Burdoc - Rogue

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Burdoc

Burdoc - Rogue

Post by Burdoc »

Heyo!

Since the fix for my raiding addiction has been hampered and after talking abit with Surs and some rogue alt named Leella I've decided to make an application here! And it is as follow:

Character Information:

Name: Burdoc
Class: Rogue
Level: 80
Spec: 15/51/5 Combat (but I spec whatever does the most DPS really)
Gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Burdoc

WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/ff6qab4qmaepk
Since we didn't have premium this one will expire. It is also not complete and only showing a few bosses. I also can't perform realisticly at Kologarn as a combat spec. And mind it is a 10 man WWS:

The biggest flaw in my gear will be the fact that one of my professions is engineering which brings about 20 less EP than other professions in a raiding enviroment, JC is the best profession I can have but I am content with my current professions and I hope it won't be a problem.
Arena is the reason for me going with engineering, this season I've decided to try and gain some rating in 2vs2 and thus engineering is a huge contribution to that endeavor.
My weapons are also quite "weak" considering what's available now but I've never had the PuG luck of Calamatys or Webbed Death.

Vital Stats: (incase you check the armory if I've loghed with PvP gear)
AP: 3671
Expertise: 26 (1 rating above dodge cap)
Hit: 245 rating. (8 rating above poison hit cap)
Crit chance: 35.48%
Haste: 375 Haste rating

Information about me:

My interests: WoW (obviously), I have little other interest, I study, I party and I play WoW that's my life in a shell at the moment. I am doing pre medschool studies and hope I will get into medschool this coming autumn.

WoW history and guilds:
Happy Funtime Crew: A raid community I was a part of creatingof and the whole idea behind it was
based upon starting end game content but without forcing people to change guilds and so on. This was on Argent Dawn and my first main was a warlock named Romanov and my main guild became <Cult of Romanov> and then when that broke up; <The Flaming Rubies>

We plowed through most of the vanilla content leaving C'thun and the four horsemen alive before TBC hit. When it did the
40 man community broke up and due to RL comitments I could not raid anymore at that time and focused on arena in season 2 reaching 2200 rating in 5vs5.

However since I moved to Stockholm I left my lock and came to Defias to play with my roomies and in the RL friend guild of <Avarice>. (all 10ish of us knowing eachother somehow in RL)
We mostly focused on 10 man raiding but soon merged into Malicious Intent where I got a taste of 25 man raiding in TBC leaving Archimonde, half of BT and all of SWP still unexplored.
I did try AoC out some when it hit but returned to WoW shortly and Avarice was excited over the 10 man content and decided to focus as a "hardcore" 10 man guild. (contradicting perhaps)
And we have done pretty well even though the ambitionlevel of Avarice differed alot and now it has come to the point that Avarice cannot raid by itself anymore. Thus I am looking for raiding in Ubiquity.

The reason I picked Ubiquity is because it seems like the "laid back" yet serious kind of guild I appreciate. I am very keen on content, server firsts, hardmodes etc but I still like to maintain a life outside of WoW.
I don't really know much guilds on Defias nor people outside Avarice due to the fact we didn't really need to interact much with others but I've gotten a good impression of Ubiquity and I think I can contribute.

How can I contribute?

Well, I regard my class as a dps source really and that's what I do. I am active very rarely slack and use any small tricks to top the meters if I can. With WotLK I bring more utility in form of ToTT which I mostly use to keep tanks ahead in agro. The most important thing I try to provide is a good mood and humour to the raids however. It is absolutly vital in terms of progress raiding as long as
it doesn't hamper concentration. I am well read upon WoW mechanics and I keep up to date with rogue theorycrafting in general.

I will not lie about my playstyle though!

Do I avoid using energy on CC or interupts when I don't need to nor will it change the outcome of the encounter? Yep.
Do I take RNG oriented risks while trying to do damage with evasion, CloS and feint? Indeed I do.
Do I take agro unessesarily if it indeed increases my damage on occation say on trash or adds? Guilty as charged.

I am the risktaking, hyperactive and greedy kind of rogue but I havn't seen anyone ever complaing about my PvE performance so far.

I am available at all the raiding times at the moment although some wednesdays I have to attend an evening course until the term is over, I also have a heavy course I need to finish but this >shouldn't< hamper my attendance. You will see me online alot though since if I do procrastinate I do so in WoW.

I gladly answer any questions regarding my application, spec or WoW.

With sincere regards: Burdoc
sursisyor

Re: Burdoc - Rogue

Post by sursisyor »

As soon as I heard of the sad demise of Avarice, (the players I raided with in TBC) I urged Burdoc to apply since I know we've not had much Rogue activity in Ubi since I have been in the guild. At the risk of giving him a big head here, Burdoc is by a country mile the best Rogue I have ever raided with (In 4 different top Horde guilds) and usually ran rings around most of the other DPSers. Fantastic attitude and I would be very happy to be raiding with him again. TBH I haven't a bad word to say about any of the guys I played with in this guild and my only regret is that we couldn't accommodate them all.

Sursisyor
ps, they are pros, not clickers like me!
Sunbaked

Post by Sunbaked »

Pretty decent application, but as i looked on armory u arent exalted with Sons of Hodir, why (there is a best shoulders enchant) ? :)
i cant accept or decline ur application, but i will give my vouch for you. Up to our melee class officer:)
Be all you can be!
Sunbaked

Post by Sunbaked »

oh, i missed that you are inscriptor:) nvm on my question:)
Be all you can be!
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Hi Burdoc.

Talk to me when you see me online please.