried roleplaying. I'm not exactly good at it, still practising. No raiding there, max level character was probably around 40's. I never really wanted to leave, but my better half (friend back then) decided to move her main character to Sylvanas, so I joined her there. We got fed up with dirge spam and general attitude on the realm, that we promised we wouldn't go to non-RP realms never again.

Argent Dawn, leveled disc/holy priest (Celila) there mainly, bunch of alts of course. Started leveling her bit before WotLK was launched, I was at 60 when peeps were dwelling in Northrend. Joined a semi-casual raiding guild, Hydra, where my better half were at the time. Cleared Naxx, EoE, OS but guild wasn't strict enough to clear most of Ulduar, people leavng guild, and I had some real life issues again, which also made my playing motivation go down progressively. Couple month break ensued.

New account again, this time warrior on Earthen Ring. Always enjoyed tanking, but feral druids had so few abilities. That's why I chose warrior, interesting rotation, a bunch of utility, more challening. I got her to 80 pretty damn quick, I don't know where I got the motivation to level through that same content once again. Made an application to a promising raiding guild, Omni, the day I hit 80. I bought quite many BoE epics and hoped my knowhow would fill the gap the lack of gear made. The guild's core consisted of ex-hardcore players, like really hardcore. :-P Also the realm's best raiding group, Boy Racers, had couple of alts in the guild, it's quite long story. Anyway, I got tested by BR's maintank and he seemed to be very pleased with my tanking. I got trial. Facerolled pre-Ulduar content, cleared 10-man Ulduar in two weeks, which got Omni some reputation. I got promoted to warrior class leader, we managed to form one 25-man Ulduar run, got first quarter down, but ever since we've gone downhill (untill recently). The core of the guild left for other game, when TotC was implemented, the filler content made several guild break in the realm. I got promoted to guild leader, although I didn't think I'm suited for leading. I was pretty sure the guild would fall apart, but we got few good applications and suddenly we cleared TotC very easily and got four hardmodes done in Ulduar. So the guild has good potential, but sign ups are just enough to form a 10-man raid. I personally don't feel like leading the guild anymore, as I'd like to spend bit less time playing the game and I see more of the original people leaving the guild. It feels like a huge weight on my shoulders. I have to show up on every single raid or things go bad, as we don't have many tanks and I lead the raids. I didn't choose to lead the guild really, there was no other choice, but now there's a potential leader in the guild.

So now I would like to come back to DB, as I loved the realm. I'm also looking to progress in end game content and Ubiquity seems like a perfect place. I'm trying to play the game pretty casually, three raid days a week would work very well for me. Only thing I really expect from a guild is maturity. Frankly, pretty tired of seeing gear whoring and "i pwns u in dps metors ololoo" type of behaviour. Even more tiring is elitism. The negative type, I mean. Now I'm being bit arrogant, but that's the way I feel.

Now the gear, spec, talents part... Well spec is pretty close to cookie-cutter MT spec. Impale & Deep Wounds and some points sacrificed from Shield Specialization for Improved Disciplines. Glyphed for full survability; LS, SW and blocking. If I'm on full tanking duty, I most likely have off spec with imp demo shout and commanding presence. Not much to say about enchants, chose pretty much the best ones, although 16 def on cape could be replaced with 225 armor, as I'm bit over the def cap now. Weapon is still unenchanted, trying to find Mongoose enchanter, which is best enchant for pure avoidance. Gemming... it would be optimal to have that dodge & sta gem as exp & sta instead, but I had some serious problems finding JC for it. There's couple rare quality sta gems, but I decided not to put epic ones in them as I'm upgrading them soon.

Prot priorities are SnB proc'd Shield Slam > Revenge > Shield Slam > Devastate. HS spammage. TC (and DS) up at all times. Timing CD's right... so on.

Professions are BS and enchanting. I prefer to have enchanting on my main raiding character, as it's easier to enchant my own and other's gear. BS just fitted this character + of course more variety in stat bonuses, can gem for arp, for example.

I have okayish arms gear. Ilvl 200-226, just rings and trinkets being ilvl 200. I'm willing to play that spec as well, but fury I'm not interested in before they make one-handers viable again and hopefully make more interesting rotation for it in Cata. Can play fury too though, it's not a problem at all. Dps on dummy is +/- 3500.

I'm actually very willing to level up my hunter or rogue to 80 very quick. Let's say in a week, if you'd prefer those classes. I can gear them up pretty fast by myself, although the only to some extent. I can guarantee, that I can play them as good as any class (apart from dk's). I spend a lot of time reading theorycrafting concerning different classes and reading different forums. I know, for example, how to gear up a rogue, choose right rotation and so on. I'm not too fussed about the class, I like them all. The problem is the damn gear and of course, proof that I know how to play them. I'm joining you guys one way or another. :-D Goes with the personality, if I decide something, I f'ing do it. Has worked everytime so far, now when I think about it...

I can offer an active player with knowhow. I'm pretty silent person, rarely chatter, but of course say on vent what is necessary. Downside are my absent-mindedness and bad short-term memory, but they haven't hindered raiding much. I'm 18 years old, live in Finland. Currently studying, but I'm very inactive with school. On my spare time I often play games, WoW and bit Darkfall. In addition to that, I sing and play guitar and my favourite is to do nothing at all. I'm interested in philsophy and psychology, as well as physics. Smoking salvia is one of my hobbies, I'm (almost) a hippie after all.

I hope I got all required information in. Me, silly have adviced people to make short and simple applications and look what monster I created... Sorta feel uncomfortable writing this kind of "mememememe" text, but I guess there's no other way to go about these. Thanks for reading, I look forward to your reply.

[Edit]: Sorry about the double post.
Tzobee

Re: Nekune - prot / arms (cross realm)

Post by Tzobee »

Hello Nekune.

I don't know if we have a tank spot open right now seeing how we cannot really garantuee all of our tanks raidspots for each raid, if we need a tank it would be a protection paladin at this point.

Now to your gear, there are some things I would like to touch upon. I do realize you have answered some of these questions in your application but id like to point at them nevertheless :)
1. Do you have another tank weapon or are you really raiding without an enchant on it? Do you have any plans on fixing that anytime soon?
2. Is there any particular reason why you socket dodge rating when you are not expertise capped?
3. Is there any particular reason why you socket def rating?
4. Is there any particular reason why you socket 24 stamina in some items instead of 30?
5. Why are you not using the craftable belt & boots from Ulduar?

Regarding your glyphs, while it is true that it certainly offers more survivability I am alittle worried about the kind of threat you are going to put out and if it is going to be enough at our current standard. I can't see that until I have actually seen you perform ofcourse but your offensive stats/glyphs tells me alittle about it :)

I wish you the best of luck!
Nekune

Re: Nekune - prot / arms (cross realm)

Post by Nekune »

I have other tanking weapon with enchant and not raiding with this one. Going to get the Mongoose for tomorrow's raid or some cheaper one till I find enchanter for it.

No actual reason for having dodge & sta gem. Just because I haven't found JC for Guardian's Dreadstone yet.

For socket bonuses and because I'm still changing enchants, might fall under def cap. Ideal would be to ignore socket bonuses and get moar stamina...

I decided to put epic gems in ilvl 226 and up gear. We sometimes do weekly FL 25 run and undermanned Razroscale, so might get Veranus' Bane very soon + I'll buy the badge throwing weapon when I have enough badges, which is more likely.

Craftable belt is more of a sidegrade, even though bit of a upgrade, so I didn't see reason to dish out that kind of money for it. Especially when Earthern Ring AH is pretty messed up. Boots I could upgrade, that is true.

Currently I'm not needing Vigilance glyph, reduced SW and LS cooldowns have been really useful.

So not very good reason for most part of it. :-) It's mainly because last couple weeks I've been stressed out about the guild situation. I haven't been guild leader before and suddenly I have one to lead, need take care of sign ups, applications, raid leading, fixing homepage and forum posts, recruiting and so on... The whole thing has demotivated me from min-maxing the character and playing with auction house to get some more gold for gems and such. I made this application quite spontaneously, I knew my gear wasn't prepared for it, but it was 6:00 AM, coveniently zombified to write an application and I've had my eyes on DB and Ubiquity for some time. So I though what the hell, I'll see what happens.

But... today I was told I need to go to hospital on friday. I have no idea how long I'm going to stay there. I think a week, but I was at some point told it might be even 5 weeks. O.o I'm pretty certain it's not going to last that long at least. Week or two max. So how we should go about this? If you decide there is a spot for a prot warrior (I don't mind at all if I don't get into every raid), can you wait for one or two weeks that I come back from hospital and post again in this thread, that I'm ready to join? If you decide there's no place for me, then there should be no problem though, naturally. If you decline my application, am I allowed to try apply with other class on later date, without being underdog? :-)