Tiray, Protection Paladin

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Tiray

Tiray, Protection Paladin

Post by Tiray »

Name - Tíray
Class - Paladin
Spec - Protection

WoW Armory Link - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... T%C3%ADray As of today (27th August) this is fully up to date.
Current Guild - My current guild is Reverence, of which i'm guild leader. There's only really one reason i'm choosing to leave; it's because i don't have the time to fully lead a guild. At least, not well. And so i feel it's unfair on the current members for me to continue. However, you may then be asking why don't i just hand over the Guild Leader position and remain in the guild. This is because, although i love all the guys i'm with, not enough of them are able to raid where me and about 5 others are. It wouldn't be difficult to gear them up, except i don't have the time, few of them would sign up to forums to discuss raid times, and only about 6 or 7 would sign up to raids after that, with only about 4 or 5 actually turning up. Simply put it's a task too large for my circumstance.
Other then that, i of course have heard of Ubiquitys reputation as the best guild on the server. Horde side at least, possibly now up for competition against the newly formed Phase Two.

Why i'm applying - I'm applying for a couple of reasons. As one of the best guilds on the server, (when it comes to raids) you're quick, efficient, and very well organised. So at least from you, i can expect smooth raiding, which is consistent every week, and which is cleared over one or two nights (Depending on the raid). On top of this though, it's obvious that Icecrown Citadel isn't far down the line, and honestly, i want to be one of the servers first to down him. And frankly, i'm almost certain Ubiquity will be there bringing him down as soon as the chance arises. I want to help in every way i can.

What can i bring to the guild - As a person, i'm sociable, well mannered, and (in my opinion) quite fun :P. As for raiding, i'm more then willing to be online 30 minutes before, giving me enough time to make sure i'm fully repaired, and have all the flasks/potions, and food that i want for the upcoming raid. Although i don't know all the tactics to all the high-end bosses, i can pick up tactics very quickly, and will either look on YouTube or Bosskillers.com for any tactics i need to know. I feel raiding should be well organised and well prepared. Once that's achieved i think that the enjoyment and fun from raiding just sort of comes automatically. It also helps to have a good bit of guild banter and i think that comes with time, and just getting to know everone.
I'd also like to say, that i know my gear ISN'T the best, but i've worked hard to get it, and i'll work even harder to get better gear.

People who may vouch for me - Saddim and Leonid. Hopefully... :P

About me - Okay so my name is Will. I'm 17, and from England (In case you hadn't already noticed :P). I'm into a large mix of music, ranging from a bit of Dragon Force, to things like Blink 182 and Elbow. I'm currently doing my A Levels, and hope to go to university next year. But look i'm going to be honest here. I know Ubiquity don't need more tanks. And definitely not Paladins. And so if you decline this i'll completely understand why. But frankly, i want to progress, and i can't with my current guild. The raiding times here are perfect for me, so i'll be able to attend raids without any worrys. Getting my AS Level results, it turned out i'd done crap. So although i enjoy WoW a lot, i feel i need to cut back. I really just want a guild that can raid well, and that i know if i raid with, i wont be up 'till like 2am every night trying to clear an instance.
So like i said, i know you probably don't need me. But i hope you may give me a chance. I hope you consider how much i've put into this application. It may not be better then anyone elses, but i feel, and hope, it should satisfy you, and give you all the information you want and need.
However, if you have any questions at all, feel free to post them on here (I'll be checking back very regularily), or to whisper me in game.
Oh and also, i've currently cleared, Naxx 10 and 25, OS and EoE 10, VoA 10 and 25, 6 bosses in Ulduar (FL, Razor, X10, Ignis, Kolo, Auri and i've almost done Iron Council), and i've also done the first boss of TotC10 and i know the tactics for the 2nd, and can easily learn the tactics for the 3rd too.
Thanks a lot for your time, and i hope i'll get a chance to raid with you.

Will
Tiray

Re: Tiray, Protection Paladin

Post by Tiray »

Also, i just read in another application reply about your Ubicon was it? Where you meet up in real life? Personally, i think that's an immense idea! I love it :D
I mean, it's one thing to just be a raiding guild, but it's another to come together in person to meet up :P i love it haha!
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

Also, just as a question, are raid times set at Game Time? It doesn't make a difference, just if i were to raid with you, it'd make sense to be online on time ^_^
Ifix

Post by Ifix »

You have also applied to LS...
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

Yes, however, allow me to explain why i have done this. First and foremostly, it's because i don't expect to get into any such high end guilds if i'm honest, and i had originally only planned on applying here, but a friend suggested i should probably apply elsewhere since my chances were low. Ideally, i would hope that Ubiquity would take me on over all others, and in any such case of this happening, LS would be going straight out the window. Firstly, your raid times suit me perfectly for the upcoming year! Secondly however, and this is difficult to explain, but i remember back in TBC (When in my opinion, raiding was a lot better. Blizzard have screwed it up a bit since) when you'd see a member of Ubiquity in almost full T6, and it would almost send shivers throughout, because you'd instantly understand the feats they had achieved. For me, that's not changed. Seeing a member in a Heroic, or a raid, or in Dalaran, has always been brilliant, and i'm not sure you understand the amount of pride i would feel being able to say that i was a member of the best guild on my server, and one of the best in the world!
So yes, i have applied to LS, but i will happily withdraw that if i get any sign of being accepted here! I hope you'll understand my reasoning behind this, and forgive me for doing so.
Nazelus

Post by Nazelus »

First of all I don't believe we need anymore tanks, especially prot pallies seeing what Vara said on Appophis' application. Secondly, indeed, applying to 2 guilds at the same time isn't the wisest thing as there are some guys checking other guilds' sites. On the other hand, applying to 2 guilds at the same time proves that you don't really respect one or both of them (as you said, if we'd accept you, you'd throw LS on the window). And if you would feel so honored to join our ranks, why wouldn't you at least have patience and wait for our answer and only then think about applying to any other guild. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your application but you started it wrong in my opinion.
/Naz

Tiray

Post by Tiray »

*sigh* Yeah you're right. And ironically, although my intention was to increase my chance of getting into a high-end guild, it seems that i inadvertently decreased them.
You've given me some good points anyway, so thank you, and i hope your guild may still offer me an opportunity despite this.
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

In light of what you've said, i decided to act upon it, and withdraw my application from Last Stand. I apologise to all who i upset with my actions, and i hope we can set this aside, and that you may give me another chance to impress you.
Again, i apologise for my actions.

Best regards,

Will - Tíray
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

I'd also like to add that i'm aware you currently aren't looking for tanks, or paladins, so i was wondering, when you raid on your raid nights, how many groups do you take?
I understand there are a number of reasons you may not accept me, but hypothetically saying you did, would there be enough people online during other weeknights to organise a raid comprising of other members who, for whatever reason, did not raid on the raid nights, and therefore was available to do so on a different night?
Lithilea

Post by Lithilea »

I must say in overall im not very impressed.First of saying your a guild leader and have been trying to get your guild to raid, but you don't know the tacts for the high-end bosses i find a bit odd,this is something you should know due to your position in your guild.Second im asking the same question as Nazelus: why did'nt you at least have the patience to wait for an answer and only then think about applying to another guild.Third: like you said your gear is not the best,but making the best out of your current gear is something you should do,make sure you have the best gems and enchants on your gear,and you can improve your gear alot.Anyway i wish you luck on your applycation but i also think you started it wrong.
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

Oh sorry, let me just go over that bit. Basically, my guild are mostly still in Naxx, and i haven't had the opportunity to go up against any high-end bosses yet. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be as dedicated as they first said they would be, so although we had high hopes when we first formed, they've gradually gone downhill, as people haven't signed up or turned up for raids. So i know all the tactics for Naxx, OS, EoE and VoA, and tactics for 7/14 bosses in Ulduar, and 2/4 in TotC. Speaking of this actually, i've just been watching some videos on youtube on tactics for bosses after Auri and the Iron Council.
And yes i'm currently trying to improve my gems. Though i don't have the money to buy them straight off the Auction house, i'm getting Conquest badges and having them cut much cheaper instead. I'm also in the process of trying to get Exalted with Sons so that i can get the epic shoulder enchant.
Alas yes, i agree with going about this the wrong way, and unfortunately i reckon it will probably be my undoing, but i'm still holding out some hope yet.

Though i know he doesn't play anymore, Proc (Who i assume has since left the guild), is a real life friend of mine, who i would hope would vouch for me as well.
Tiray

Post by Tiray »

Just so everyone knows exactly where i am as well, and since i don't think armory will have updated, i'm currently 6/9 on epic gems, and 3575/12000 for Sons rep.
I've got two uncut epic gems in my bag at the moment, and i'm trying to find a Jewelcrafter now
Nazelus

Post by Nazelus »

"The reason i'm applying to The Hungering Cold is quite self evident in my think. You're one of the top guilds on Defias, and i want to be part of this. I want to be one of the few who first defeat the Lich King. I want to be on the front line, and i want to enjoy the thrill of being there. I also want a good active guild, who are well organised, and have a great raiding environment, all of which i believe i will find within The Hungering Cold!" Would the thc members "almost send shivers throughout at the sight of them" aswell? ^^ I even saw they declined you but good for you they didn't notice your, what, triple applying to the few best PvE guilds on the server? Meh, as I said, disrespect for all 3 of them but hope you've learned a lesson! Cheers

/Naz
/Naz

Tiray

Post by Tiray »

Fortunately, i think i have, and in doing so, i wont waste anymore of your time. I apologise for disrespecting you, and hope you'll forgive me for it.
Thank you for the time you've given me, and mentions about gems and enchants.

All the best, Tíray
Raf
Site Admin

Post by Raf »

To Tiray's defense it's not so unusual to apply to more places than one at a time.
If one would apply for a job in RL you would send an application to as many companies as possible and hope for positive answers and go for the best offer.

One could expect though that the applicants personalizes the application and not just "search/replace" the guild name and uses the exact same one.