Lorenai, paladin

Please read the manual how to apply first.

Moderator: Class officer

Lorenai

Lorenai, paladin

Post by Lorenai »

Character:
- Lorenai, protection paladin - Armory / Be Imba (score 265)

Guilds:
- The Esoteric Foundation - I was kicked by Mythicow for an angry forum post.
- Nether Syndicate - Left to raid higher tier content

Why:
- Present: I do apply to Ubiquity because I would like to still raid until Northrend so my skills would not get rusty. It is very important to raid every week to keep sharp and in shape. There are very few guilds on our server that raid T6/SWP content.
- Future: Joining a guild with which I can hit Northrend at full speed and be able to get some of those server first kills in Naxx and beyond is a high priority for me.

What:
- Skill: I am very good trash tank. I can speed up a BT clear considerably by saving a lot of time on trash compared to warriors and with 22k buffed health, I can comfortably tank and have experience tanking all encounters up to and including Kalecgos. My gear should be sufficient for Felmyst, but I have not had the chance to try.
- Gear: I have 4/8 T6 gear, The Shield and overall decent T6 level gear. I have also Fire, Shadow, Nature and Arcane resistance gear for various encounters.
- Availability: I already run several bear runs with Ubiquity and would continue to be available for them on each reset. I am also available late at nights when other tanks are usually asleep.
- Dedication: I plan to hit Northrend at high speed, racing to 80 and being available for raiding as soon as possible.
- Something Extra: I have a very decent healing gear and I can respec holy and heal if needed. I have also a decent shaman healer and frost mage for 10-man raid balancing.
Saphne

Re: Lorenai, paladin

Post by Saphne »

All sounds pretty good. but what about the dude/gal behind the screen.?

only info i read is the reason you got kicked from TEF, and that your a dedicated raider.
Holadin 4life.
Traffkor
Class-Officer

Post by Traffkor »

Please whisper me if you and me are online Lorenai (normally im just online during 25man raids but maybe we can catch before)

and please post a bit more about yourself, age, work, hobbies (WoW is no hobby, its more :twisted:)
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

I don't like to post much about myself, because I like my privacy, so I usually avoid it unless asked, but since you did, I am past thirty, studied math for a long time, then computer science as well, work in the software industry and I used to have many hobbies when younger, but the one I keep till now is to design games and to study how games are being designed and what and how the game design affects the people playing a game and how the people in return affect the design. I would not consider WoW a hobby, because that is not something I will keep doing for years to come. I don't see myself playing WoW or any other such game 2 years from now. But while I do, I do it with passion and persistence, like all the things I enjoy doing.
pupu

Post by pupu »

OMG OMFG
GIEF LORENAI
DROOL

she's my gurl
you get my vote of confidence
raided in TEF more than 1 year and they are some pro ppl who left
Lorenai is definately one of them

i must edit my post
the only PRO ppl in TEF are the ones who left or were kicked

edit again
forgot about Grunee .. he's pro from birth
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Yeah well we have 3 "prot" palas in the guild and paladin activity is high. Most raids we have 4 paladins in if needed with a 5th guy on backup so I wouldn't say we need any more even though he has good gear.
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

Yeah, I know you don't need me. What do you need a 2nd best geared paladin on server for when you got the best geared one, right? The question is more of: "Will the investment of taking me in pay off somehow in the future?" I knew the situation in Ubiquity and that is why I didn't apply here first, but after a month of trying, I am sort of running out of options, so I need to try some long odds as well. Every solid guild will be full on active tanks, otherwise they would not be able to progress.
Nathlilik

Post by Nathlilik »

I know Lorenai for quite long time, he's a good player and have expirience, but as Vara wrote atm we are full of prot palas. I know the fact of his being kicked from TEF from my friends in that guild, I got something like him with mythicow on my hunter quite long time aggo.
He has my vouch as player in 100%
Varanor
Class-Officer

Post by Varanor »

Lorenai wrote:Yeah, I know you don't need me. What do you need a 2nd best geared paladin on server for when you got the best geared one, right?
I'm just not exactly sure what are you implying with this comment here but we have decided to decline your application simply because we can't guarantee a raiding spot to you before Lich King is out and we would rather use our current reserve of paladins since we are happy with their performance.

Thank you for your interest in Ubiquity.
Lorenai

Post by Lorenai »

Well, the comment was just saying Nathlilik is the best geared tankadin on the server :) And any guild basically just needs one tankadin if that in BC. Sadly. But even so you already have plenty of tanks. I was warned this would be the likely outcome of the application.

Anyway, thank you for consideration and for the nice words to those who vouched and if the situation changes for any reason, let me know, please. I don't think it is likely I would find a guild before LK or before Christmas for that matter and I don't really want to move to another server.

Good luck.
-Lore