Sandicus. Druid.

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Sandicus

Sandicus. Druid.

Post by Sandicus »

How are ya now Ubiquity.

I'm Sandicus, a 19 year old English student from Ireland.

Class.

Druid.

Spec.

Balance mainspec with strong resto gear for when I want to dust off mai duelspec.

Almost of all mai raiding experiences have come from a restoration perspective, recently however I've taken up the offensive front and blasted down alot of Ulduar with some nasty starfires and wraths.

Gear (and apparently a bit about mai rotation).

Mai gear isn't as top notch as I would like it be, unfortunate considering the competitive nature of dpsing but I do feel it does the job. Alot of what I'm wearing has been chosen over other pieces of higher ilevel or whatever of mai own accord, mostly in order to suit mai rotation.
Until recently I have spammed wrath in the hopes of it critting, beating the RNG monster and proccing off Lunar Eclipse, however I have decided (through vigorous tests, including battering those poor poor Orgrimmer test dummies) to spam starfire, crit (dodge the RNG monster :-)) and spam wrath during Solar Eclipse, with the exception of during Bloodlush, when starfire spam is preferred (too much dps is lost because of spell queueing's incompetence when spamming wrath during high haste periods (like Vezax as well)).

This change in rotation meant that a change in gear was essential; I started to prioritise haste, hitting the soft cap of 400 to ensure some seriously fast and painful wrath spells, however I have gimped mai crit in the process.

Things I'm working on at the moment are mai SoH rep, which yes, I have yet to progress very deeply into and mai Kirin Tor rep, for the proper headpiece enchant.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Sandicus

Guild.

Until recently I was in Delirium, which unfortunately has suffered a lot from Summer afks and because of this I have nawt gotten to raid a 25 man in a number of weeks. With them I raided all the currant raid bosses, with the exception of Mimiron, Yoggy Saron and Algalon in 10 and 25 man and additionally Vezax in 25 man.

Burning Crusade I was one of the founders of Fidelity, who fell apart as we began to get into serious raiding. I then took a long afk and returned after the release of Wrath of the Lich King.

Leaving Delirium was irritating, and seeing its activity deep was upsetting as I enjoy raiding with them. A lot of the guild's officers and members are mai IRL friends and so I will miss the guild deeply.

Why I want to apply to Ubiquity.

I have an immense amount of respect for Ubiquity, along with its incredibly class name :-) you're reputation as a great guild is amazing. You're progress is inspiring and your attitude to the game is a great asset to have for a guild. As keen raiders yourselves you can understand why anyone on the server would want to join ye and experience some of the more difficult aspects of the game such as hard modes and later, the Lich King. These experiences I imagine will be experienced to the fullest extent with ye boiz.

What do I think I can bring to Ubiquity?

As a class.
As I imagine you know, Balance Druids bring several amazing buffs to spellcastors in the same raid and because the amazing buffs they have obtained with the release of the WOTLK we have become an incredible asset to every raid. 13% spell damage on target is nawt to be sniffed at and our aura is something that all castors appreciate. Our IFF an important buff that I shall be more than happy to spec in if needed. However I do feel that if a shadow priest is in raid that the three points in IFF is a waste for a small increase in crit and a decrease in armor on target.
As a person.
A talkative person always up for the laugh, interested in progression at the same time, PvP to a smaller extent and RP when its about. Slightly dark humoured, controversial at times but I always mean the best.

A bit about maiself.

Mai name is Brian and as I said I'm an English student. I live in a small town (officially a city apparently) in the west of Ireland called Sligo, home of Westlife :O, however I attend college in Dublin. I'm a keen drinker of Buckfast and love to mix it with the auld Milk, try it, seriously, its leet. Ye asked about Music, kind of a bit narrow minded, I'm deeply passionate about two tone ska and I'm heavily involved in the ska scene in Dublin, I will listen to a bit of Drum N'Bass as well, maybe some of the 80s hardcore punk. Also I'm a Nintendo fanboi at heart ( YOu know you're one when you ask a friend if
the 'adventure' mode in Halo is any good ).

What else? Ach, I play, or used to play Warhammer 40k and Magic the gathering, the latter of which I was ranked quite highly in Ireland. I'm also a keen roleplayer, having GMed both Dungeons and Dragons and Call of Cthulu (yet still struggling with the spelling apparently) in the past.

Anything else?

Aye ya, I also thoroughly enjoy healing. At the moment I'm simply trying something new, but I would be more than happy to re-apply as a Restoration Druid, or at least have ye keep it in mind that it WILL be mai second spec. <3 Resto <3

Thank you for your time.
Sandicus.
Môurn
Guild Leader

Re: Sandicus. Druid.

Post by Môurn »

mai =/= my (especially for english students) :P

cibee will give you an answer soon. stay tuned! :)
funny how there is always so much month left at the end of the money
Cibee
Class-Officer

Post by Cibee »

Hello Sandicus, thanks for your application. Looking at your armory profile I noticed some weirdness:
- MP5 head enchant
- Int gem in head slot, probably to get the socket bonus, wouldn't something with haste or crit be much better?
- Wrong meta
- PvP shoulder enchant and still neutral with sons of hodir
- lesser weapon enchant
- skinning is a pretty awful profession

So what's up with that? :)
superuberpwneristic expialidocious
Sandicus

Post by Sandicus »

Spelling errors are intentional. Things like 'mai' are an example of my battle against 'text talk' and shizz.

A lot of the points you mentioned are things I am aware of but have yet to get around to.

Gems in headpiece are all over the place which I genuinely missed out on or something, I'll have them regemmed as soon as possible.

SoH rep and Kirin Tor rep was explained in the application. Recently battled through the long and boring quest chain in order to unlock the SoH dailies.

The weapon is relatively new, and the mats are stored in my bank, as mai guild has been relatively inactive recently I've found it difficult to get in contact with our guild enchanter (Support your friends :-)).

I ditched low level Jewelcrafting to pick up skinning in order to get a bit of gold together, level the rest of leatherworking and then purchase the rest of the recipes. As soon as I get around to these things I'll sort out a second profession.

A large proportion of the aforementioned things can mostly be sorted out bai a couple of minutes in the trade channel, apologies for nawt getting around to them before applying.
Cibee
Class-Officer

Post by Cibee »

Whisper me in-game please.
superuberpwneristic expialidocious