Hyacinthe - P/H Paladin

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

hyacinthe

Hyacinthe - P/H Paladin

Post by hyacinthe »

When I asked Varanor if I could have the adress to these forums, he obliged and informed me that Ubiquity is currently not recruiting. Well and so, I figure I'll type this up anyway, if anything, it shows my interest and let's you know I'm out there...lurking.

Class: Paladin
Talents: Protection (1) / Holy (2)
Gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Hyacinthe
Current guild: Arthas Requiem
Reason for applying: I think it's time.

Well that's my protection gear, I thought it would be more impressive than my healing gear, which is not. It can be displayed if needed at own risk.

My story started about 3 months ago when I came back to wow after somewhat long break.

I started playing wow in closed betas. Got hooked on warrior and rogue, but no so much because I ditched both for paladin and warlock in open betas, after which I dumped them also for what would be <my> class for 3 years. Druids.
Me and my brother settled down on the quiet server named Stormreaver and all was well. Laughs were had. Pies were eaten. All the big baddies were slain and the color purple blinded us all. Then came the opening of the portal and we all rushed through to save the world, yet again. And once again, big baddies were slain, purple loot blinded us all but now we were flying and catastrophe ensued. Also laughter.

Around this time, when we were cakewalking through the naga hideout under the marsh, I realised that I had come to be utterly bored of throwing my little heals and doing whatnot outside of dark gloomy dungeons. So, I did what any man, or woman, but in my case, man, would do. I quit. Said my farewells, gave away hard earned materials cluttering up my bank and bags, and sold my account. 1800 swedish crowns to be exact. I added the money to my Goa fund and spent a full month doing nothing but drinking daquiris, chasing tiny crabs on the beach, getting sunburned (damn crabs) and body surfing the indian ocean.

Then I came back. School started. School got hard. Then school got easy again and I found that I had time to spare. I fell for the temptation. I bought myself a time card. I thought to myself "Paladin". And here we are today.
I joined Defias Brotherhood with my brother and a friend, who has stopped playing. My brother has moved on and joined Delirium. His reasons are his own. He left me in AR, and even though it's smack full of nice people, I decided that I needed a change.

The game is made for content and I don't see any point in doddling around in Dalaran fishing up rats and copper coins.
I'm applying here because I believe you are my best shot at seeing all that new content and making this game worth while. I do enjoy my class and my spec but I could consider changing, for the greater good, as the tau say, although they're a bunch of whiny halfwits about to be crushed by the tyranid...but I digress. I believe I would be a valuable addition to any guild, both as a raiding member and a comic relief. So I know you're not recruiting, and hell, I might not even be Ubimember material but atleast I tried. I'll probably try later on too. And maybe once more after that. And even if that doesn't work, atleast you'll know who I am standing by the fountain, bending fish hooks and stomping on goldfish.

Oh, and my name is Fari, I'm 26 and currently studying biotechnics in gothenburg.

Toodles.
featherstomp

Re: Hyacinthe - P/H Paladin

Post by featherstomp »

Hey Fari!
I still got you in my friend list after the instances that we did when leveling up and some heroics.
Hard to forget a good tank. Just wanted to cheer you on, whether you get a spot here or not!
Former member, Retired Happyface Tree
sursisyor

Post by sursisyor »

Hello Fari,

That was a very nicely written application and painted a clear picture of a mature raider with the right attitude - definitely what all guilds want in their members whether they realise it or not!

Good luck in your endeavours to find a raiding spot here or elsewhere as the powers that be peruse what you have to say!

Sursisyor
hyacinthe

Post by hyacinthe »

In the words of Foghorn Leghorn "Well I do, I say, I do declare, I'm mighty touched, down to my very plumage, by what ya'll 've written here"...well imagine that said with a deep southern accent and it'll be spot on.

If anything, it goes to show that effort is always awarded, in some manor at the least.

Now I'm just waiting for that perhaps, inevitable, "We are regretfully full up on tanks/paladins/female blood elves/swedes/whatnot and we wish you the best of luck finding another guild"
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Yes that is unfortunately what I have to say. I liked your application but one guild can only have so many paladins of any spec. Good luck with your future ventures and hopefully you will find a suitable guild.
hyacinthe

Post by hyacinthe »

That's what I was expecting. Well, you know where to find me...damn gold fish bending my hooks...